Pages:
Author

Topic: Advice on the set up - page 2. (Read 244 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 13
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
April 27, 2021, 11:21:50 AM
18x RTX2080ti in your living room is a bad idea, try building rig with RTX3080 or 3070, this will leave more room for space and better air flow, also energy efficiency if you paying for electricity bills but I'd warn you this isn't a good time to invest big money on gpus because they are way overpriced
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
April 27, 2021, 10:36:50 AM
At the moment you would be paying way too much for any gpus, RoI will be almost a year.
For us$6k in my country you would be lucky to get 4x 3070s for that money....
So that is like 63x4 mh/s or 252mh/s would use at least 625w even on the lowest you can go with good cards.
To make 20k clean profit after investment at this point you cant. Mining halving will kill any current RoI even more.

Edit: unless maybe you looked at CMP and got them way cheaper then gpus, which idk how you would with supply demands.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
April 27, 2021, 02:23:28 AM
Hi people
i've just started mining on my PC for a few days and i think i would like to up my game. This is what i want to do.
Here are some things that i want to achieve:
at least 20K$ a year profit
Not too loud. maybe under 60db. Under 50 would be so nice.

I'll be running it in my living room.
I currently have RTX 2080 TI on my PC and hashrate shows around 50MH/s. At this rate, Minerstat shows $114.45/month profit. with Ethermine pool.
So in order to make 20k$ a year, id need 18 of RTX 2080 TI or less with graphic cards with higher hashrate?
i don't know if the calculation is as simple as this.

I'm not so sure how loud it'll get with 12 graphic cards but overall size wise, it's doable for me.
I don't have a set budget but i'm thinking i can pull out about 6k$ now.

Thanks Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: