Pages:
Author

Topic: Akbash 1.0.12: Open Source cgminer watchdog (remote monitoring, emails, HTTP) - page 3. (Read 31070 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I'll be moving akbash away from cgminer/bfgminer APIs and poke ADL/driver directly to sense miner activity.  
Crashes will be detected through debug events in addition to polling and enumerating of processes.  
Little heads up: Poking ADL concurrently from two applications can and will lead to crashes.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I have a vbs script that calls CG-WD as a scheduled task at logon.

Set WinScriptHost = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WinScriptHost.Run Chr(34) & "C:\cgminer\cgminer-wdog\cgm-wdog.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WinScriptHost = Nothing

That hides the window. The cgminer.lnk also calls the same vbscript that hides the cgminer window.

So far working pretty good.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
This looks pretty neat. How about programming in hooks so it can be run/installed as a service?

dropped you a couple coins. thanks.
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
has anyone tried/tested this on XP?

Sigg
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
That feature did not work for me. And I don't need throttling, but disabling the thread.

Yeah, pretty much...

I've read the cgminer thread and ckolivas acknowledged there have been some problems with the implementation of the thermal control feature, namely the stopping and restarting the mining thread... I guess it will be fixed in a couple of next commits, though.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
This sound a bit like my temp monitor. I wrote it with cgminer's API in mind, killing the mining thread(process on failure) via the API should the GPU overheat. Saved me multiple times.

Doesn't cgminer throttle and shutdown the GPU on overheat itself?
That feature did not work for me. And I don't need throttling, but disabling the thread.

"Throttle and shutdown".

cgminer has 3 temp values.
target - temps above target throttles clock
overheat - temps above overheat drops clock to minimum defined (or stock if not defined) and puts fan at 100%.
shutdown - cgminer idles GPU thread (shows as "REST" or "OFF").
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
This sound a bit like my temp monitor. I wrote it with cgminer's API in mind, killing the mining thread(process on failure) via the API should the GPU overheat. Saved me multiple times.

Activity: 180
Awesome. I have 33 gpus across 12 rigs all running cgminer. Anubis makes keeping an eye on them much easier, but this will minimize my downtime for when I am sleeping and working. I'll test this out this weekend.

Running Armory using the cold storage feature makes getting rootkitted a mere annoyance Wink (not that I think there is any maliciousness here)
Activity: 186

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
I have uploaded a new version 1.0.0.1. Added some cosmetic changes...

Next version will have the following features:

- email notifications to be sent when triggers are met (enabled/disabled via config file)
  - integration of pool APIs into status page, showing balance BTC, stales, efficiency etc.
  - digital signature for the executable

nope

BD2A8BB3067E21CF5997B56CF7CB9534EBE39639
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Interesting but as indicated no source = too risky.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
Also, add recording of the various parameters to a database like mysql or sqlite etc. Then I can read this data back and display it in Anubis as graphs Smiley
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
This is an interesting development but unless it is open-source (or until you build up rep) you may have trouble instilling enough trust/confidence to get much uptake. 

Do you really expect someone to blindly run your program when, for all we know, it may be installing a rootkit, malware, a keylogger, deleting 'wallet.dat', or performing a 'format c:' operation?

I'm not suggesting this is the case, and I am sympathetic to your position, and I would love to try out your program, but this is the unfortunate reality of today's messed up world.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Pages:
Jump to: