Pages:
Author

Topic: ALERT! sgminerwindows.com Stealing Bitcoins! - page 2. (Read 13568 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Does anybody know if that sgminer install some malware on computer and will still steall money from wallets after you remove it from computer or that does just sgminer itself so I don't need to reinstall windows but only remove sgminer?
if it was me I would do a clean install of windows as these things trend to write to other directorys besides the sgminer or wallet one etc.    think of it as normal malware it can write it file in a number of different directory's   and it a pain in the ass to fully get rid of etc
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Does anybody know if that sgminer install some malware on computer and will still steall money from wallets after you remove it from computer or that does just sgminer itself so I don't need to reinstall windows but only remove sgminer?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Sorry guys, just saw messages someone sent me on IRC.

I've gone ahead and removed the download links from sgminerwindows right away.

Previously I compiled all versions myself and these were 100% clean i guarantee. But the last update was done away from my computer (on a family vacation) using pre-compiled binaries from minersforwindows.com because I was getting heaps of messages from people to update with the latest beta version.

Stupid move on my part it seems. That'll teach me for being lazy and not just installing what i needed to compile onto my laptop.

In the spirit of keeping the site going (in the right hands) If there is a known trustworthy person here that would like to take over the website from this point on, I will happily give you the website's files and push the domain to you free of charge (you will need a namesilo.com account).

It's already ranking #1 in google for many sgminer terms so I would rather not see the site go to waste. But I just do not have the time to keep it updated.

Also, if you don't believe me. Go and check out minersforwindows.com and scan their versions. They do many more versions that i never added to my site thankfully. They also do other mining software.

Sent you a PM, I'm willing to take this over.
Activity: 85
Damn scammers, they are everywhere I go  Angry

Yeah i fucked him up a little. Must have uploaded at least 10GB of binary 0's and 1's.

He got smart:

Disconnected from server
Connection failed.
No connections allowed from your IP

Hahahaha.
Activity: 113
Hey guys! sorry to hear what happened! this is ridiculous! It happened to me with another file I tried to download. The file file was the zipcoin-qt and it was designed to steal wallet.dat the exact way that this is...
Check out the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721306.260 it took a few of us who were scammed a while to convince everyone but I think they believe it now
Activity: 546
Merit: 510
Damn scammers, they are everywhere I go  Angry
Activity: 83
Sorry guys, just saw messages someone sent me on IRC.

I've gone ahead and removed the download links from sgminerwindows right away.

Previously I compiled all versions myself and these were 100% clean i guarantee. But the last update was done away from my computer (on a family vacation) using pre-compiled binaries from minersforwindows.com because I was getting heaps of messages from people to update with the latest beta version.

Stupid move on my part it seems. That'll teach me for being lazy and not just installing what i needed to compile onto my laptop.

In the spirit of keeping the site going (in the right hands) If there is a known trustworthy person here that would like to take over the website from this point on, I will happily give you the website's files and push the domain to you free of charge (you will need a namesilo.com account).

It's already ranking #1 in google for many sgminer terms so I would rather not see the site go to waste. But I just do not have the time to keep it updated.

Also, if you don't believe me. Go and check out minersforwindows.com and scan their versions. They do many more versions that i never added to my site thankfully. They also do other mining software.
Activity: 85
It sucks for anyone who got scammed with this. I will be uploading lots of dummy 100mb files to that server just for lolz.
Activity: 336
Activity: 336
Nice, Im in the chatroom posting this asking how come both vertsquads guide and coinhuntr's guide link directly to it but the chat rooms are dead
Hes in both chatrooms, feel free to send him messages,  I am
www.multipool.us
The guy who built these binaries is: http://www.reddit.com/user/LiteSaber

According to his post history he also runs VertSquad.com and CoinHuntr.com.

It's also possible the site could have been compromised by someone else who uploaded the trojaned binaries.
www.multipool.us
I've filed a report on Google's safe browsing site and I suggest more people do the same.

https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_badware/

The site is still the #1 hit on google for "sgminer windows".
www.multipool.us
Multipool has removed the link to this site as well.  Pretty sad that something that was originally legit is now being used to scam people.
Activity: 72
The scammer here has other versions of SGminer that contain the hidden script, I can point the code out there as well.
He is also the creator of Shire Coin, which is a scam because it uses the same code to steal coins if you
download the wallet.

good to know that. im scared since last incident that why i dont mine in your pool, well i will try to get some blackcoin for hoarding.
Activity: 106
The scammer here has other versions of SGminer that contain the hidden script, I can point the code out there as well.
He is also the creator of Shire Coin, which is a scam because it uses the same code to steal coins if you
download the wallet.
Activity: 106
Confirmed

We're gathering all the necessary information and evidence right now.
Suspect that the person compiling binaries for SGMiner (www.sgminerwindows.com) was trying to pull a fast one.

Interested to know what you gathered.

And BTW, what program are you using to reserve engineer the miners and get such a clean code?

The program I used is called IDA / hexrays
check it out,

I gathered a lot of stuff actually, I saved each step we did along the way..
Activity: 72
the problem is solved guys titled changed, the next time i will take more carefull, so sorry for all involved in this fact.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
Since this is NOT blackcoinpools fault, can we get OP to CHANGE the title of this thread please? I'm more than happy to reimburse if it wasnt done already.

i send you some messages without responde, i will change the title when i get my coins backs.
after all i was infected through blackcoinpool i hope you guys take the right decision reimburse my coins.

no offence but your line above looks like extortion.
you should change title and wait for their decision.  I don't think they are responsible for mess done on your side.

If it's down to money in don't trust anyone. beside they said you wasn't mining with them.

always encrypt wallet or use paper one as cold storage.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Are unencrypted wallets really that common? I thought it was common practice to encrypt everything.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
That is a really nice decomplier. Nice find, I warned the ADN thread.
Pages:
Jump to: