Pages:
Author

Topic: AIRDROPS ASKING FOR KYC VERIFICATION - page 4. (Read 14235 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
April 18, 2019, 06:56:38 AM
The issue of KYC always raises questions whose answers are mostly not very discerning to the ears. It is quite unfortunate, I know most crypto enthusiasts are not comfortable giving out their personal information for KYC but there is little we can do about the situation at the moment.  Most of these projects claim they are under a legal jurisdiction where KYC is very important for many business projects. The new trend is increasingly becoming worrisome as many airdrops are even requiring KYC verification from participants.

I don't think this should be followed if you don't want to do KYC in every airdrop program, that is simple
and if you do not want to do KYC for each campaign, you must first ask the manager or team of the ico project. yes it's that simple
but I agree if airdrop is not feasible to include KYC
Activity: 707
Merit: 1
April 18, 2019, 06:39:41 AM
KYC for an airdrop that will likely not amount to 50usd. I can never do that. Airdrops don't worth anything this days, so why the stress of doing KYC.
Activity: 434
April 18, 2019, 06:02:34 AM
Lol. Kyc is now get implemented for each airdrop. Well, i dont think that kyc would be necessary since airdrop is not even an investment by buying something from the project. Just avoid this airdrop and find another.
copper member
Activity: 190
April 18, 2019, 05:59:03 AM
I would never risk the safety of my personal information for a small airdrop. They are literally worth nothing at the moment and there are almost no projects that are sharing some great amount of tokens and not just 20 cents.
copper member
Activity: 126
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
April 18, 2019, 05:53:06 AM
I would never risk my personal documents for a small airdrop. However, airdrops are worth almost nothing, especially on the falling market and it does not make any sense to undergo a KYC process for several bucks of noname token.

And also, for an airdrop that as a so easy task to accomplish, there is huge percent that these activity will not going to pay even small amount, and when you risk your personal identity, you have lost allot, even your safety to the online community. So I advice not to provide your KYC unless the project is confirmed legit.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 18, 2019, 05:13:07 AM
The very little thing that all of you can do if you are into airdrops is..

not to comply with any of their KYC and just forget about that airdrop.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
April 18, 2019, 05:01:58 AM
Mostly airdrop gives only a small amout of tokens that yet to know the excact price. Most only worth of tens of dollar and even have no value. I don't think it is worth for KYC which hand over our personal information for a couple bucks.
Activity: 584
Merit: 252
April 18, 2019, 04:56:49 AM
Airdrops asking for KYC verification is another way to steal people's identity and sell in the black market.Information and data are very important things and have a good value in dark web and many other places.So whenever any airdrop asks for kyc I think its totally an useless project.Unless you see the tokens get listed and have a good value and the site/exchange wherever kyc is needed is good its better not to go for KYC.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
April 18, 2019, 03:54:37 AM
If you see that the company is serious and for example if the tokens of this company are already trading on the exchange, then you can go through KYC, of course, everything depends from the amount you can get for passing KYC, so everyone decides for himself.

Yes it's true if they receive big rewards, there will be many who do KYC, but if the rewards are small I don't think they will think again if the rewards are small,
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
April 18, 2019, 03:47:51 AM
Yeah, this is the height of it, i remember a project that requested for participants kyc before distributing their airdrop, the sad part is i submitted my kyc and receive my airdrop but basically worth nothing Undecided i regretted doing that, after reasoning with lots of thread here in forum about kyc, i think i have done enough of exposing my personal info, no more kyc project for me, especially airdrop Roll Eyes it's not worth it.
Activity: 1764
April 18, 2019, 03:38:19 AM
If you see that the company is serious and for example if the tokens of this company are already trading on the exchange, then you can go through KYC, of course, everything depends from the amount you can get for passing KYC, so everyone decides for himself.
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
April 18, 2019, 03:33:59 AM
I see no reason why people will waste time on airdrops with KYC, KYC doesn't guarantee  that you will even get paid and it's not even worth it because  the reward is very low
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
April 18, 2019, 03:31:38 AM
KYC is a problem because Crypto has been anonymous since the beginning. And when this KYC is used, of course, many parties disagree. But this is now running and all depends on you who did it. For me, if Airdrop uses KYC, it's better not to follow it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
April 18, 2019, 03:17:33 AM
Only few airdrop with KYC are worth it, airdrops offering around 100$ is worth is in my own view because  there are even bounties this days that pays lesser than that so why not?
Activity: 172
April 18, 2019, 02:49:16 AM
It's doesn’t worth it all. Imagine doing kyc for 10$ worth of token that will later get dump. It is a waste of time and resources so I will advise those participating in it to stop doing so. Most projects don't even the intention to pay airdroppers, all what they want is to populate their social media with them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
April 17, 2019, 09:10:03 PM
airdrop to get $ 25, I have done it before. I was forced to do that because the bounty had not been paid, and also I saw that it was Airdrop registered on the market exchange, so I was sure I could immediately withdraw it.
Activity: 574
April 01, 2019, 11:31:36 PM
I think if this is indeed a policy that must be obeyed, I think we should do it. But if you don't want to, maybe you can look for another Airdrop and not use KYC. And I think there are still many and you must be smart in determining Airdrop.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
April 01, 2019, 11:25:29 PM
The issue of KYC always raises questions whose answers are mostly not very discerning to the ears. It is quite unfortunate, I know most crypto enthusiasts are not comfortable giving out their personal information for KYC but there is little we can do about the situation at the moment.  Most of these projects claim they are under a legal jurisdiction where KYC is very important for many business projects. The new trend is increasingly becoming worrisome as many airdrops are even requiring KYC verification from participants.

Just don't send it if you think the payment of airdrop is not worth for your KYC docs.
Airdrop should not asking for KYC to the participants because they don't give a significant amount of reward.
It should be free KYC and everyone can take a part into airdrop to build a huge supporters of the project.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
April 01, 2019, 07:47:53 PM
When i see the airdrop asking for kyc then i won't join because you are giving your identity to them just to get few tokens. What if they only do it to get information from people and later on sell it to anyone. I suggest not doing it because you are at risk just for a free token.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
April 01, 2019, 07:44:25 PM
Out of 100% i would say that project do tell about the truth that they are complying some legal stuff thats why they do ask KYC is only 10% and the rest 90% are total lies or alibis
that they do make just to accumulate investors or even bounty hunters personal informations.
I dont know whats the point why even airdrop hunters being required to comply such thing and come to think that they are just getting free tokens and it has nothing to do or correlated with it.
As a hunter you do have a choice on simply skipping nor ignoring these stuffs.

obviously they hate abusers  . we know that airdrops are also being popularly abused before when kyc is not yet invented  but now that most airdrops are requiring it , i can see that less and less users are now doing an airdrops  .  imo its okay to do a kyc on an airdrop if the reward is good and if the company that you are complying for is 100 percent legit  but my only problem is that i dont have the required id's for a kyc . this was the biggest fail of a kyc  .
Pages:
Jump to: