Pages:
Author

Topic: [AEC] ALTER EGO COIN - LAUNCH April 26 MINER DOWNLOAD READY - page 9. (Read 23140 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Update:
- Bounty added and reserved for block explorer and coin counter.
- Bounty for optimization of the miner raised to 5000AEC

We are still looking for someone fluent in Chinese to proof read the translation of the ANN thread, please PM if interested.
Update:
- The miner is pretty much complete, we expect to run our first set of testnet trials next weekend.
- A section in the first post listing IPO investments will be up by tomorrow.
- The logo competition have been extended to the 11:th of April.
- Pool owners interested in putting up AEC pools, please send a email to [email protected] and put "pool" as subject.
We intend to distribute the encrypted wallet and miner a few days prior to launch.
We need to add you to a mailing list so all will get the password distributed at the same time, about 10 minutes prior to launch.
If you dont currently run pools please do not email, we will not add you to the mailing list, the password will be listed in the
first post of this ann thread and in the signature upon release.
We reserve the right to not include pool operators with a bad record in the mailing list.
- We get more and more offers from people who wants to perform community building, marketing etc - we are not interested in paying someone to spam the internet for us! We are confident that marketing will solve itself once we launch the exchange.
We made the decision to not spam, bump or add any hooray`s ourself in this thread and we are not interested in having a hired hand to do it for us.
- Bounty for block explorer will be added soon.

We would also like to remind readers of this thread of the 5AEC bounty for those of you that follow us on Twitter @AlterEgoCoin
The bounty will be payed out a few days after release, only those who follow us prior to the release qualifies for the bounty!

AEC have also been added to:
http://altcoinauthority.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/
&
http://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar
Seems cool, except for this:

Anonymous, computer programmer, founder - currently working on the coin, the exchange and the customized miner.

Your whole team has their name listed, even the goldfish, you say you'll be a real business with an office which is fantastic.  Finally something in altcoins like a normal company. I assume that if you're going to exchange this coin for real money that there are hundreds of pages of regulations  you have to follow, forms to be approved, etc.  Could these forms be pdf'd and posted?

Then, in the middle, the most important person, the programmer and founder can't give his name.  Suspicious.

Sorry to seem like an ass.  I'm really not.  I got burned by those gypsies at Mazacoin.  My bad for thinking a bunch of ass-scratching primitives could run an altcoin but they seemed official with documents and everything.  It was a huge disappointment.  Their programmer was named "Anonymous Pirate". This isn't the same mamko tsiganin is it?

Here in California in Silicon Valley when they start a new internet company, the founders are proud to have their names everywhere.  Why is this "Anonymous" person hiding his identity?

The amount of paperwork required for a venture like this is not a very heavy burden here in Sweden.
We will not do any banking and the exchange will not handle any cash so by doing a bypass on those to fields of affairs we can
dodge 99% of the paperwork.
This is pretty much a unregualted sector, as long as we keep our paperwork in order and pay our taxes and fee`s on time there is no real
roadblocks to run into. The biggest issue is to have our bank up to date about what we are doing so we can avoid issues like kapiton.se had with their with bank accounts frozen due to sheer stupidity and lack of communication with their bank.
In that sector we have a massive foothold of know-how and expertise already.

Other local companys are already doing what we aim to do but they only trade Bitcoin for FIAT - btcx.se, fybse.se & kaption.se - all focus on the local market, we aim globally!

The fact that one member of our development team have made the decision to remain anonymous is not a ideal situation we are aware of that but it was on his demand.
He is currently under contract by his employee to not conduct "equal or similar" work for someone else, the similar part is the rubber-paragraph that would most likely cost him his current job.
We are in a phase where we currently only invest time, effort and money, we do not earn yet, he can not afford to lose it.
This is pretty much the information i can provide you with at current date as answer to your question.
We did choose to list him as anonymous instead of providing a false name/alias.

To be honest most developers remain anonymous, Cryptogenic Bullion have one anonymous developer, most coins are developed by someone being anonymous even to their community - f:ex who is Baritus?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Seems cool, except for this:

Anonymous, computer programmer, founder - currently working on the coin, the exchange and the customized miner.

Your whole team has their name listed, even the goldfish, you say you'll be a real business with an office which is fantastic.  Finally something in altcoins like a normal company. I assume that if you're going to exchange this coin for real money that there are hundreds of pages of regulations  you have to follow, forms to be approved, etc.  Could these forms be pdf'd and posted?

Then, in the middle, the most important person, the programmer and founder can't give his name.  Suspicious.

Sorry to seem like an ass.  I'm really not.  I got burned by those gypsies at Mazacoin.  My bad for thinking a bunch of ass-scratching primitives could run an altcoin but they seemed official with documents and everything.  It was a huge disappointment.  Their programmer was named "Anonymous Pirate". This isn't the same mamko tsiganin is it?

Here in California in Silicon Valley when they start a new internet company, the founders are proud to have their names everywhere.  Why is this "Anonymous" person hiding his identity?

Activity: 368
Merit: 250
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
I've made a logo using the æ ligature, i think the "a" and "e" creates a duality that fits the alterego concept

here's it:

This reminds me of Bitcrea's creation

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcrea-professional-graphic-design-logo-brand-identity-webdesign-etc-444106
Activity: 368
I've made a logo using the æ ligature, i think the "a" and "e" creates a duality that fits the alterego concept

here's it:

Here is my try for the logo.

I like these logos! Looks professional and original! Good luck to you man!
do you have a bounty for an italian translation?

We only had a bounty for Chinese translation because of the massive language barrier, to our knowledge  people in almost all european countrys learn basic english in school as a second language so there is no direct absolute need for Polish, Italian, Russian etc translations.
The day the exchange targets the Russian market it will have a Russian translation also.

If a customer/client cant speak english but can use the service because it is translated then how shall we manage a support ticket written in Hungarian or a phone call!?
We are currently headhunting a Chinese foreign exchange student living in the Stockholm area to work part time for us.
Activity: 301
Activity: 280
do you have a bounty for an italian translation?
Activity: 294
0.10BTC investment by anonymous1 confirmed.

Logo bounty raised to 2000AEC.

Activity: 772
Merit: 500
Here is my try for the logo.
We would like to bring to your attention that there is no official AlterEgoCoin accounts apart from here at Bitcointalk and at Twitter (@AlterEgoCoin) and our offical and at the moment only email is [email protected]
Once google docs, other email adresses, domains etc comes live and offical they will be listed in the first post in this thread and in the signature!
The harvest of phising/spoof emails to our inbox does not seem to decline, always consider all contact attempts not coming from one of your offical accounts or our email as fraudulent.
Some examples:
https://anonfiles.com/file/9aba9940b001c6c70ecc9365fa333b94
https://anonfiles.com/file/00f855d12ae67616a93f9cb1af1268be
https://anonfiles.com/file/bff849becceb29a1e8f0f75226fc5b0f

Please note:
For encrypted communication with us you can register a free 7-day trial account at countermail.com
How much will 1 AEC equal to in USD?

Sorry if this is a noob question.

Sorry but that question is impossible to answer.
The value of AEC will be entirely up to the market to decide.
There will be no fixed AEC>FIAT value set by the exchange, the exchange will guarantee you the current rate for what the coins are worth when they reach the exchange.

You will be able to make qualified guesses when the investment phase ends and compare the amount of BTC raised and divide it with the amount of AEC distributed amongst the investors, it is very unlikely they will sell for less then they invested.
It will take 26.3 days for mined AEC to catch up to the amount in the IPO part of the premine, the exchange is planned to open about 3 weeks after launch so there will be a almost 50/50 split between mined AEC and AEC given out to investors by then.
How much will 1 AEC equal to in USD?

Sorry if this is a noob question.
0.2 BTC sent

TrxID: 626d80a67ec9b10808624b3906147e221aae6944395ecb8694e26f6e808c2660

Confirmed.

Yes that is our entire point, to make GPU mining viable for the future.
To keep mining accessible and worthwhile to everyone.
In the future we will be able to if needed to update the miner and hardfork the coin to again make it unaccessible for ASIC`s and FPGA`s.
Sounds good! But... What are the advantages of AEC over, for example, vert?! Just the "direct" conversion to fiat ( what is arguably for now, as nobody knows how does it work and does it work at all?! ) And why did you name it "Alter ego"? Quite a strange name for a currency, isn't it?  Huh

The term Alter Ego was choosen because we felt hat the coin have 2 sides, 1 crypto and 1 FIAT.

Conversions will not be exactly "direct", the exchange will require in the range of 20-30 confirmations (exact amount not set yet) and your bank transfer will be send the next working day.
For a US customer this will equal about 4-5 working days before the money reach your bank account.

The advantages AEC will share with f:ex Vert or Metis is:
- Less heat then scrypt
- Less power consumption then scrypt
- ASIC/FPGA safe (not certain about Metiscoin on that point sorry)

Advantages that AEC have over other coins:
- First point is of course the AEC to FIAT exchange and vice versa.
- If you run a business it is easy and safe for you to accept AEC and have continual payouts (working days) to your business bank account.  
Separate business registration will most likely be available on the exchange already upon launch.
- AEC can also be used as payment or for transactions. Sums below the KYC amount can be sent from 1 person with another w.o a registration process, the two might be in different countrys or even continents.
- The very likely possibility to in a not to distant future exchange AEC against precious metals.
- It is not very likely that the need for crypto>FIAT conversions will vanish over night, AEC will most likely be a attractive coin to mine and hold, not a coin to mine and dump as soon as possible.
- It have a clear purpose and a devoted team behind it risking pretty much everything they own into its success.
- It is not a random litecoin clone with some slightly edited put n paste code with a fancy logo.

Pages:
Jump to: