Pages:
Author

Topic: all finished - page 3. (Read 43427 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
December 03, 2013, 04:44:38 PM
if you have a openWRT capable router with a USB port, its mostly a problem of setting up teaming.

3g/4G was cellular i thought? as far as that goes, t-mobile has a nice pay as you go, $30/mo for 2.5 GB. you just need a GSM compatible hotspot.

Thats pretty much what I'm looking at. The Miners are all hooked to a switch so I need to get a device/adapter that pushes out ethernet as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3AR18P7192. I don't know if this is what you would be looking for, but it might be able to fit the bill.

im not sure how an ethernet/wifi bridge helps here?
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
December 03, 2013, 04:41:43 PM
3g/4G was cellular i thought? as far as that goes, t-mobile has a nice pay as you go, $30/mo for 2.5 GB. you just need a GSM compatible hotspot.

Thats pretty much what I'm looking at. The Miners are all hooked to a switch so I need to get a device/adapter that pushes out ethernet as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3AR18P7192. I don't know if this is what you would be looking for, but it might be able to fit the bill.
December 03, 2013, 04:37:15 PM
December 03, 2013, 04:30:01 PM
Hey all,

Internet will be back up by this evening.

I'm working from a friends office today- brought the PC w wallet so I will do payouts within the next couple of hours.

I'm def open to the idea of adding a 3rd ISP - Satellite wifi. We can discuss options for that or if anyone knows reputable companies please share.

Ok, off to doing payouts.

Aren't satellite internet options expensive? I feel it would be better to get a cheap 3G/4G wireless plan that comes with a hotspot and run things off of that.
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
COINMIXER.NET
December 03, 2013, 03:57:21 PM
Checkout freedompop, they have a free 500mb wireless hotspot. Not sure exactly how it works but seems legit...
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
December 03, 2013, 12:59:43 PM
Is there any issue today with the miners, a problem with the stats server, or have the miners switched to another pool due to stability issues?  I would check the live feed, but it looks like you may have disabled it?

Yes, there was a power outage on my street and we haven't been up since yesterday. Powers back but internet on both companies aren't. I'm working with Time Warner and AT&T and seeing when internet will be restored. I'll have payouts as soon as that is up.

Sorry about the downtime.  Sad

You should look into using your smartphone as a WiFi hotspot.  Smiley

not everyone has an unlimited data plan, or a smartphone.

With the amount of capital invested in mining hardware and power infrastructure a Wifi Hotspot device would not be a bad idea as a backup.  You could run the miners on a temporary basis should the power go out with a Verizon Jetpack device or similar for another carrier.  Downtime is VERY costly.  Have you considered changing your strategy for hosting the miners? 

I know when you originally started this project you probably did not intend on hosting as many as you will have come Springtime.  I bet you could find a hosting provider that would be more profitable for you (especially considering the cost of power at your locations) and shareholders while having better power capabilities and redundancy. 

There are routers out there that support a 3G connection as a backup if the main line goes down.  My company has a Cisco with that capability at a remote office. Only uses 3G if main connection goes down. Zyxel also makes a similar router I believe.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
December 03, 2013, 09:05:11 AM
Is there any issue today with the miners, a problem with the stats server, or have the miners switched to another pool due to stability issues?  I would check the live feed, but it looks like you may have disabled it?

Yes, there was a power outage on my street and we haven't been up since yesterday. Powers back but internet on both companies aren't. I'm working with Time Warner and AT&T and seeing when internet will be restored. I'll have payouts as soon as that is up.

With the amount of capital invested in mining hardware and power infrastructure a Wifi Hotspot device would not be a bad idea as a backup.  You could run the miners on a temporary basis should the power go out with a Verizon Jetpack device or similar for another carrier.  Downtime is VERY costly.  Have you considered changing your strategy for hosting the miners? 

I know when you originally started this project you probably did not intend on hosting as many as you will have come Springtime.  I bet you could find a hosting provider that would be more profitable for you (especially considering the cost of power at your locations) and shareholders while having better power capabilities and redundancy. 
December 03, 2013, 03:04:26 AM

December 02, 2013, 06:26:15 PM

December 02, 2013, 09:57:59 AM
November 27, 2013, 03:14:13 PM
Are the miners still online?  It looks like the Stat page hashrate is Zero for all miners.
legendary
Activity: 1022
November 19, 2013, 03:52:13 AM

They were! Since I changed to a "flat fee" for electricity and as long as the USD rate goes up all of your dividends will remain higher than assumed Wink

Received my dividend this week and its higher compare to last week, thank you!
Btw, you sent it with no fee, fyi.
November 18, 2013, 06:17:41 PM
Pretty sure this week's div was higher than last weeks, either way I'm happy!  Grin Now if only HashFast could get their act together...

They were! Since I changed to a "flat fee" for electricity and as long as the USD rate goes up all of your dividends will remain higher than assumed Wink

With that being said- all dividends for today have been paid! Sorry it took so long, I've been watching: http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/

Everyone should be watching that link above! Cheers all!

Honestly I'm expecting the price to undergo a correction, but BTC is BTC! Either way I think the exchange rate is going to be higher than everybody assumed. It's kind of nuts looking at the transaction on Blockchain and seeing that .16BTC is around $100.
November 18, 2013, 06:10:44 PM
Pretty sure this week's div was higher than last weeks, either way I'm happy!  Grin Now if only HashFast could get their act together...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."
November 18, 2013, 02:06:58 PM
Just popping in to see how things are going in the Server Room.  Cool

How about that $600+  ?
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
November 13, 2013, 09:22:15 AM
Finally each share of KnC how many GH has (aprox)?

I am doing the calculations of the produced coins per GH and for the results looks like each share has 4 GH, I was believing each share originally was 5 GH but if the KnC is producing 550 GH we should have over 6.82 GH per share.

I am not saying nothing bad about the Waldohoover, just trying to figure why if we have 550 GH why is not getting mining results according to that mining power.

I got 0.03429643 BTC (1 week) for 1 share of the KnCminer #5 Average speed 546.47 Gh/s. with that power we should be generating 0.5379 per day. in the stats I saw just yesterday we did 0.59 and the days before between 0.19 and 0.49 but the average is like 30% under the optimal mining results.

May be I am doing something wrong, may be is a problem with the pool, or the hardware really is under performing.

All the best

TMC

legendary
Activity: 1022
November 11, 2013, 09:24:45 PM
If you have direct shares and pending withdrawals using only 1 btc address, you don't know who sent you the bitcoin. Now I know who did today. Thanks Smiley
Activity: 8
November 11, 2013, 07:46:55 PM
So apparently KnC is coming out with upgrade modules tomorrow...thoughts?

Also interested in the upgrade modules, how much hashing would they add to a miner?
Activity: 5
November 11, 2013, 07:03:22 PM
Payment just arrived for me as well.  Nice. 

Now, Waldo, any group buys still open?  I thought I saw something about Hashfast and 0.8btc.  I've got 0.85btc burning a hole in my pocket and I'm interested in joining another of your buys.
legendary
Activity: 1148
November 11, 2013, 06:51:34 PM
Just fill it in and mark it trusted if you feel you can trust me.
My payment is in. Thanks, and done!
Pages:
Jump to: