Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoin Bagholders Support Group - page 2. (Read 3117 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
July 31, 2014, 12:03:34 AM
LOL. I got stuck with almost 100,000 Hawaiicoins when it suddenly disappeared off Bittrex with no warning.

Its weird. I am holding a dozen bags ranging anywhere from $2 - $60 in value each, and I know they are bags, and I watch them go down a little bit almost every day -- all signs point that I should dump them, yet for the most part I can't bring myself to do it.

Initially my plan was to collect and hold coins I thought had a chance at making it in the long-term, and if all else fails I can use them as a rarity or a collectable someday. Except unlike gold or pogs these things can break down and never be fixed.

Here's coins I like that I can't bring myself to dump yet because I am still holding on to irrational hope that they will see renewed interest:

AC
CINNI
DOGE
EMC2
MRY
POT
UNO

Here's coins that I think are truly innovative but have been kicked in the shins too much recently so I scaled back my holdings (wouldn't call them "bags" just yet):

BC
DRK
LTC
MYR
NXT

Here's the two coins that actually went UP in the last month or two:

NMC
XCP

Here's a pile of shit that I can't explain why I still carry around:

NAUT
RZR
VRC

Now I have my Target list, this is just for starters, you little TROLLING CUNT.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
July 25, 2014, 03:38:03 PM
i could maybe offer workshops later how to succefully create a shitcoin and rip people off and run away when i have enough experience. Wouldn't that be something? I am sure there would be demand. Why are we even buying coins? If you are a shitcoin-dev with art least 50 coins experience get in contact with me to teach me those skills. Thank you.

LOL, you're right and this is a shitfest. And the funniest thing about it is all the devs and superbags are trying to pretend its not. Except for the people honest enough to post in this thread.

Every once and a while I read something about a new coin that re-excites my brainhole the way bitcoin did when I first thought I fully understood it.

But the amount of crap you have to sift through to get there is staggering.

So long as the same core group of nerds (myself included) keep buying the new coins, every single other coin will continue to go down, down, down. There's not enough new people coming into this scene to support the coinsplosion.
Activity: 602
July 25, 2014, 03:18:03 PM
i could maybe offer workshops later how to succefully create a shitcoin and rip people off and run away when i have enough experience. Wouldn't that be something? I am sure there would be demand. Why are we even buying coins? If you are a shitcoin-dev with art least 50 coins experience get in contact with me to teach me those skills. Thank you.
Activity: 602
July 25, 2014, 03:11:15 PM
ecc - a lot. i thought it would be ok, then the dev ran away
ebt - some i thought maybe is something but then they dumped on me and i have no idea what's going on with that coin - maybe the dev ran away
bcc - i thought could be taking off but turned out the dev ran away
particle - some i thought good coin but then the dev ran away
mrc - some, dev maybe ran away but somehow low interest in the coin
cinni - some, dev possibly ran away
muniti - quite a few - i thought it would be cool invetement but then guess what? The dev ran away.
corgicoin - a lot. I thought it would rise again. Everybody thought the dev ran away when in reality he just was scared of trolls and refused to use btctalk (he told me on twitter) so the coin died

my conclusion: this is a shitfest and the only way to make money around here is to rip people off. I was thinking about getting some skills and launching some fake coins (maybe 10 or 20 or maybe 100) and run away with the money. Please help.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2014, 02:46:30 PM
seem like anyone who bought Blackcoin @ ATH is feeling the pain right now.

Also seems like CINNI turned a ton of investors into bagholders aswell. I avoided CINNI because it was ninja launched over a long weekend and it only had a 3 day PoW period.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
@bleeprepeat
July 25, 2014, 09:03:33 AM
i never recovered from my blackcoin blunder, i had stayed away from trading but still kept an eye on the news, i noticed that BC and DRK were looking good but only bought a small amount. Then BC started to rocket and i thought 'damn, i shoulda got more a dat sheet' so i put a whole freakin' BTC on BC at the top thinking it was gonna keep going, or at least hold a value...nope, after a month of hodl and missing out on DRK pump i sold and bought more shitcoins, which also tanked..
now i have like 0.01btc left but i am starting make gains recently from learning so many lessons. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 924
July 25, 2014, 08:43:19 AM
0.5 BTC's worth of JuggaloCoin in my case, which I bought during its IPCO. I was skeptical, believing that the Juggalos would scoff at it, but I got charmed and I threw in my BTC. Turns out, JuggaloCoin was "scoffed off" in pretty much the manner I had anticipated.

But I have to give credit to the dev. Before he gave up on it, he really did try. Also, I salvaged a lesson from the loss of three hundred bucks: these days, it's hard to build a coin by building up a real user community in that somewhat strange outside world. Wink Not unlike starting a new business...
legendary
Activity: 1008
July 25, 2014, 05:33:06 AM
I have got way too many bags to even have the heart to post it here. I have stopped mining and investing, only relying on signature campaigns to generate extra money.

I have decide to keep my bugs for all eternity if they don't recover.
legendary
Activity: 1260
July 25, 2014, 05:15:46 AM
The one coin I am currently bagholding now is Shieldcoin (SHLD). I quickly glanced the thread and thought that the tech presented looked good.

My name is tokyoghetto and I am a Shieldcoin Bagholder.

You have too much experience trading to buy retarded stuff like that.  All it takes is me looking at the spec sheet for all of 1 second to see where it says "3 days of mining".  Any coin with a mining period that small is going to be completely worthless due to no market penetration whatsoever and all coins held by 5 people. 

Even 7 days mining is worthless.  Blackcoin was only an exception due to being at the right place at the right time.  XC got away with it due to having a promising developer.  After that point, unless Richard Feynman is making the coin, there's zero reason to get involved in any flash mining coins like that.

When there's no doubt at all that the coin is designed from the ground up specifically to be a scam, why do people buy it?

Activity: 728
cryptoshark
July 25, 2014, 03:52:20 AM
i got still some bags

15m ctm
300k mintcoin

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 25, 2014, 02:45:56 AM
sell always at the first pump, usually is the big one

That's what I did with darkcoin, bought at 0.003 and sold at 0.0055

And then it went over 0.02 LOL

there are some exceptions , but usually with small altcoin it work in that way
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
July 25, 2014, 01:40:59 AM
Anyone holding Flappy? oh god lol  Lips sealed

Yup! Lost 1 BTC on Flappycoin.

But I made up with it with mining Talkcoin at the start and selling at 8k sat. Still holding a few though, actually an innovative coin so might have some future.
legendary
Activity: 854
July 25, 2014, 01:09:35 AM
I've never been a big investor in any single alt, but I took some lumps on FLAP, LTC, FRK and MINT.
FRK burned me bad too.
EarthCoin was a  bummer for me too , it went from 200 Sats to 2
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Calling out scams, one HYIP at a time...
July 24, 2014, 11:56:07 PM
I've never been a big investor in any single alt, but I took some lumps on FLAP, LTC, FRK and MINT.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
July 24, 2014, 11:37:56 PM
Datacoin was my biggest loss...invest about 3BTC in it and held out until recently and got about .5BTC back. Good innovation and coin but dev. just abandoned project out of nowhere. Taught me to never hold on any coin. Although I am holding in 2 other coins because I believe in them but besides that just buy and sell. Darkcoin, Vertcoin, Doge gave me much money.
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
July 24, 2014, 09:29:46 PM
VTC Devs just announce new algo implementation, so hold your coins and there may yet be another pump.

https://vertcoin.org/pow-algorithm-upgrade-lyra2/

Will it rise 20 times? If not then its useless to me. Still can not believe I got sucked into this.
Last time they did something it barely moved; its a dead coin.

Plus I read the link, the new aglo is planned to be switched to in, November....thats 4 months away....in the previous 2 months vert coins price dropped 200%...... God I don't even want to see its price by that time....

I do not have any hope on it. I am hoping FTC and XPM, by being both listed on Btc-e will get pumped and help me recover something.
Have written off VTC, DGC, and MSC is still not sure. Should have gotten more NXT instead of MSC.

Mastercoin and Primecoin seem like they could both have one more pump, not sure about ltc or the others though. Imo
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
July 24, 2014, 09:21:01 PM
VTC Devs just announce new algo implementation, so hold your coins and there may yet be another pump.

Will it rise 20 times? If not then its useless to me. Still can not believe I got sucked into this.

Plus I read the link, the new aglo is planned to be switched to in, November....thats 4 months away....in the previous 2 months vert coins price dropped 200%...... God I don't even want to see its price by that time....

I do not have any hope on it. I am hoping FTC and XPM, by being both listed on Btc-e will get pumped and help me recover something.
Have written off VTC, DGC, and MSC is still not sure. Should have gotten more NXT instead of MSC.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 08:49:44 PM
Do you think it will be right at the bottom of the coinmarketcap list by then?
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
July 24, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
July 24, 2014, 08:35:12 PM
I've got about 250k of TAK back when they did a quick pump I didn't sell fast enough apparently

Also have about 5500 in BC back when they were at being traded for .0005btc
Pages:
Jump to: