Pages:
Author

Topic: almost free electricity ($0.0223 per KWh) ALMOST FREE! - page 2. (Read 12626 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Will be in Co. by next year. Might take you up on the offer!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Miners, Computer Programmers and Weed Smokers are all the same community.

Not true, I am a miner and former programmer and have never smoked weed (or anything for that matter). I support the right to decide for yourself, but the promotion of illegal activities does not help Bitcoin's image.

seriously weed isnt illegal in CO no more i can vouch for this we smoked in front of the cops a few months back! Wink~besides weed/hemp aint even a drug!!;-)weeeeee
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
I wish you could too, unfortunately arcane securities regulations written in the early 1900's prevent me from asking you to invest.  These same arcane laws also prevent me from telling the world that we are looking for investors, so I will be sure to not do that. 

As a completely non-related idea I am anxiously awaiting the new crowdsource funding regulations that President Obama signed into law last year (april 2012).  In short the new law allows me to ask anyone and everyone to invest.  But it is illegal to do so at this time as I am not a securities broker in any state or country and I am not offering any investment opportunity or a security of any kind.  (got that regulators?)
* Viceroy grumbles and walks away twiddling thumbs

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
This is excellent!  Grin

Im sure the demand will be overwhelming for this type of thing and its very innovative. Soon more states in the US will follow suit and in time these laws will spread to Europe and beyond, wish you the best of luck! Only wish i could invest someway or another!  Cool Smiley
My favorite herb Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Troll of the Fourth Reich.
i have to say it... cannabis
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Are you certain there isn't a delivery charge on top of demand and usage charges? That's how all my power bills have worked. The rate per kwh out the door is the sum of usage, demand, and delivery charges, and typically delivery dwarfs the other two.

yea, I was schooled in this if you read back in the thread.  The original title for the thread was "get electricty for $0.01 per kwh".  So yes, the distribution is HUGE and included.  Sort of like your avatar.

I read it, but I have always encountered electric rates as a combination of three rates; usage (base rate per kwh), demand (increase in rates based on time-of-day usage), and delivery (applies to all usage). Beyond this, there are taxes. If you are getting $0.0223/kwh out the door, that is phenomenally cheap. Just make sure that is your actual rate out the door.

On a side note, I hope your equipment is well insured. Some fucktard is burning that place down within the year. Growing dope well involves a lot of power, a lot of water, and a nice mix of propane burners.
Are you certain there isn't a delivery charge on top of demand and usage charges? That's how all my power bills have worked. The rate per kwh out the door is the sum of usage, demand, and delivery charges, and typically delivery dwarfs the other two.

yea, I was schooled in this if you read back in the thread.  The original title for the thread was "get electricty for $0.01 per kwh".  So yes, the distribution is HUGE and included.  Sort of like your avatar.

Activity: 448
Activity: 65
also interested.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
interested.
Icy
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I would definitely be interested in this around Oct-Nov. Going to be watching for further updates. Thanks Viceroy.
Activity: 602
Industrial rates in Denver are half a penny if you consume 25,000 watts at all times.  The electric company burns alot of coal.

Terrible policy, subsidizing excessive power use. Admittedly in this case, we all like it, but it is still a horrible policy in general.

In other news, that is pretty sweet concept, I'm not sure that I will have a use for it in September, but if I am able to still be involved in mining come that time, I would definitely be attracted to that project (Colorado is not that far from Cali relatively speaking, and our power prices are like 15x higher).

And I don't really care about the other stuff, as long as some potheads don't think it's funny one night to go blowing smoke into my unit and a buncha water fries my stuff.
Activity: 282
thanks for sharing Viceroy.
gonna keep an eye on this thread.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
I am glad I helped prevent you from selling power below price  Smiley
Bad news, the rates just doubled!

Code:
I am sorry to bring you the bad news, but you
are mis-reading their rates.

Commercial and industrial electric rates are typically
broken up in two parts: an energy charge ($ per kWh),
plus a demand charge ($ per kW, which is usually the
15-min interval in the month during which the consumption
was the highest).

As I understand it Xcel uses your highest spike per 12 months

Code:
The schedule SG energy charge is only $0.00473 per kWh.
However the demand charge is the most significant: $4.84 per kW
(distribution demand) plus $10.96/$8.00 per kW (generation and
transmission for summer/winter) per kW.

So if your consumption is a constant 1 kW during a winter month
(730 hours/month, so 730 kWh total), the energy charge would be
730 * 0.00473 = $3.45, while the demand charge would be
4.84 + 8.00 = $12.84. The total monthly bill would be the sum of
these two: 3.45 + 12.84 = $16.29. Since you consumed a total of
730 kWh, this is equivalent to an overall cost of 16.29/730 =
$0.0223 per kWh, which is far from the $0.004 per kWh you claim.

-mrb

I cannot disagree with your analysis.  It is exactly the same as I
learned from an energy consulting engineer yesterday evening.
So the bad news is, rates just doubled.  

Of course it's still amazingly low at just $0.0223 / KwH
Activity: 697
I'd be interested in using such a facility potentially year-round if the power costs are as low as you are indicating. Let me know when you get something up and running.
I'd want more than 2000 watts in that room for my miners.  Make it 12kW and you're talking.

Are there provisions for heat exhaust and fresh air intake?

Is there fire protection?  Insurance?

yea, the building will meet code.  fire suppression is required but that means sprinklers.  could do 12kw, not a problem.  building will have typical commercial building insurance.  renters can get renters insurance I'm sure.  building is designed to handle marijuana grows so the heat and air movement problem is largely the same.  the building would have a chiller and the heat from all the occupants would be used to make steam to run the chiller compressor.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I'd want more than 2000 watts in that room for my miners.  Make it 14.4kW and you're talking.

Are there provisions for heat exhaust and fresh air intake?

Is there fire protection?  Insurance?  Good internets?  Physical security?
Activity: 73
Color me interested.  Can you PM the details of the possible space for mining?
Pages:
Jump to: