Pages:
Author

Topic: ALL crypto coins are "worthless" right now. Here is why. - page 4. (Read 618 times)

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
the word you are looking for is "cheap" not worthless. and it is wrong. i say with absolute confidence that 95% of the altcoins are indeed worthless and should die in the coming year and most probably be replaced by other useless shitcoins.

as for your bitcoin analogy even if it is true and bitcoin rises to the "moon" it still has nothing to do with altcoins!!!

I do agree, it should be cheap or extremely cheap price now as compare to where we are going. The reason why people are not saving up and stockpiling these coins is because the fundamentals of some of these coins are changing and not all of them are going to make it, so you need to keep updating your portfolio to the current reality, imagine holding on to Primecoin since and what the price worth now
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
As for altcoins, some of them are being used by banks like XRP

you are confusing Ripple with XRP.
the former is the technology that banks are looking into because they are interested in their own centralized and closed source version of the blockchain technology the easy way where they can fully control it.
the later is a centralized token that is using the Ripple technology that nobody uses apart from pump and dumpers.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
By the time bitcoin reached 100K price, those worthless altcoins will be long gone. That is why you don't invest in them.

And in your analogy, you have to wait for bitcoin to get x20,000 before those worthless coin gain value. Since you have the money, why not just pour it on bitcoin?
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
It will be too soon to see all altcoins dead in the years to come and more over what makes you think that bitcoin is better? After using few altcoins for transactions speed they are way better and faster than Btc
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
Minter
Many ICOs that entered the market at the end of 2017 have already lost everything and have been thrown out of the market. Because the projects were obviously not working and not needed by the world. People invested money in them because it was possible to get profits because in 2017 everything that entered the market grew. Out of 100 ICO, only 1 will remain.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Actually there are a lot of deadcoins right now.

https://deadcoins.com/

So obviously, they are all worthless. But I disagree that ALL coins have nothing to offer. Bitcoin for one is being used as investment, or even mode of payment. As for altcoins, some of them are being used by banks like XRP others as privacy coin like Monero and then there is ETH.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Well established altcoin aren't worthless, you can call most newly created tokens worthless as they haven't established themselves but Altcoin like Litecoin, Ethereum, dash, grin etc just to mention a few aren't worthless as bitcoin needs them to survive. The cryptocurrency market needs but Altcoin and bitcoin to achieve global adoption and hopefully achieve the price you suggested in OP. Altcoin aren't worthless instead they're cheap.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
Future doesn't mean a high price. It's true that cryptocurrency are the future. But they would be for new ones. There is no sense of bitcoin rising to one cent for satoshi. Even if it did, than no one would be using it and it would be nearly impossible to mine which on the other hand would restrict the use. The future would be of large highly scalable zero or low fees coins.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
If it is now worthless it can someday become a valuable coin. I remember that in 2017 when the price of Bitcoin soared, all Altcoin had very good selling prices. I compare with 2017 that I'm sure if the market price can return to pumping, I think all coins can be valuable.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
the word you are looking for is "cheap" not worthless. and it is wrong. i say with absolute confidence that 95% of the altcoins are indeed worthless and should die in the coming year and most probably be replaced by other useless shitcoins.

as for your bitcoin analogy even if it is true and bitcoin rises to the "moon" it still has nothing to do with altcoins!!!
Activity: 445
Merit: 251
pHp DeV
Quite simply put, all coins are worthless right now if crypto is the future of money.  I was looking at the charts and if bitcoin were to rise to $100,000,000 (1 penny per satoshi) at ANY point, that is 20,000x the current price.  

In other words, every penny you invest now turns into at least $200 at that point (even if your altcoin is only worth 1 satoshi/coin).  Seems like they are worthless right now compared to what they could be.

The idea is that if you believe altcoins will be world money, why wouldn't you save up as much as you can?
Pages:
Jump to: