Pages:
Author

Topic: Alex jones calls Bitcoin a "Bubble" & "Globalist NWO" Creation - page 4. (Read 10590 times)

vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi
My bandwidth is much higher than you realize. You are only see a small fraction of my time involved.

Yes, you do seem to have quite a bit of time on your hands....
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
Alex Jones doesn't need to be personally corrupted, nor do his occasionally correct logic points need to false, in order for the amount of sheer volume of constant over stimulation of the dopamine receptors on the brain to cause the followers to stop using their pre-frontal cortex and basically become zombies and delusional. Ditto Bitcoiners.

http://unheresy.com/Information%20Is%20Alive.html#Existential_Fear

If you want to restore your rationality, turn off all the noise and focus. Focus for example reading those who continuously speak or write in logic. For example most of my November posts.

Yes, it is clear that your dopamine receptors are stimulated by ranting on this board and your November work (from what I've skimmed) is ample evidence of this.  I'm not saying that you are any different from most of the rest of us, but it would probably be healthy to take a break from it from time to time and/or explore other forms of expression.

My bandwidth is much higher than you realize. You are only see a small fraction of my time involved.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
Alex Jones doesn't need to be personally corrupted, nor do his occasionally correct logic points need to false, in order for the amount of sheer volume of constant over stimulation of the dopamine receptors on the brain to cause the followers to stop using their pre-frontal cortex and basically become zombies and delusional. Ditto Bitcoiners.

If you want to restore your rationality, turn off all the noise and focus. Focus for example reading those who continuously speak or write in logic. For example most of my November posts.

Yes, it is clear that your dopamine receptors are stimulated by ranting on this board and your November work (from what I've skimmed) is ample evidence of this.  I'm not saying that you are any different from most of the rest of us, but it would probably be healthy to take a break from it from time to time and/or explore other forms of expression.

Activity: 518
Merit: 521
Alex Jones doesn't need to be personally corrupted, nor do his occasionally correct logic points need to be false, in order for the amount of sheer volume of constant over stimulation of the dopamine receptors on the brain to cause the followers to stop using their pre-frontal cortex and basically become zombies and delusional. Ditto Bitcoiners.

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I like how people who try to appear even more whacked out of their minds accuse him of working for "the enemy". It's really some pandemonium of paranoia, everybody in the conspiracy scene accuses everybody else to be part of THEM. At the worst conspiracy theorists engage in self censorship and taboos, all in all its a toxic mixture of delusion and hypocrisy.

And the very worst part it's very much like Bitcoin.

Right on Brother!

Seriously who cares what an insane person like Alex Jones thinks, it's like arguing back in the 2004 election (Bush vs Kerry) which candidate Osama-Bin-Laden wanted to win so voters could vote for the OTHER guy (cause obviously the other guy would be better!).  You can not come to a correct conclusion by simply inverting the solution of a crazy person, that is not how logic works.  Crazy or stupids peoples opinions are not the opposite of correct they are just MEANINGLESS.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
Alex Jones was funnier when he was Bill Hicks. How's that for a conspiracy?

A grave insult to Bill Hicks.

But funny.... and Bill don't care no more.

+1

With all due respect to the legend, no insult intended Tongue
Activity: 182
Merit: 10

A grave insult to Bill Hicks.

But funny.... and Bill don't care no more.

+1
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
i watched the link earlier and alex jones is one hilarious motherfucker. i even feel guilty for finding him funny/entertaining.

he was accusing max keiser of being satoshi, and he kept insisting on it.. with no evidence or logic. he did it while sounding angry as fuck, which is so hilarious. all he does is point fingers at everyone but himself, claiming they are the antichrist.
Activity: 63
Hi, I'm Marty.
That jacka** is no libertarian. He is full on teabagger.
Nutbags like him run amok spouting wholly unbelievable crap and people listen.
He's right about the dumbing down of the US. They are his core audience.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
He walked a fine line, OP title is as FUD-ish as Jones himself.

The key thing he said, and he emphasised it, was that if the "globalists" didn't create Bitcoin, they will use it as a scapegoat for economic problems. Which will likely be the case, in fairness. I think it will be hard to make that particular brand of mud stick though, too many people from all over the world will know better, and too many will be seeing too much benefit from having access to sound money (I'm thinking Argentina, India, Zimbabawe, Iran etc).
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
AJ clearly said that he's affraid of BTC investment as it may collapse but sees the need for crypto. He's just a cautious nonbeliever, if btc prevails he may change his view.
Activity: 182
I thought that Max Kaiser was pumping BTC on Alex Jones's show, not too long ago...

If I remember correctly, the first time I heard of either of them, was when I came across AJ's interview of MaxK. on a youtube video linked from here somewhere. (There seem to be a few on youtube if you search.)
I think they both switched from BTC and are both invested in litecoin now.  (or they were, until litecoin hit their pump target.  Probably cashed out to something else now.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u88mc6L7ac
Activity: 87
I thought that Max Kaiser was pumping BTC on Alex Jones's show, not too long ago...

If I remember correctly, the first time I heard of either of them, was when I came across AJ's interview of MaxK. on a youtube video linked from here somewhere. (There seem to be a few on youtube if you search.)
I think they both switched from BTC and are both invested in litecoin now.  (or they were, until litecoin hit their pump target.  Probably cashed out to something else now.)
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Can you explain how being a super-paranoid conspiracy nut is very much like following a pre-defined and agreed-upon mathematical protocol? Because  Tongue

Maybe you mean it's typical of the type of people to be attracted to Bitcoin? Because... maybe? But bitcoin is just inert software running on series of tubes.

Not Bitcoin itself dummy Smiley
bitcointalk and /r/bitcoin

Things like hating on paypal/credit card companies/banks are the same fight against windmills as blaiming NWO/Illuminati/Bilderbergers/Zionists.
Ripple/Altcoins are a taboo with hardline Bitcoin supporters as certain theories are amongst other camps, for instance WTC space lasers vs nano thermite
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
I always kind of enjoyed and like Alex Jones, though I do believe that he is more on the clown end of the spectrum.  He throws shit at everything he sees and a surprising (though still small) percentage of it sticks.  But this is mostly because the world is a little more complex than 'normals' are comfortable believing...as Ed Snowden has helped some people understand...and not necessarily a result of Jone's great insight and analysis.

The Sandy Hook thing was interesting.  I think that Jones himself got uncomfortable blaming _everything_ on some conspiracy and tried to tow the mainstream line on it initially, but there really are some oddities and it has as good a chance of being a hoax as most of what Jones promotes as a conspiracy.

Bitcoin being some sort of 'NWO construct' or whatever is one of the many hypothesis I've entertained and evaluated since I got interested in it.  My conclusion is that this hypothesis really does not stand up well.

Similarly, I don't believe it likely that Jones is some sort of 'contelpro' guy, though it remains possible insofar as he is running some sort of a honeypot used to understand the individuals that could be problematic going forward and map their social graphs.  That well may be occurring, and probably is,  but it does not necessarily mean that Jones has any active role as a conspirator.  More that he's just a useful natural artifact.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
I've been wondering for a while whether or not we should come up with a formal response to the inevitable fire & brimstone evangelist argument that Bitcoin is the global currency of end times. Maybe it's not too late.

Of course, if we even argue against it, it could just fan the flames and lead more people taking the position that Bitcoin is some type of antichrist currency.

That's why we should diversify into Litecoins. Since they were invented by a Chinese guy, they can't be evil, the Chinese are mostly out of any religion.
Actually that would only fuel the fire.  One must know the mentality of the Christian.  If it originates in a "Godless" country, even more reason why the influences behind it are not "of God".

Now if Bitcoin was invented in the Bible Belt, down home USA, by a Fat white guy with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes, who goes to church and lives on a former slave plantation > converted master planned community, hates gay people and anyone who doesn't have to go in the sun to get tan, then Bitcoin would be safe for Christians.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

Can you explain how being a super-paranoid conspiracy nut is very much like following a pre-defined and agreed-upon mathematical protocol? Because  Tongue

Maybe you mean it's typical of the type of people to be attracted to Bitcoin? Because... maybe? But bitcoin is just inert software running on series of tubes.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
people are really whacked out. i sold something on ebay and the buyer once left an infowars.com link on my feedback. i think some people are just so bored out of their minds that they need to think up wild conspiracy theories, and alex jones caters to that. some people just listen to him because it's funny/interesting to see whacked out people, so it's a win/win for him.

i have to admit, i found this part really entertaining and funny http://youtu.be/6vDrimfbEOE?t=1m26s

I can't really stand raw unedited AJ bullshit anymore. I very much enjoy this guys compilations though:
http://www.youtube.com/user/vilemonkey?feature=watch
Activity: 84
and anyone who thinks bitcoin will replace fiat paper money is out of their minds.

No one knows. It will be a digital currency though. The fact that Bitcoin is allowed to exist at the prices its at is a sign that we are heading that direction.
Pages:
Jump to: