Pages:
Author

Topic: AION Mainnet Launch - page 7. (Read 3538 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 0
September 19, 2018, 06:13:51 PM

🗣We are very excited to launch the Aion Token Bridge and Swap!

🎢 This bridge will enable AION ERC-20 Tokens holders to seamlessly and atomically transfer their AION ERC-20 Tokens on #Ethereum to AION Coins on the Aion Blockchain.

👉 On Twitter please hastag #AionSwap if you have any questions about the process or use the [email protected] email. 

👀 Please read the full blog post here: https://blog.aion.network/aion-token-bridge-and-swap-live-1689ed5e279
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
September 19, 2018, 01:39:27 PM
The current price of the AION coin is about $ 0.4, and the forecasts of its value growth were so rosy when it cost $ 10 ... And did not help save the coin from the drop in the cost this good news about the launch of its MainNet. I am very glad that I managed to sell this coin at a price of $ 5, I do not think that its value will reach its former level in the near future.
Activity: 968
Merit: 250
September 19, 2018, 11:57:32 AM
We are excited to launch the Aion Token Bridge and Swap!  This bridge will enable AION ERC-20 Tokens holders to seamlessly and atomically transfer their AION ERC-20 Tokens on #Ethereum to AION Coins. https://t.co/NqJdurgbyp
Activity: 672
Merit: 281
September 18, 2018, 09:12:52 PM
"Instead of building a business and building products ... we’re going to leverage the Aion Foundation to support third parties." Click https://t.co/TTD4wWh5CY to follow #AionNetwork for all news and updates.  #Blockchain #PoweredByAion https://t.co/9TAulOUozC
September 18, 2018, 08:34:45 AM

What’s It Worth?
In the 1980s, if I asked you how much TCP/IP is worth, you’d look at the number of potential devices that could be connected … and probably reply “not much.”

It was easy to say the same thing about Ethereum two years ago. The question then was what’s the worth of a decentralized protocol that can build blockchain applications?

At the time, there was very little blockchain development taking place. So, the majority of investors thought Ethereum was wildly overvalued at $1 billion. Two years after I recommended it, its value would hit a high of $140 billion.

When I wrote my initial report on Ethereum, I called for a $30 billion valuation within two years. I can’t print the names people called me for making that prediction. I’m prepared to face the same type of scorn when it comes to Aion.

At a current market value of $230 million, I think relative to its potential, Aion represents a phenomenal opportunity to take a trivial amount of money and turn it into an enormous amount of money.

By the first half of this year, Aion will have a functioning token bridge and interchain communication with Ethereum. This successful launch of a functioning cross-chain platform will be huge market news.

We expect sentiment in the broad market to be much improved by Q2. As such, the successful launch of Aion’s first working bridge could easily 10x the token price. That will take the coin from $2.50 to $25.

Over the next two years, if we see the kind of rapid adoption I believe we will see, then Aion will move up by at least 20x. That puts the price closer to $50.

Over the next five years, if Aion can cement itself as the most popular solution for connecting blockchains, then I think its value will mimic Cisco’s in the late ‘90s.

At its peak, Cisco had a value of $515 billion. That was equal to 10% of the entire $5 trillion internet sector.

As I wrote earlier, if we use today’s crypto ecosystem value of $330 billion as a baseline, that would peg the potential value of this project at $33 billion.

Based on the current amount of tokens outstanding, that’s enough to turn a $400 investment into $111,000.
September 18, 2018, 08:33:50 AM

Here’s All You Need to Know to Understand Aion
Imagine you’re in 1990 and I was explaining router technology to you. Would you really need to know every technical aspect to understand its value?

No, you wouldn’t.

All you’d need to know is what the router accomplishes for users … why people would buy it … and whether the company had the right group of folks to get the job done.

That’s why rather than doing a deep dive on the minutiae of each of Aion’s features, I’m going to give you a broad overview of how the solution works.

(For those who are more technically inclined, Aion has five white papers on its site you can read at your leisure.)

There are essentially two critical pieces to the Aion solution. They’re called interchain transaction protocol (ICT) and bridges.

Think of ICT as the common language blockchains will use to communicate with each other. The concept is similar to TCP/IP.

TCP stands for transmission control protocol. This is a set of rules that governs the exchange of packets of data over the internet.

IP stands for internet protocol. This is a set of rules that governs sending and receiving data at the internet-address level.

IP by itself is something like the postal system. It allows you to address a package and drop it in the system, but there’s no direct link between you and the recipient. TCP/IP, on the other hand, establishes a connection between two hosts, so they can send messages back and forth for a period of time.

Just like TCP/IP, ICT standardizes how blockchains communicate with each other.

A “bridge” is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a connection built from the Aion blockchain to another blockchain. To create a bridge, a user will have to stake (commit) a certain number of AION tokens.

Developers who build bridges can collect fees from all the traffic that crosses the bridge.

Anyone can create a bridge. Aion expects fierce competition among bridge builders to the most popular blockchains. This competition will keep fees reasonable.

To create trust in these bridges, there are third-party “validators.” The validators provide an oversight function. 75% of the validators must agree before a transaction can cross a bridge. The validators share the fees collected from crossing the bridge.

Like bridge operators, validators must stake a certain amount of AION coins. That stake incentivizes everyone to act ethically. If you’re a dishonest validator or bridge operator, you risk losing your staked coins.

There are many other aspects of the Aion solution that I have not gone into. They include proof-of-work mining, an Aion virtual machine, and an Aion development platform to build your own blockchain.

Although these aspects are important, you don’t need to understand them to realize the value Aion provides. The fundamental keys to Aion’s value are its ICT and bridge solutions.
September 16, 2018, 10:00:20 PM

Sam is a big part of the Aion team, he's not active on our TG, Twitter or Forum, but he's all in on cryptocurrency / blockchain - he's always researching other projects and keeping upto date on the latest thinking.  He's one of the team members I see coming more to the forefront. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRn23SoGR9U
September 16, 2018, 06:51:26 PM

https://i.imgur.com/YSxuqAI.jpg

Aion Foundation credentials:

. Aion coFounder Matt Spoke is a Fintech Advisor for the Ontario Securities Commission & Ministry of Finance.
. Matt Spoke also coFounded the entire Enterprise Ethereum Alliance along with Microsoft, JP Morgan, ConsenSys, Accenture & CME:
https://youtu.be/WHbKyoP9rJ8
. Canada's largest Stock Exchange TMX VP & Board of Directors Member are Aion advisors
. Nuco is a Founding Member of the Blockchain Research Institute
. Ethereum co-founder Anthony Di lorio is Advisor to Aion
. Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin is Advisor to Nuco, Aion’s parent.
. Ethereum co-founder Joeseph Lubin & Matt are cofounders of Muskoka Group
. Vitalik’s father, Dmitry Buterin is Angel investor in Aion
. Deloitte’s Growth Executive Partner Ian Chan recently joined Aion to lead global operations & marketing teams.

AION Network at a glance:

. Open Source project
. Team of 75 people
. One of most Active GitHubs
. Top 10 Mainnet by Number of Daily Transactions
. 2+ years in development
. 250,000+ lines of open source code
. Working cross-chain Interoperability bridge already released in Alpha
. Dev meetups on 4 continents
. 650 people attended 1st Aion Dev conference AionEX
. 15 projects & ICOs including Velocia.io & VeriTransfer.io will be launching on Aion this year alone: https://youtu.be/5GqXuPVTY9g
. Top & unmatched Partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies & government agencies including TMX, Deloitte, Moog & Vodafone, not just partnerships with other crypto projects: https://youtu.be/tfR7aixh1MM
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
September 16, 2018, 09:44:44 AM
This is good, so that one will truely see the project enters next stage in its life cycle, but one thing I have been asking about the project, it what is better in this project when comapred to Ethereum, I saw that this is solving the scalalbility issue in the space which to me is not enough

Yeah truly is dude,its a rare idea that a altcoin project has this kind of updating this only mean how serious the team and developers to prove their promise to the investors.i guess i already find the last coin to be added in my folio,keep it up guys im following you
Yes AION when launching its mainnet is not like tron, which can make an uproar where exchange and trading volume increase rapidly, but hopefully AION can be a good cryptocurrency and I believe that.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
September 16, 2018, 08:49:57 AM
This is good, so that one will truely see the project enters next stage in its life cycle, but one thing I have been asking about the project, it what is better in this project when comapred to Ethereum, I saw that this is solving the scalalbility issue in the space which to me is not enough

Yeah truly is dude,its a rare idea that a altcoin project has this kind of updating this only mean how serious the team and developers to prove their promise to the investors.i guess i already find the last coin to be added in my folio,keep it up guys im following you
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
September 16, 2018, 08:21:13 AM
"There are contributions that come in from community members that are massively impactful." Click below to follow #AionNetwork for all news and updates ; http://bit.ly/2M82uZ2
September 15, 2018, 10:11:16 PM

Globe and Mail is the equivalent to the Wall St Journal in Canada:  https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canada-emerges-as-a-hub-for-blockchain-technology/

Another great example is the founder of Aion, who realized there was an opportunity to build on what ethereum had done and try to do certain things better, such as scaling blockchain platforms and enabling interoperability between different platforms,” says Mr. Tapscott. “Now Aion is one of the leading platforms in the world, with a footprint that extends well beyond our shores to every corner of the globe.”
September 15, 2018, 10:09:35 PM

Few more Aion based Dapps still in the making:
https://youtu.be/2IE1ZwoJOFY
September 15, 2018, 10:09:09 PM

The team has worked with TMX Group, Moog, Deloitte, Government of Ontario, Vodafone, Hong Kong Monetary Authority, and others.

Blockchain project partners include Icon, Wanchain, SingularityNET, Enigma, SONM, Metaverse, Bitt, F2Pool, Microsoft Azure, ePIC, and more recently Amberdata, WinMiner, Shyft, Nodesmith, Coinomi, and BlockDaemon.

Three projects launching on Aion have already been announced. VeriTransfer will use Aion to decentralize the process of storing ownership rights and transfer of firearms. Velocia will be launching an open network for integrated mobility services like ride sharing, public transportation, and deliveries. The CEO of Risepic tweeted that they were building their personalized learning platform on Aion. More launch announcements are expected before the end of this year.

The Aion team's track record and work up to this point are not to be underestimated
September 15, 2018, 10:08:41 PM

I wouldn't be surprized if SONM & other Ethereum-based mining startups & services migrate from Ethereum to Aion once Ethereum switches from PoW to Casper PoS.
Aion cross-chain interoperability allows Aion to run both current & upcoming versions of Aion mainnet (PoW & DPoS) in parallel using same Aion token supply & will both be supported by Aion foundation. This makes Aion the next best PoW Dapp platform to migrate to after Ethereum moves to PoS.
The "mining" herd is coming.
September 15, 2018, 10:06:48 PM

Token Swap FAQs

Official info and sign up for updates here:
aion.network/token-swap

When is the swap?
Parts of the swap have already begun, and the whole process will be completed by end of Nov 2018.

Do I have to swap?
Yes.

But why?
The native Aion coin is the centerpiece of Aion's economic system, and existing Aion ERC20s are not compatible. This is a mandatory upgrade.

What if I don't swap during the swap window?
You risk being stuck with an ERC20 that has no use and has no value. Only limited support will be available after the swap window closes, so you should swap during the window.

How do i swap?
You can use Aion's token bridge or one of the supporting exchanges

How do I use the token bridge?
The bridge will be released soon along with detailed instructions for how to use it.

What exchanges are participating?
These have not yet been announced other than Changelly, but will be announced soon. You can purchase the native Aion coin on Bilaxy and LATOKEN currently.

How do I store my native Aion coins after I swap?
Aion's desktop wallet for Linux (which can be run on a virtual machine in Windows or MacOS) and the Coinomi mobile wallet have both been released. Ledger support is coming soon, and additional wallet releases are anticipated.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
September 15, 2018, 08:26:04 AM
"Aion is our contribution, enabling a future … where everyone is included". AionNetwork for all news and updates blockchain opensource dev AION https://t.co/GRpeSgYQdQ https://t.co/Q9mXRWhSGv
Activity: 968
September 13, 2018, 09:23:48 AM
Aion is something larger than us. We're talking about this is a complete restructure of how the world works". #AionNetwork for all news and updates  https://aion.network/#stay-informed
Activity: 868
September 11, 2018, 06:10:06 PM
A quick update in the token swap.

We’ve pushed the official start date to early next week in order to assure we’ve gone through the rigorous testing required and to make sure systems are behaving as expected.

If you are just tuning in please refer to the official FAQ page for the token swap that will run until November.

Below is a Recap of Friday’s Email:

It’s important to have a wide range of exchanges and wallets onboard, integrated and heavily tested before we move ahead. We’re happy with our efforts on this front and will launch the token swap with more than 10 partners. This number will obviously increase over the proceeding months to get more coverage.
Our bridge will be live and hosted on an Aion Foundation web portal with SSL encryption - It is important to check for valid certificates since we will be the only viable bridge interface. (more to come)
We are producing a step by step webinar, comprehensive documentation and will be available on all social channels, forum, and Reddit to help guide you during this process. We are very close to go-live day, which we anticipate next week baring unforeseen circumstances.​
Thank you for your patience and support

Aion Token Swap Team ​
Activity: 420
Merit: 117
September 11, 2018, 04:09:58 PM
"There’s not enough people challenging the original assumptions of how we built the (#Blockchain) system in the first place.” https://t.co/zYKX8ALQR7
Pages:
Jump to: