Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoin Bagholders Support Group - page 3. (Read 3117 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Need a campaign manager? PM me
July 24, 2014, 08:28:08 PM
VTC Devs just announce new algo implementation, so hold your coins and there may yet be another pump.

https://vertcoin.org/pow-algorithm-upgrade-lyra2/

Will it rise 20 times? If not then its useless to me. Still can not believe I got sucked into this.
Last time they did something it barely moved; its a dead coin.
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
July 24, 2014, 08:26:30 PM
Litecoin, Feathercoin, Primecoin, Vertcoin, Mastercoin, Digitalcoin. I am hoping atleast one of them gets pumped and nets me something. I was and am doing well trading BTC/Fiat. Will stick to that in future.
Activity: 333
Merit: 100
July 24, 2014, 08:20:34 PM
what was it about vertcoin that made people invest at the highs and why has it dropped so much?

That is one painful bag.

I am also bagholding 30k of SUPER. But it was a free bag. I got my initial investment + profit dumping some at the highs (around 10k SAT).

held on to 30K SUPER to stake but after the Mintpal pump and dump the dev disappeared and SUPER lost its momentum. I still think it might go higher but I am starting to doubt it.

The whole bs stealth addresses. A lot of members have said it doesn't even work, god I wish I had sold during Vtc's pump... 1k usd down the drain.

VTC Devs just announce new algo implementation, so hold your coins and there may yet be another pump.

https://vertcoin.org/pow-algorithm-upgrade-lyra2/
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 24, 2014, 07:58:02 PM
Anyone holding Flappy? oh god lol  Lips sealed

I know FLAP has been delisted from the major exchanges and I believe Poloniex just delisted it 4 days ago. Anyone bagholding FLAP will have a hard time dumping. Reading the thread it also mentions that the network isn't even moving anymore. I think the writing was on the wall for Flappy coins for some time and anyone still bagholding Flappy today had plenty of time to exit. That time, unfortunately, has now passed.

R.I.P Flappycoin Bagholders.

OH fuck, im also holding some PND. Embarrassed Embarrassed
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
July 24, 2014, 07:49:12 PM
what was it about vertcoin that made people invest at the highs and why has it dropped so much?

That is one painful bag.

I am also bagholding 30k of SUPER. But it was a free bag. I got my initial investment + profit dumping some at the highs (around 10k SAT).

held on to 30K SUPER to stake but after the Mintpal pump and dump the dev disappeared and SUPER lost its momentum. I still think it might go higher but I am starting to doubt it.

The whole bs stealth addresses. A lot of members have said it doesn't even work, god I wish I had sold during Vtc's pump... 1k usd down the drain.
Activity: 72
July 24, 2014, 07:38:20 PM
At least if it's on an exchange you have a small chance it might go up in price.
legendary
Activity: 1232
July 24, 2014, 07:33:05 PM
Bullcoin, Altcoin (ALT) and Inkcoin - no markets

They are not even listed on the shit-tier exchanges?

I don't know whats worst, bagholding a shit coin that is listed and watching the price plummet day after day, or bagholding a coin that isn't even listed  on an altcoin exchange.
legendary
July 24, 2014, 07:30:36 PM
Anyone holding Flappy? oh god lol  Lips sealed

I know FLAP has been delisted from the major exchanges and I believe Poloniex just delisted it 4 days ago. Anyone bagholding FLAP will have a hard time dumping. Reading the thread it also mentions that the network isn't even moving anymore. I think the writing was on the wall for Flappy coins for some time and anyone still bagholding Flappy today had plenty of time to exit. That time, unfortunately, has now passed.

R.I.P Flappycoin Bagholders.

Activity: 742
I'm dying.
July 24, 2014, 07:29:08 PM
I usually get rid of the coins I hold the first 24 hours. ( After it hits a major exchange. )

Not bagholding any coins right now. Burned myself a bit 2-3 days ago, with VAST coin. Dumped for a 70% loss. ( near $1k lost )

Never go sleep when a coin gets added on a exchange.
Activity: 560
July 24, 2014, 07:28:32 PM
Bullcoin, Altcoin (ALT) and Inkcoin - no markets
Activity: 72
July 24, 2014, 07:27:56 PM
So much for to the moon.
legendary
July 24, 2014, 07:27:01 PM
Let /r/Dogecoin know about this support group.

You wouldn't believe how much I laughed at that comment. Lol!!

Im GLAD I sold doge.

were you bagholding at the time you sold DOGE?
July 24, 2014, 07:25:04 PM

Im GLAD I sold doge.
July 24, 2014, 07:14:35 PM
Anyone holding Flappy? oh god lol  Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
July 24, 2014, 07:05:50 PM
sell always at the first pump, usually is the big one

That's what I did with darkcoin, bought at 0.003 and sold at 0.0055

And then it went over 0.02 LOL

legendary
July 24, 2014, 06:55:32 PM

That is one painful bag.

Activity: 952
Merit: 251
July 24, 2014, 06:48:24 PM
When did we go from 'hodling' to 'baghodling' ?? Grin Grin

I've got a big 'ole bag of TiPS
Looked promising .. great symbol .. no dev  ..

Part of the problem is we just don't have enough coins to choose from  Tongue Tongue

Triff ..
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
July 24, 2014, 06:12:18 PM
with the exception of classic alt coins or ones which i have participated in the development of i hold few large quantities......

usually best to dump as soon as they go to market or in some cases there may be a pump or two.....the longer you wait to dump the more risk the

developer vanishes.....

if you really believe in a coin as an alternative to bitcoin or one of the majors you should be happy to hold and mine that coin no matter what the value.
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
July 24, 2014, 06:10:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
July 24, 2014, 06:08:33 PM
LOL. I got stuck with almost 100,000 Hawaiicoins when it suddenly disappeared off Bittrex with no warning.

Its weird. I am holding a dozen bags ranging anywhere from $2 - $60 in value each, and I know they are bags, and I watch them go down a little bit almost every day -- all signs point that I should dump them, yet for the most part I can't bring myself to do it.

Initially my plan was to collect and hold coins I thought had a chance at making it in the long-term, and if all else fails I can use them as a rarity or a collectable someday. Except unlike gold or pogs these things can break down and never be fixed.

Here's coins I like that I can't bring myself to dump yet because I am still holding on to irrational hope that they will see renewed interest:

AC
CINNI
DOGE
EMC2
MRY
POT
UNO

Here's coins that I think are truly innovative but have been kicked in the shins too much recently so I scaled back my holdings (wouldn't call them "bags" just yet):

BC
DRK
LTC
MYR
NXT

Here's the two coins that actually went UP in the last month or two:

NMC
XCP

Here's a pile of shit that I can't explain why I still carry around:

NAUT
RZR
VRC