Pages:
Author

Topic: Alt Coin Crash This Weekend?(July 28-July 31) - page 3. (Read 1872 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
bitcoin is father of altcoins. if bitcoin crash, altcoins will crash too.
looks like this weekend those will up with bitcoin.

I can see a weekend with a crazy spike in BTC and alt coin go up as well but not as much. but the move than is still the same.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
bitcoin is father of altcoins. if bitcoin crash, altcoins will crash too.
looks like this weekend those will up with bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Nope. I don't think we'll see a crash. I think we'll see a non-event followed by a rush for both alts and btc.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
I think we better hold on a little longer for our bitcoins.  We might not know the trend for now is so high and so exciting. Smiley
. Why should we risk our precious bitcoin for free BCC coin. We will atleast have the option to buy the leading bitcoin after the fork if we have altcoin.

I guess you meant to say Why should we risk our precious Alt coins. or are bitcoins @ risk during this fork?

and the answer I would give to why risk it is I can buy more of my fav Alt coin with bitcoin cash. Lets say BTC Price 2700 and the free BCC  ends of at 300. my gains end up around 11%. My fav alt coins would have to go up higher than 11% for me to lose out.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
I dont think altcoin will crash during the fork period. Altcoins crashes when people sell their altcoins. After the fork there are chances that bitcoin's price will go down for sometime and during that people will actually buy altcoins than dumping them. So the probability is altcoin's price will increase. So the best time to buy altcoins is before the fork. Buying altcoins before the fork will atleast give the assurance of no loss as it will rise up at some point of time. Why should we risk our precious bitcoin for free BCC coin. We will atleast have the option to buy the leading bitcoin after the fork if we have altcoin.
I'm not worried...just trying to figure out the best play over the next 4 days.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I wouldn't mind some crash - it can be a great opportunity to multiply your altcoins and sell them later once all the drama is over.
I'm I wrong to expect most Alt Coin to crash this weekend?

Why wouldn't traders move out of most Alt coins and move into Bitcoin? Especially on exchanges like bittrex that will give you 1:1 Bitcoin Cash.

Won't most traders try and pick up these free coins? currently futures of Bitcoin Cash(BCC) are @ $200?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/

The only reason I can think of is the uncertainty. If  Bitcoin Cash(BCC) can get close to 50% of the hashrate it would create uncertain to which coin would be the official Bitcoin.But this uncertainty should produce a Bitcoin to dip and I have never seen a big bitcoin dip without taking the majority of alt coins down with it. . and If this battle for bitcoin happens don't you want to be holding both coins to hedge your bets.

Is there any real threat that both coins(BTC and BCC) are worthless after fork?

So either you think bitcoin and alt coin will crash(because of the uncertainty) and therefore you should be in fiat before August 1st

or

You want as much Bitcoin Cash as possible.

Seems to me the Alt Coins will lose out either way this weekend + monday.
Pages:
Jump to: