Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 5. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I got 100% back, but I did it thru credit card when they missed their first deadline and were acting shady and changed the terms.  Been 2 years.

No updates since January 2016.  They aren't going to deliver.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
there are those who have returned 100% of the money?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
I did my best proofing it was a scam from day one... posting pictures from there shop (they where horrible).

Still people pre-ordered, i guess rich people blind my greed.

lmao!!
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
I did my best proofing it was a scam from day one... posting pictures from there shop (they where horrible).

Still people pre-ordered, i guess rich people blind my greed.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
The laws in the UK are not as friendly toward consumers as they are in the US...they seem to protect the business before the consumer. That's been my experience, pursuing satisfaction through lawyers there on this issue. I'm quite confident there IS no Alpha Technology anymore, though. They appear to have given up even maintaining the illusion that anything is happening. I follow this thread just in case there's any news, but there hasn't been anything since like January.

People who sued kncminer in Sweden found this out as well. Seems after KNC took peoples pre-order cash and filled up their data hall for 4 months with Neptunes  and then
started shipping..well..the results for Neptune users was terrible. They may have gotten another 4-5 months of some use with the BTC difficulty pump at that time but probably
only got 1/4 of their money back before they went doorstops. KNC Titan (scrypt) miners also late and shoddy built. I think 100 folk sued them. In Sweden only those 100
could ever be compensated and also if you lost you paid the damages of KNC and law firm fees and penalty.

KNC kept saying in the class action all they had to do (after the fact of this not being mentioned while they were selling them to everyone) is just SAY ..the company that is..

JUST say 'all our customers are a business'. Because Swedish law has this loophole to get around strict EU consumer protection ....they won and the folk in the lawsuit

paid 1,500 per titan to the lawyers up front and about 5k to knc after the fact in penatlies.

And I thought USA consumer protection sucked.

I bring this up because for all I know under UK law this is more or less the same. Although it seems NO ACTION is the rule for UK law with Alpha Tech.

Live and learn I guess. Damn lucky I got a refund thru Amex but again that is because they lied to Amex and on the form said I paid in full for a product that
did not exist. When my docs to Amex proved it was 1/3 down. A pissed off Amex fraud rep is a handy thing to have at that point let me tell you.

anyway they are gone to the wind....likely back to India proper if I had to guess...in that 'they said' that was where the alpha units were being made

It seems a common  worldwide problem. Live an learn. Glad I passed on the knc lawsuit thou.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Well I hope you're able to recover something.  This does not appear to have started as a scam, but it sure ended up with the same result.
Activity: 205
The laws in the UK are not as friendly toward consumers as they are in the US...they seem to protect the business before the consumer. That's been my experience, pursuing satisfaction through lawyers there on this issue. I'm quite confident there IS no Alpha Technology anymore, though. They appear to have given up even maintaining the illusion that anything is happening. I follow this thread just in case there's any news, but there hasn't been anything since like January.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
I ordered one of these but did not feel too good about it.  Ended up requesting a refund about 2 weeks later.  I am shocked this is still going on. 
That's probably a poor description.  I am confident nothing is going on in their lab.  More surprised Johnny Law has not been called into it.
Problem is for those of us who paid in full. We had no choice, most of us, but to pay using Bitcoin...and now we are screwed. And not a few hundred dollars screwed, some of us. Tens of thousands of dollars screwed, in some cases.
copper member
Clueless!
Not waiting. I gave up on these guys delivering about six months after they missed their deadline. At this point, I'm just waiting for news of their demise.
I'm in too deep to give up...been playing Bon Jovi on loop since May 2014 https://g.co/kgs/7sJPB0

I got a refund from amex and paypal after being refused by both 1x. I tried again thru Amex and asked to see the paperwork they used
to say they did not have to pay me. I pointed out to amex that I did NOT pay in full as the invoice implied for the miner (what was it
20% down or some such) (i got the smaller miner) and so wth?

Amex was NOT PLEASED they were lied too. This was probably 3 months after PayPal 45 day deadline ran out.

Amex managed to seize some funds and get my (I think) 680 or some such bucks back.

It may be late but PERHAPS if you did something similar with a credit card company and they still have that info they sent to you
with the same PAID IN FULL b/s. You could have a shot.

long odds but hey if nothing else if you went thru credit card you can at least get a copy of how they lied to stiff you

We will probably find out some day in the future they got a mess of half-assed boards to work and have been mining scrypt the last year with it
this is possible in that I can't figure out how they can physically still be in buiness in the UK unless they are showing the law enforcement
something in the way of razzle dazzle.

anyway how it worked cc wise at my end for future reference on this or other disputes with a cc company on stuff ..something to keep in mind
to ask about imho
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Not waiting. I gave up on these guys delivering about six months after they missed their deadline. At this point, I'm just waiting for news of their demise.
I'm in too deep to give up...been playing Bon Jovi on loop since May 2014 https://g.co/kgs/7sJPB0
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
This has been dead for like 2 years. It amazes me you all still have something to discuss. Lock thread anyone?
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
At this point, if they dont announce a shipping product, they have no leg to stand on legally. The only reason tbis company has not been wound up yet is the claim that they still plan to release a product. If they cannot do that, they are history. So they are now probably at the "ignore it and maybe people will just forget about it" stage. Delusional bastards.

YOu lot are for even waiting this long lol

All of the miner companies went scam, Surprise surprise! You got cilla in your eyes!
At this point, if they dont announce a shipping product, they have no leg to stand on legally. The only reason tbis company has not been wound up yet is the claim that they still plan to release a product. If they cannot do that, they are history. So they are now probably at the "ignore it and maybe people will just forget about it" stage. Delusional bastards.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Litecoin is coming to Mt.Gox i heard
Activity: 227
No news 7 months, there is news to return anyone?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
This was supposed to ship what...two years ago, now? These guys are criminals (or this guy, I should say, because I doubt he has anyone left in his company aside from himself).
May 2014 they claimed

Living the life in the commonwealth I'd imagine....back in India....(hey it is what Craig Wright the 'supposed' Satoshi is doing now escaping Australian Tax Authorities....)

Must be nice to have the bucks to keep 3 letter agencies at bay..jurisdiction wise etc etc (grease a few palms in India or in Wright's case England...and 'viola' off the hook Smiley

a viola is a musical instrument.

im pretty sure i've already told you this.

but then you're not one for listening much.

sound of your own voice syndrome.

blah blah blah blah me me me
copper member
Clueless!
This was supposed to ship what...two years ago, now? These guys are criminals (or this guy, I should say, because I doubt he has anyone left in his company aside from himself).
May 2014 they claimed

Living the life in the commonwealth I'd imagine....back in India....(hey it is what Craig Wright the 'supposed' Satoshi is doing now escaping Australian Tax Authorities....)

Must be nice to have the bucks to keep 3 letter agencies at bay..jurisdiction wise etc etc (grease a few palms in India or in Wright's case England...and 'viola' off the hook Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: