Pages:
Author

Topic: Age of bitcoiners - page 4. (Read 1966 times)

Activity: 2366
Merit: 207
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 24, 2022, 11:20:55 PM
Mostly the people I know are? ages from 40 to 45k as those are the people that i meet either in real life and in groups  though there are also younger but mostly are in this ages.
But it doesn't matter which ages/ the important things is who are the people that truly trusted bitcoin and who will keep their coins on hold for long term.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 174
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 24, 2022, 09:14:58 PM
I'm sure the result will be 31-35, 35-40 years of age will get the maximum votes. The same is being recorded in the thread where the voting is done for average age of bitcoiners. This time we can see a good number of youngsters, which means the freshers/beginners with few years of experience in a job. Because during the pandemic these people got into cryptocurrency and now they make a good contribution.
Looks like you are correct mate ,  because the votes stands to that range of ages and also there are several changes over time  and looks like it is the middle ages in which investors in bitcoin are.
But I must be honest that I am one of those .

but the question only stands here in forum and what about those outside the forum in which there are much more people .
legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
July 24, 2022, 08:57:29 PM
We need thousands of votes to have a somewhat reliable and bulkier statistic to work with.  With one or two hundred votes it is hard to make a reliable assumption.  Also, how many people use forums nowadays?

Also many people who have bitcoin may not even know that this forum exist, especially older generations who don't do everything on the internet.
I would argue it might be the opposite way.  Younger generations seem to prefer videos over text and social media over forums due to more pleasant UI experience and more comfort.  I rather see older generations searching for a forum than young ones.

But maybe I am just wrong.

i cut my teeth on dial up BBSs in the 70s and 80s, which were very like the forums today.. which because basically internet forums pretty much just emulated the BBS forums that existed back then.

discord.. videos.. bleh. gimme a straight up no nonsense linear forum anyday. easy to read (im pretty much a speed reader anyway), old info can be easily searched for. and old info is kept (usually). bitcointalk has some amazing threads from back in the day if you want a good romp through the early days of btc history.

btw im in the "over 55" club... way over
Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
July 24, 2022, 06:57:13 PM
No age bracket into cryptocurrency and Bitcoin what age you find yourself, you can buy cryptocurrency and invest for yourself and wait for bullish season, i believe that people do buy Bitcoin for their children when they children is still tender and i believe that those people who do such have for sea the usefulness of cryptocurrency
There is no age bracket for the buying and holding of bitcoin, because in the history of bitcoin it is possible to see a good number of youngsters below 18 made their buy when the price was low and have turned millionaires.

What is being discussed in the thread is all about the age of bitcoin users. This means which age bracket people use cryptocurrency much. What the poll states is true, because most of the users who is entered the market when they were in their 24+ years of age have now turned 30+ and this have made the 30-35 choice lead the poll.
Activity: 686
Merit: 21
July 24, 2022, 06:29:42 PM
No age bracket into cryptocurrency and Bitcoin what age you find yourself, you can buy cryptocurrency and invest for yourself and wait for bullish season, i believe that people do buy Bitcoin for their children when they children is still tender and i believe that those people who do such have for sea the usefulness of cryptocurrency
Activity: 910
Merit: 290
July 24, 2022, 06:22:30 PM
Thanks for the poll OP! Was expecting more investors to be between 20-30 as has been the case in previous years, or the previous bull/bear market. It's interesting to see from this poll that there are more users between 30-40 these days, even if it's just Bitcoin holders getting older! I think this also shows how Bitcoin itself is maturing, if the age of investors/traders is increasing, it's heading in the right direction.

Interesting to see so few users are under 22, personally I would of expected a lot more.

Yep and I think majority or at least those who have at least join in 2017 would be between 30-40 years old by now. And we could say that it is maturing, but nevertheless it will be a cycle. As we graduated and see our first full cycle (bear/bull), we will see a new batch coming along in 2020-2021 and it goes on and goes. And maybe for those younger generations, perhaps it is by chance that they have discovered bitcoin during the pandemic or those age bracket have different mindset, to look for investment and grow their money at a young age.
Lol I include myself, although I'm not in my 30s I'm very close to that age, but I think that all of this those who are between 30 and 40 are the ones who have lived the longest eras of bitcoin, because taking an average, the majority who knew Bitcoin they did from 2014 onwards, and I would have liked to know bitcoin in 2009, but in the place where it was there was almost no internet and there was almost no interest in the forums, everything was more focused on MSN, and it was very difficult to find things like bitcoin over there.
Activity: 728
Merit: 282
July 22, 2022, 02:34:19 AM
A forum poll might not be accurate enough to reveal the reality, because many people don't answer them and a higher percentage of crypto adopters should participate in order to collect enough data to reach a conclusion.
Despite this, it's well known most crypto enthusiasts are from millennials' generation (1981 – 1996 birth date). Youngest generation isn't too interested in investing money, it seems. At least for now.

DIGITAL 2022: BIG RISE IN CRYPTOCURRENCY OWNERSHIP

The image in the above was quite good and clear to me Sir where I could say that the age of bitcoiners are really growing more
and more in the future.

Cryptocurrencies are particularly popular across developing economies, especially in countries where conventional currencies are more prone to fluctuations in exchange rates.

this is true and correct, fluctuation most of the time happened in the market at the moment
and we all know that because of the volatility the bitcoiners had a chance to have profit in the future
as well.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
July 22, 2022, 01:30:42 AM
Present media talk about Bitcoin collapse will make especially young people nervous. This will lift the average Bitcoin owners age. Bitcoin is now 12 mo low but will raise quickly and rapidly, which brings young ones back.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
July 22, 2022, 12:55:12 AM
I don’t think that it is really their fault if they aren’t believing in bitcoin. This generate has seen enormous advanced development and also many of the biggest scams ever. Though some are able to adapt and incorporate advancements in their real life, many aren’t.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 767
July 21, 2022, 07:38:18 PM
Agree with what you say because sometimes young people are more open-minded, even though it's not like that now.
But maybe in the area I live in, most people who are new to Crypto and who have been in the Crypto world are relatively young on average.
As for maybe people who are already old can only be counted on the fingers because sometimes it is quite difficult to direct people who are more mature to something new.
Some old age hags arent really that open minded on things which are new or been developed on this year or future where they do tend to believe and stick into those old traditional ways where they do only

care but not all old people would be like that since there are ones who do welcome such changes and being that open minded on such new things around thats why its really situational because not all people do have the same mindset and beliefs on particular things in life.Some do stick into those old things and some do welcome new ones.

Age doesnt really matter as long you are able to make yourself learn into this one and pretty much aware on how it works then it would surely count
and wont really be that an issue whether you are 5 years old or 90 years of age.  Cheesy
Well, in this case indeed we also cannot forget old age because indeed not a few of them are also still very active and still like Crypto and their views are clearly very broad.
One example might be Jet Cash which now can be said that he is a senior who is quite experienced in this matter (in my opinion).
He may be one of the members who are not young anymore because he is 80 years old now if you look at his post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/when-i-started-driving-5405027

Regardless of age, it doesn't make someone narrow-minded, but it's very rare to see parents here and it's an honor for me to know there are old people who are still active and contributing to Crypto.
We know that this is a decentralized and anonymous market or place on where you cant really able to determine on whose old and whose young unless if it was been said or mentioned by someone about
their age or something in related to that but its true that it is really that amazing that some members of this forum which had that old age but still that active and have big contributions in the community.
I wasnt aware of Jetcash age and thanks for mentioning it out which does proves out that people on this forum arent only in mid 30s or 50s but rather having those 80 and above.
Just like i said that age wont really matter as long you do know on how to deal up with crypto despite of the age you do have then i dont see anything wrong.There's no such restriction
or prohibitions.
Activity: 882
Merit: 268
July 21, 2022, 02:08:03 PM
Agree with what you say because sometimes young people are more open-minded, even though it's not like that now.
But maybe in the area I live in, most people who are new to Crypto and who have been in the Crypto world are relatively young on average.
As for maybe people who are already old can only be counted on the fingers because sometimes it is quite difficult to direct people who are more mature to something new.
Some old age hags arent really that open minded on things which are new or been developed on this year or future where they do tend to believe and stick into those old traditional ways where they do only

care but not all old people would be like that since there are ones who do welcome such changes and being that open minded on such new things around thats why its really situational because not all people do have the same mindset and beliefs on particular things in life.Some do stick into those old things and some do welcome new ones.

Age doesnt really matter as long you are able to make yourself learn into this one and pretty much aware on how it works then it would surely count
and wont really be that an issue whether you are 5 years old or 90 years of age.  Cheesy
Well, in this case indeed we also cannot forget old age because indeed not a few of them are also still very active and still like Crypto and their views are clearly very broad.
One example might be Jet Cash which now can be said that he is a senior who is quite experienced in this matter (in my opinion).
He may be one of the members who are not young anymore because he is 80 years old now if you look at his post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/when-i-started-driving-5405027

Regardless of age, it doesn't make someone narrow-minded, but it's very rare to see parents here and it's an honor for me to know there are old people who are still active and contributing to Crypto.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 767
July 20, 2022, 06:27:41 PM
I don't have any statistical data report but based on my assumption usually ages 18 to 35 are people who have open-minded when it comes to crypto.
Based on this article, half of the young men in the US it seems showing more interest on cryptocurrencies like trading and investing which is calculated almost half of the population, it's 43%.

Maybe old people might didn't have an interest in technology or even using computers.
And most of us now in our age are more fluent on gadgets, so I think that's the reason.

Activity: 882
Merit: 268
July 20, 2022, 01:17:48 PM
I don't have any statistical data report but based on my assumption usually ages 18 to 35 are people who have open-minded when it comes to crypto.
Based on this article, half of the young men in the US it seems showing more interest on cryptocurrencies like trading and investing which is calculated almost half of the population, it's 43%.

Maybe old people might didn't have an interest in technology or even using computers.
And most of us now in our age are more fluent on gadgets, so I think that's the reason.
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
July 20, 2022, 12:56:04 PM
And maybe for those younger generations, perhaps it is by chance that they have discovered bitcoin during the pandemic or those age bracket have different mindset, to look for investment and grow their money at a young age.

With all the inflation I see people having less and less money to put in speculative things like crypto. Especially young people can struggle with that even more, since they already only have small amounts. I think what it would need is some kind of marketing in social media, but that is mainly done by scammers that want to sell you trading strategy crap etc.. This actually only scares away smart people and attracts the not so smart  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
July 18, 2022, 08:14:57 AM
Thanks for the poll OP! Was expecting more investors to be between 20-30 as has been the case in previous years, or the previous bull/bear market. It's interesting to see from this poll that there are more users between 30-40 these days, even if it's just Bitcoin holders getting older! I think this also shows how Bitcoin itself is maturing, if the age of investors/traders is increasing, it's heading in the right direction.

Interesting to see so few users are under 22, personally I would of expected a lot more.

Yep and I think majority or at least those who have at least join in 2017 would be between 30-40 years old by now. And we could say that it is maturing, but nevertheless it will be a cycle. As we graduated and see our first full cycle (bear/bull), we will see a new batch coming along in 2020-2021 and it goes on and goes. And maybe for those younger generations, perhaps it is by chance that they have discovered bitcoin during the pandemic or those age bracket have different mindset, to look for investment and grow their money at a young age.
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
July 18, 2022, 04:21:16 AM
I would come in the age group 16-21 in that first poll, and now it's 22-24. I am sure there are a lot more zoomers in the cryptosphere now than before. But they don't use bitcointalk. For them, it's reddit,discord and 4chan.

Unlike before, when most of the neophytes would register on bitcointalk as well. Maybe because due to the hierarchy here based on how old(older=more post &activity=higher rank) your account is. So newbies don't really feel like staying  Huh

This could be a problem but it is the same on other platforms where older more known users are more respected. Maybe it is because reddit for example has also a lot of other communities so many people have already an account that has some trust to it. Also it is just that reddit has a very good design that bitcointalk will never be able to archive with standard forum software. I think in the next bullmarket we see many new users. In the end it is about content and thats where you can't compete with bitcointalk. Even if we maybe should advertise bitcointalk a little more on reddit.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
July 17, 2022, 07:53:49 PM
I'm sure the result will be 31-35, 35-40 years of age will get the maximum votes.
So far, according to current vote results, most bitcoiner ages are around 30 - 45. It means most bitcoiners are mature people who probably have enough knowledge about digital investment. I'm not surprised with the current result since mature people who probably brave enough to spend their money on holding Bitcoin. While for young people, it seems a bit risky for them, so they are not brave enough.

This time we can see a good number of youngsters, which means the freshers/beginners with few years of experience in a job.
Yep. Since Bitcoin is more popular and having Bitcoin becomes a usual thing, more young people are interested to join Bitcoin investment. It is a good sign that we will have the young generation of bitcoiners.

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382
Hurrah for Karamazov!
July 17, 2022, 07:41:06 PM
I would come in the age group 16-21 in that first poll, and now it's 22-24. I am sure there are a lot more zoomers in the cryptosphere now than before. But they don't use bitcointalk. For them, it's reddit,discord and 4chan.

Unlike before, when most of the neophytes would register on bitcointalk as well. Maybe because due to the hierarchy here based on how old(older=more post &activity=higher rank) your account is. So newbies don't really feel like staying  Huh
Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
July 17, 2022, 05:58:08 PM
I'm sure the result will be 31-35, 35-40 years of age will get the maximum votes. The same is being recorded in the thread where the voting is done for average age of bitcoiners. This time we can see a good number of youngsters, which means the freshers/beginners with few years of experience in a job. Because during the pandemic these people got into cryptocurrency and now they make a good contribution.
I have to agree with you. These age range are most likely the individuals that who go extra mile and take investments since working alone do not bring big changes in their lives. This was also my age range when i started here, since our mindset is now more open and would likely to get out from our comfort zones and try taking investments. Although there are also beginners that have entered into bitcoining at an early ages, maybe because they have been influenced by some early adopters here, aside from the pandemic that still leaves a huge impact these days.
There are indeed some of younger people who do get engage with bitcoin and example for this one which is 18 years old and already a millionaire.
Erik Finman became a bitcoin millionaire at 18- now he’s thinking about life beyond crypto
https://www.businessofbusiness.com/articles/erik-finman-bitcoin-millionaire-interview/

Honestly, it doesnt really require a specific age for someone to engage on bitcoin or crypto as a whole as long you are aware and knowledgeable and able to take
a good grasp into this market then its somewhat impossible that you wont able to understand and also there's no age restriction or somewhat like this.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 612
July 17, 2022, 05:49:54 PM
I have to agree with you. These age range are most likely the individuals that who go extra mile and take investments since working alone do not bring big changes in their lives. This was also my age range when i started here, since our mindset is now more open and would likely to get out from our comfort zones and try taking investments. Although there are also beginners that have entered into bitcoining at an early ages, maybe because they have been influenced by some early adopters here, aside from the pandemic that still leaves a huge impact these days.
Pages:
Jump to: