Pages:
Author

Topic: All altcoins without proof of work will be destroyed - page 2. (Read 346 times)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
I think in completely the other way round, i think proof of work model is not sustainable due to its massive global energy consumption and large carbon output which is a threat to global environment and ecosystem that is why technology will automatically shift away from pow and already several govts around the world are banning mining and discouraging this model.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
I do not believe that all POW coins are going to be destroyed. It does not make sense at all for me, besides among top 100 crypto currencies on CMC there are too much POW coins to be eliminated from the market.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
I'm still not sure if proof of stake is a sustainable system, I do believe proof of work does a much better job of setting a floor value for a coin.  Also proof of stake is more centralized since it just rewards the rich holders.
Activity: 896
Merit: 253
Not really, proof of work consensus are not really for scalability thats why many chains are switching to Proof of Stake for scalabiity just like what Ethereum did. And its not true that projects that are not Proof of Work mechanism will be destroyed. There are so many alternatives in the market and as the years passes by there will be new consensus to be created.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
I don't think it would be easily destroyed since there is no way to destroy a coin even the developer cannot do it! The blockchain for every coin will just run 24/7 nonstop!
Activity: 203
Merit: 14
POS and masternode are the most attractive alternative. Targeting to get a masternode is the goal for every investor into one attractive coin.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
the world is ruled by energy sellers, coins threatening coins with proof of work will be destroyed like this car https://youtu.be/Jivb7lupDNU

The higher the hashrate (kilowatt to be exact) - the better the coin, the technology does not matter

So the Proof of Stake big coin like DASH will be destroyed in the future ?
What are your opinion based on ? All coins without Proof of Work doesn't mean they have no place in the crypto sphere.
I don't think that gonna be happening, and more coins without proof of work will be created.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
the world is ruled by energy sellers, coins threatening coins with proof of work will be destroyed like this car https://youtu.be/Jivb7lupDNU

The higher the hashrate (kilowatt to be exact) - the better the coin, the technology does not matter
I dont think so, It's different thing. There are two options when the whole POW coin supply already mined. The first option is using Proof of Stake to validate the transactions. The second option is still using POW but the miner won't get coin from the block but from the fee of transactions. Then, coins without POW should not just die like that but it depends on the developer which method to use. Just like the car you mentioned, people just love other cars that's why that car is not really popular. Simple think.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
cars and house heating can work on water instead of fuel, but this technology is not allowed, so that large corporations do not go bankrupt. Therefore, technology has no value , it even unprofitable
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
actually technology is the only thing that matters! and using PoW or even having high hashrate doesn't matter at all. you can take a look at hundreds of shitcoins that are both using the PoW algorithm and have a high hashrate but they are still shitcoins and completely useless on the way to altcoin graveyard!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
I honestly think that there will be more viable consensus mechanisms other than POW that will be developed in the near future which is more effective and efficient. Even today's contemporary alt coins are shifting from POW to other hybrid algorithms with could even make the network more secure and with that, I don't think those coins without POW mechanism will be destroyed any time soon. Smiley 
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
This is not possible at all,POW coins are good no doubt and there are here to stay ,when difficulty gets higher newer tech will be made to make the difficulty rate running with ease but POS coins are just better because the don't require lots of energy to run which is my they will always be my favourite,the truth is its a matter of choice
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
that is just nonsense. nearly as nonsense as those who say proof of work is the worst thing and a waste of energy. you are both going too far with your statements.

the fact is that so far proof of work is the best algorithm with least amount of negative sides compared to other algorithms that have been designed but it is not the best thing that we can have. we still need to work on coming up with a better solution.
in any case one thing is certain, other coins with no PoW are not going to be "destroyed"!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
Well i don't think will happen, and i think there are some coins now on market with PoS and masternode and can have some value over time, but regarding the price i think the PoW will have higher price than PoS coins.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

Pages:
Jump to: