Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternatives to Blockchain.info? - page 3. (Read 457 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
December 17, 2017, 10:39:10 AM
Yes, I use multiple air gapped offline wallets, however, it's curious that there is no serious competition to Blockchain.info    Web wallets are useful for some situations where you don't want your real wallets anywhere near you.   

according to https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/web/ these are the other web wallets:
Bitgo
coinapult
coin.space
greenaddress

there are also others that bitcoin.org doesn't list including blockchain.info!
BTC.com
StrongCoin
Eidoo

and of course the wallets that you do not control private keys to but they are web wallets:
Coinbase
Xapo
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
December 17, 2017, 10:29:30 AM
Yes, I use multiple air gapped offline wallets, however, it's curious that there is no serious competition to Blockchain.info    Web wallets are useful for some situations where you don't want your real wallets anywhere near you.   

Blockchain.info actually has the majority of users in the industry and its largely due to either the domain name or the time they have spent in the industry. But there are still several alternatives that are doing fine depending on which one you want to go with just do your review right and some exchange sites offer wallet services as well. BTC.com, Xapo, Coinomi, etc. Web wallets are very useful in case you want to quickly do some transaction but just as a precaution is not to keep the bulk of your funds there since you are not using everything at once
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
December 17, 2017, 10:25:19 AM
They are clearly the market leaders in terms of online btc wallet.   What are the alternatives?
There is no better alternative to blockchain.info when it comes to online web wallets in terms of security and customer service.
I'd say Coinkite would be the next alternative, but blockchain.info is better.
With that said, you shouldn't use it for amounts that you can't afford to lose as you're entrusting your money to a third-party. You should use a hardware wallet or at the very least an offline wallet such as Electrum.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260
December 17, 2017, 10:24:34 AM

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
December 17, 2017, 10:21:37 AM
In my opinion It is the best alternative. However, you should avoid using online wallets.

yes please avoid if possible ,, there is no reason to use web wallet in this day and age but best web wallet i have use and never encounter issue is localbitcoin web wallet maybe they are only exchange who never create any problem at all for their user that team is very impressive to me , blockchain.info is also very good and high security they have too
Activity: 173
Merit: 105
December 17, 2017, 10:18:52 AM
In my opinion It is the best alternative. However, you should avoid using online wallets.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260
December 17, 2017, 10:17:17 AM
They are clearly the market leaders in terms of online btc wallet.   What are the alternatives?
Pages:
Jump to: