Pages:
Author

Topic: Alts with no liquidity on exchanges - page 5. (Read 720 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 24
December 07, 2019, 08:37:07 AM
Liquidity is a must not volumes because volumes can be easily given by exchanges which aren't real but not liquidity, if anyone wants to invest in coins today its better to make sure it has good liquidity although if the coin is listed on top exchange there is nothing to worry about
Activity: 490
Merit: 16
December 07, 2019, 08:22:13 AM
Any coin or exchange that has big volumes with no liquidity or not enough liquidity is red flag, its either they are creating fake volumes for the coin or wrong details are been given by the exchange
Activity: 1498
Merit: 785
December 07, 2019, 08:14:23 AM
Don't believe in large volumes before you check directly. Volume can be manipulated very easily. Many altcoins have large volumes, but when they want to make transactions it will be very difficult.
I have come across a lot of fake volumes of altcoin which only aims to attract investors to buy their coins.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018
December 06, 2019, 02:53:04 PM

Would you say the exchange ranking on CMC is correct now that they are providing liquidity?

Sometimes I'm finding it hard to believe the exchange that ranked are the ones that I haven't heard of before. Bilaxy is new to me, I don't have an account to its the first on the tank today. Many of use are not willing to register to the exchange since this is another KYC submission.

4th VinDAX?
5th P2PB2B?

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
December 06, 2019, 02:33:23 PM
i just believe the only good reason to buy such a these token is a do a research first.
because, i am not believe anymore about what info coinmarketcap given. no since i saw stupid exchange such as vindax,coinsbit,p2pb have a high rank on their chart.
and actually a simple research for token like u say its easy , just go through to exchange and see how buying and selling happen.
mostly wash trading has a pattern that is easy to read.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
December 06, 2019, 02:25:22 PM
Since Coinmarketcap added Liquidity to its indicators, you can see a lot of tokens with enormous daily volumes have no liquidity at all. Is it even worth to invest in this kind of tokens? Does that mean that most of the volumes are fake? Thanks for the answers.

Most persons have already said it all, no liquidity absolutely means no demand, and a token which has no demand has no value. So the question is, would you invest in a coin with no value? Also, about if their volume is fake, frankly that what it means, for a token with no demand having huge volume says it all. Nowadays, to invest in any coin comes with huge carefulness and due diligence in order to be safe.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
December 06, 2019, 02:24:51 PM
Most comment above said that it's not worth to invest in not liquid coins.
It depends on the person's wallet size. In most cases people with a few hundred bucks have no problems investing in these coins because they can get in and out easily, which is why such altcoins are quite popular.

If you're a trader/investor with $20k for example things are different unless you have the luck to buy or sell into a large wall. If I had that money I would definitely avoid such coins, but everyone is different at the end of the day.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
December 06, 2019, 01:34:42 PM
I think that there are coins that do not have liquidity but the projects are alive and some people can invest money in it, but I do not do this because it is very risky. such projects may stop working any day. it is best to analyze such projects and choose from the bottom 5-10 projects that are better to watching and when you see strong updates then you should buy it
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 06, 2019, 01:39:10 PM
Most comment above said that it's not worth to invest in not liquid coins.

But I dont think so, we invest or trade ofc to get profit. so, as long as the coin can make us profit, it is a good investment/trade
not liquid coin can give good profit if you know how to do it. most of them just pump and dump
even it gives high profit, but ofc it has high risk too. the main idea is, you must know the good strategy to do with not liquid coins Smiley
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 06, 2019, 01:15:01 PM
Since Coinmarketcap added Liquidity to its indicators, you can see a lot of tokens with enormous daily volumes have no liquidity at all. Is it even worth to invest in this kind of tokens? Does that mean that most of the volumes are fake? Thanks for the answers.

Your suspicions are correct, they do pump the volume of traders to think it's worth investing in the coin, or they have a group of whales that do pump their coin, but they will eventually dump the coin, so be watchful on coins that you are going to invest, check if the volume is indeed correct.
Activity: 793
Merit: 250
December 06, 2019, 01:07:56 PM
If they do not have liquidity - no daily trading volume than it is a good sign that this coin is going to the end because nobody is buying it. Avoid coins with low trading volume. Smiley
Activity: 1189
Merit: 251
December 06, 2019, 12:59:10 PM
Yes, in fact most of it is fake. So you do not have to invest in tokens. It is better to buy than to sell.
I also had time to complain about the length of the WD process on a stock exchange, the solid volume in the coin market is very large, it turns out to be a fake.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
December 06, 2019, 12:35:24 PM
No liquidity and you invest in it? Never mate XD it's like you selling pork to Muslim people it's no demand at all and you will lost your money. Just stay at the right rule, follow the trend is better than invest in alts with no liquidity. Also don't be fooled by CMC too sometimes they give false data
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
December 06, 2019, 12:35:11 PM
Liquidity is everything.

99% of altcoins have less than 1million liquidity, And the top crypto's have about 1/10th or even smaller amount of liquidity than what's reported. The reason for this huge disparity is wash trading and market making.

CMC has taken a good step forward, but there is a lot of work to be done on making this data more apparent and their lack of filtering all these fake, scammy exchanges that are "trading billions of dollars of crypto daily."

Overall, there is no escaping wash trading in crypto. Almost every alt-coin out there has no real volume. Almost everything you see is manipulated to an extent. Welcome to crypto and actually, everything on the internet and the real world also. This is a game of money, you are just the small fish that feeds the whales.
Activity: 882
Merit: 254
December 06, 2019, 12:28:37 PM
Some of those are great projects with solid team members, but they ha this bad luck of not being able to get listed on a high liquidity exchange.
At the same time i can see shit loads of shitcoins listed in the best exchange with high volume,what an irony in this cryptoshphere.
Activity: 300
Merit: 11
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
December 06, 2019, 12:00:24 PM
I guess it is very clear that a coin must have liquidity on exchange to have volume, if there is no liquidity then where is the volume coming from? Fake if i may say.
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
December 06, 2019, 11:55:59 AM
Liquidity indicator is a good way to quickly notice exchanges and coins with fake volume, i am glad that coinmarketcap decided to take this step, it helps open my eye more, one thing is not all coins on coinmarketcap are good
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
December 06, 2019, 11:51:26 AM
It all depends on the type of coin or token, you should always do your own investment research because some coins may not have a lot of volume because they are very new or just starting, or are sleepers. I know one coin for example that I believe will be a very big project but just now got on Coinmarketcap and is getting on to the exchanges, so it will take time for it's volume to grow. You ALWAYS need to check on the project first. If you are a day trader of course, then it is better to pick high volume coins or tokens to trade, as that is more logical for short term trading practices and strategies.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
December 06, 2019, 11:03:44 AM

First you should research what kind of project concept this altcoin but since you want to make sure your money will grow I advise to stay away from this kind of altcoin since this have no liquidity or transaction happening in exchange site its better to pick altcoin with a high possibility to grain in the future.
Activity: 224
Merit: 71
December 06, 2019, 11:02:10 AM
Yes already we must avoid exchanges that cheat these days there are many and even I think there are still exchanges that use boots to turn up the volume
Pages:
Jump to: