Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoin Trading - page 3. (Read 964 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 14
March 09, 2018, 07:58:19 AM
You will only make profit or loss when you will sell your coins so it's hard to conclude whether you are in profit or loss even though your total Bitcoin holding has increased after some trading. Most of the time I quickly sell Bitcoin which I have made with trading to book my profit.

The profit depends on the desired currency the OP is expecting. The question is when will he cash out, will he hold his altcoins he traded Bitcoin for on a long-term, will he later regain the Bitcoin or something else. I am looking at the altcoin trading in a long term.
To me, it doesn't matter if the certain altcoins or the Bitcoin will drop when the market is the big fluctuation phase because I know that the altcoin I have invested in has the possibility to reach my desired goals.
If the OP is trading for the FIAT and using decentralized currencies for the daily living then the amount loses in a couple of days when the market falls means significantly to him and he cannot afford himself to wait a couple of days more for a market to regain itself. Because of that, I support people that have their day jobs and they do investment as a hobby.
Those who are depending on the market trades without some background financial capability are taking a high risk of losing everything.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
March 09, 2018, 07:02:22 AM
Trading is not that easy, because it too risky. So strategy is very important.
In your case, it is good. The more btc you will earn from trading altcoin the more usd you can get when the price of btc get higher.
Its a matter of patience and hardwork to become successful in here.

Absolutely, a good answer comes in a daytrading those case might be stop if you are 24/7 tune in to the happenings of value. It could risk if you trade only at a time because this kind of business is quickiness ability with analytical strategy are being used to make a ptofitable output.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
March 09, 2018, 06:49:29 AM
Trading is not that easy, because it too risky. So strategy is very important.
In your case, it is good. The more btc you will earn from trading altcoin the more usd you can get when the price of btc get higher.
Its a matter of patience and hardwork to become successful in here.
Activity: 334
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 06:35:47 AM
I'm a little bit confused guys. For example The situation is you bought an altcoin for 1 btc, let's say 1btc=10,000. so you bought an altcoin and you gained a profit so your 1btc became 1.2btc and you sold iyour altcoin for 1.2btc, but the value of btc drops let's say 1btc=9,000.. that way you will lose right? but will you regain your money or profits if the value of btc comes back to 10,000 another day? and you will have the 1.2btc=12,000? is that right? thanks for your answers.

Sorry because I didn't deliver it fluently but for those who understand what I mean, can I ask your opinion? Thanks! 
I would suggest you do not sell in btc, you can sell in eth and eth have stable price. so I think we can make sales comparison by using btc or eth to make bigger profit.
It is not every time ETH usually has a stable price but considering other coins anyway, and the level of volatility, ETH seems more stable than most of the coins, being an inflationary currency anyway. From what he has said, I do not see a reason why the OP should be worried if he is holding his bitcoin for the long term and in the short term, trading with altcoins, is increasing his bitcoin quantity, so at the end for him, it will always be a winning situation.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 01:45:15 PM
I'm a little bit confused guys. For example The situation is you bought an altcoin for 1 btc, let's say 1btc=10,000. so you bought an altcoin and you gained a profit so your 1btc became 1.2btc and you sold iyour altcoin for 1.2btc, but the value of btc drops let's say 1btc=9,000.. that way you will lose right? but will you regain your money or profits if the value of btc comes back to 10,000 another day? and you will have the 1.2btc=12,000? is that right? thanks for your answers.

Sorry because I didn't deliver it fluently but for those who understand what I mean, can I ask your opinion? Thanks! 
With whatever i have understand about trading and especially crypto trading.I think altcoin trading is more profitable than bitcoin.Here you have range for your investment and you can manipulate with them too earn more profits but it is not the case with bitcoin.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 03, 2018, 10:14:48 AM
For newcomer in altcoin trading for the better trade in crypto paired with USD so will be more easy to trade and to calculate profit/loss. When we are trade in paired BTC with altcoin is more difficult to trade because we should be make analysis in 2 different price.
Beginners are not suit for the trading because they don't know anything in trading strategy so better invest in long term holding is the right way to earn more profit in cryptocurrency. Your suggestion is good but familiar people only survive this platform.

So tell me when you just started trading what do you think of yourself then? I bet you're also a beginner. Grin
So if a beginner isn't suitable to do trading when he can start then? I mean what you'd said is just totally absurd.

We all started to scratch and eventually gain knowledge and experience in trading, yes we did some mistakes but these mistakes also taught and made us what we are now.

OP I think whatever we paired to our trading isn't that much important and what should be prioritize is how can we profit and lessen the losses.
That will come naturally i guess. Exposing yourself to the ups and downs of trading will eventually make you more experienced in it. That's why its important to have a little practice fund that you can already consider as a loss.
Activity: 456
March 03, 2018, 05:57:14 AM
For newcomer in altcoin trading for the better trade in crypto paired with USD so will be more easy to trade and to calculate profit/loss. When we are trade in paired BTC with altcoin is more difficult to trade because we should be make analysis in 2 different price.
Beginners are not suit for the trading because they don't know anything in trading strategy so better invest in long term holding is the right way to earn more profit in cryptocurrency. Your suggestion is good but familiar people only survive this platform.

So tell me when you just started trading what do you think of yourself then? I bet you're also a beginner. Grin
So if a beginner isn't suitable to do trading when he can start then? I mean what you'd said is just totally absurd.

We all started to scratch and eventually gain knowledge and experience in trading, yes we did some mistakes but these mistakes also taught and made us what we are now.

OP I think whatever we paired to our trading isn't that much important and what should be prioritize is how can we profit and lessen the losses.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
March 03, 2018, 03:42:01 AM
the smaller the bitcoin and the higher the altcoin, the more btc it will have and thus it will accumulate bitcoin because it buys it cheaper, it will not lose its profits if it sells these bitcoins until its price rises above the price it bought.
As far as I am concerned, the essence of my own trading anyway is to increase my bitcoin in anyway, and I am so tired of fiat. Bitcoin is always going to recover irrespective of what the value is presently, and the only thing that would make me lose anything is if I sell at loss, once it recovers, it gets huge and trading with altcoins is to increase the number of bitcoins and in that case, I also consider USDT or USD as the case may be as an altcoin too if you know what I mean.

I really do not see much question in that as you have answered it yourself and common sense obviously gives that once the value is back to the same amount you got it, then you are back to the same amount it was before. Unless you want to decide to start trading in fiat to increase your bitcoin, but in the long run, if you are trading alts, to increase your bitcoin, you should not bother yourself about the present value as long as you are not selling for loss.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
March 02, 2018, 06:33:02 AM
All the crypto are good for trading and in the future bitcoin is the world best currency the year 2017 is very shine year for us and if we start altcoin trading this will be a good profitable coin for me i would like to use my altcoin for this way and i hope that it is good in the market that we hold bitcoin and altcoin now the market is good and safe people are happily come to this side.
for today it is already noticeable that a lot of ico companies are produced, with rather promising projects. Thus, we can safely count on a successful trade in coins.
Activity: 378
March 02, 2018, 03:25:51 AM
All the crypto are good for trading and in the future bitcoin is the world best currency the year 2017 is very shine year for us and if we start altcoin trading this will be a good profitable coin for me i would like to use my altcoin for this way and i hope that it is good in the market that we hold bitcoin and altcoin now the market is good and safe people are happily come to this side.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
March 02, 2018, 03:22:11 AM
You will only make profit or loss when you will sell your coins so it's hard to conclude whether you are in profit or loss even though your total Bitcoin holding has increased after some trading. Most of the time I quickly sell Bitcoin which I have made with trading to book my profit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 02:09:16 AM
I think that we are starting a bitcoin business that is a challenging and dangerous journey for beginners, but in return after the time we stick to the patience we have been working on it. It has become a good source of income for us.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 507
Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin
March 02, 2018, 12:39:05 AM
You are mainly underestimating people when it comes to trading and come to think of that those professional persons you do said are once a newbie before which means everyone can freely start up on engaging theirselves on doing trading.Its true that it isnt easy at all but would really depend on how serious you are on learning it.Its not really necessary for you to discourage someone who do like to trade because he dont have any knowledge.We do always start without any having idea in a certain thing.
I am not underestimate the beginners still market is fluctuating so trading is not a better platform for newbie  . Everyone comes in the beginner I agree that but once failed in the beginner they are all afraid in trading. So I am not suggesting the current situation.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
March 02, 2018, 12:25:59 AM
What are you talking about, all traders started as newbie so it's the start of the journey.
No one automatically get's better in trading without practicing, that is why we have to consider it as a long journey where we have to develop
ourselves so eventually we will be successful.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
March 01, 2018, 11:38:11 PM
You are mainly underestimating people when it comes to trading and come to think of that those professional persons you do said are once a newbie before which means everyone can freely start up on engaging theirselves on doing trading.Its true that it isnt easy at all but would really depend on how serious you are on learning it.Its not really necessary for you to discourage someone who do like to trade because he dont have any knowledge.We do always start without any having idea in a certain thing.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 507
Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin
March 01, 2018, 11:03:14 PM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
March 01, 2018, 03:55:11 PM
I guess you have gained answers already and you understood it correctly on how you are losing and earning on altcoin --> bitcoin trading.

Altcoin trading can be risky and it is not suitable for everyone. Be careful when you try to swim in waters that full of sharks Wink Pump and Dump can destroy whole concept of project because investors are loosing the confidence in this price range.
You're not helping though, what project are you talking about? He's just asking about the logic of his profits and the way it will lose when value goes down.
Maybe she's just telling the truth, well we all know that trading is risky, and before we start we need to know first everything we can face If we do it, all i can say is before you start trading try to control first your emotions, because you can easily panic in the first time you do it.
Trading no doubt is a risky thing, there's no investment that is not risky.

Controlling of emotion will just come afterwards when you are already there so if you think that is the right thing to do, then follow your own will.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Hodlers Network
March 01, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
Altcoins are best option for trading,Before trading just be careful invest in profitable coins having stable market and do not invest at one place.Many stable coin now cheaper but in future it will grow more.For trading any coins have fluctuation of price which are best for trading.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
March 01, 2018, 02:48:13 PM

The prices of crypto currencies in general are volatile, including BTC and altcoins of course. Trading altcoins with BTC is the most used and famous method, but firstly you need to make your plan, and to determine your goals . If you re going to hold BTC for long time, the price volatility will not affect you hardly, because the price will go up sooner or later.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
March 01, 2018, 02:28:07 PM
You got it right, but that is only when your goal is to ultimately have more USD. I'm trading against BTC to ultimately have more of it, regardless of its fiat value. I'm doing so with all my all my airdropped and forked coins. I'm not focusing on trading Bitcoin for fiat but on trading altcoins for Bitcoin, so I'm mainly interested in how the alts are holding against it. To be honest, if you're trading cryptocurrency pairs for BTC not tether or fiat, it's hard to keep track of your fiat profits. I have no Idea how people manage to do both on a daily basis. 

Agree. It is more simple if we always trade alts against BTC.

In the fact, there are many persons want to make so called Real Profit, then they can calculate the Profit against USD or USDT, it is also simple.
Yes, when I started trading as well it makes me confused about how I am going to compute if I already gain or not since bitcoin price vary from time to time, but through analyzing and experience I had eventually have my own computation, it is hassle actually and needs a lot of patience and your time.
That is the point. In order to get benefit out of bitcoin trading, a person must first fully understand the advantages and disadvantages of this currency. That is only possible if he would learn things by himself. The best is to do research by your own. In this way, an investor can discover minor details also. Trading is a risky profession and bitcoin is the most fluctuating digital coin. It is a difficult job but beneficial also. Patience is the key to success.
Pages:
Jump to: