Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative Block Chains : be safe! - page 74. (Read 1366934 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 10:30:34 AM
We invite you to joint our channel in which we share the alerts of our trading robot.

Every thing is transparent
You can check every signal on the chart to verify the results.

For more information you can join the following channel

Pump/dump detector, price predictor and auto-trader robot Trial version....
Please share our link if you enjoy our signals

https://t.me/BitWatcherTrial
Activity: 38
October 25, 2017, 09:42:01 AM
We invite you to joint our channel in which we share the alerts of our trading robot.

Every thing is transparent
You can check every signal on the chart to verify the results.

For more information you can join the following channel

Pump/dump detector, price predictor and auto-trader robot Trial version....
Please share our link if you enjoy our signals

https://t.me/BitWatcherTrial
Activity: 5
October 25, 2017, 03:55:19 AM
oh no
Activity: 60
Merit: 4
October 24, 2017, 12:39:02 PM
Indeed, there are no guarantees. So should be careful in crypto world)
I have the same opinion. 100%
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
October 24, 2017, 03:08:12 AM
The whole point for me is that blockchain was designed to be immutable and provide the checks and balances through the distributed architecture to ensure that transactions cannot be faked.

We looked at implementing a private blockchain for our cashbag.co business, and use this to manage transactions internally, but it defeats the objective of having the EVM.

It's better for us to transact using the EVM and in this way ensure that transaction history is tamperproof.

Activity: 39
October 23, 2017, 11:20:54 PM
Thank you Gavin Smiley
Activity: 40
October 23, 2017, 08:09:27 PM
Just came across this new coin, heard about it a lot in Asia while I was there.  Check out the website

www.88coin.io

Considering investing in it, have a feeling it will sell out fast

Just be safe!
Activity: 5
October 23, 2017, 05:01:45 PM
Indeed, there are no guarantees. So should be careful in crypto world)
Activity: 373
Merit: 107
October 23, 2017, 01:39:17 PM
No one is immune from losing money. You have to be careful when working with crypto-currencies. There are many risk factors.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
October 23, 2017, 09:03:47 AM
thanks for the safety tips, in the crypto world it's always good to be a bit conservative so do not expose yourself to a rich risk that is a very volatile and dynamic market
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
October 22, 2017, 09:02:03 PM
I haven't seen anybody post about what would be my biggest worry if I were trying out alternative block chains. I realize this may be perceived as "Gavin is FUD'ding anything that isn't bitcoin!"  (FUD == Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt)  But I think some of you might be forgetting some basic computer security fundamentals in the excitement to be early adopters.

When I first heard about bitcoin, my questions were:

1) Can it possibly work (do the ideas for how it works make sense)?
2) Is it a scam?
3) If it is not a scam, could it open my computer up to viruses/trojans if I run it?

I answered those questions by:

1) Reading and understanding Satoshi's whitepaper.  Then thinking about it for a day or two and reading it again.
2) Finding out everything I could about the project.  I read every forum thread here (there were probably under a hundred threads back then) and read Satoshi's initial postings on the crypto mailing list.
3) Downloaded and skimmed the source code to see if it looked vulnerable to buffer overflow or other remotely exploitable attacks.

If I were going to experiment with an alternative block-chain, I'd go through the same process again. But I'm an old conservative fuddy-duddy.

If you want to take a risk on a brand-new alternative block-chain, I'd strongly suggest that you:

1) Run the software in a virtual machine or on a machine that doesn't contain anything valuable.
2) Don't invest more money or time than you can afford to lose.
3) Use a different passphrase at every exchange site.

The alternative block chain must be safe because it has been a source of income to many people. This alternative block chain has already helped so many people and from that it has been a very good help to everyone. Knowing that this block chain has provided financial needs of the people.

You are a funny bounty hunter Sarah08. Blockchains need to be safe of course in order to be utilized effectively by mainstream people. 
Activity: 238
October 21, 2017, 10:46:35 PM
I haven't seen anybody post about what would be my biggest worry if I were trying out alternative block chains. I realize this may be perceived as "Gavin is FUD'ding anything that isn't bitcoin!"  (FUD == Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt)  But I think some of you might be forgetting some basic computer security fundamentals in the excitement to be early adopters.

2) Is it a scam?
3) If it is not a scam, could it open my computer up to viruses/trojans if I run it?

1) Reading and understanding Satoshi's whitepaper.  Then thinking about it for a day or two and reading it again.
2) Finding out everything I could about the project.  I read every forum thread here (there were probably under a hundred threads back then) and read Satoshi's initial postings on the crypto mailing list.
3) Downloaded and skimmed the source code to see if it looked vulnerable to buffer overflow or other remotely exploitable attacks.

If I were going to experiment with an alternative block-chain, I'd go through the same process again. But I'm an old conservative fuddy-duddy.

If you want to take a risk on a brand-new alternative block-chain, I'd strongly suggest that you:

1) Run the software in a virtual machine or on a machine that doesn't contain anything valuable.

Activity: 238
October 21, 2017, 10:46:02 PM

2) Is it a scam?

The alternative block chain must be safe because it has been a source of income to many people. This alternative block chain has already helped so many people and from that it has been a very good help to everyone. Knowing that this block chain has provided financial needs of the people.
Activity: 17
October 21, 2017, 08:31:13 PM
Just came across this new coin, heard about it a lot in Asia while I was there.  Check out the website

www.88coin.io

Considering investing in it, have a feeling it will sell out fast
Activity: 22
October 21, 2017, 09:49:42 AM
This way security is assured, as no third parties are involve and no one holds the “keys”:  Cool
Activity: 233
Merit: 102
https://genesis.re
October 21, 2017, 07:04:50 AM

2) Is it a scam?

Thanks a lot for the info @Gavin Andresen, better to be safe than sorry.
It's good to be careful and all that, but there are very good guys who are developing alt chains that are very good, i would even like you to look into one if you will have the time, can i pm/email you with the info?

Original post from 2011, and yet so up to date!

Now the security is more important than ever...

Speaking of alternative blockchains - there are not that many wallets supporting more than 10-15-20 currencies...
Activity: 239
October 20, 2017, 03:20:03 AM
if you have a lot of btc -don't store all of them on PC
Please, divide storage places
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
October 17, 2017, 09:24:28 AM

2) Is it a scam?

Thanks a lot for the info @Gavin Andresen, better to be safe than sorry.
It's good to be careful and all that, but there are very good guys who are developing alt chains that are very good, i would even like you to look into one if you will have the time, can i pm/email you with the info?
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
October 16, 2017, 10:13:46 AM
In my own idea Blockchain is hosted over all of computers around the world so that it is not controlled by only one person. Each process in the blockchain network have a full copy of every transactions on the blockchain, it means that every details and history of the transactions are traced. Besides historically being used to handle financial transactions, the security and reliability of blockchain technology means that it can be applied to other areas and industries. But there are many scammers be careful in every online transactions they are hidding and ready to attack.
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
October 13, 2017, 01:14:07 PM
Good advice.

Using an alternate cryptocurrency client would be a great way to get many people to install a hidden virus that targets Bitcoin users.

If you have a significant amount of Bitcoins, I wouldn't run other clients on the same computer until the alternates have developed trust over a longer period of time... I'm probably on the paranoid side of things though.

These new cryptocurrencies are interesting, and it will be fascinating to see how it will all play out. 

That's true. I wouldn't want to risk my coins on any unproven "alternative" blockchain.
Pages:
Jump to: