Pages:
Author

Topic: Amazon Coin. Just had to laugh when I saw this. - page 3. (Read 2921 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
It is cool to see that Amazon is using a system like this.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
it has nothing to do with bitcoin or crypto, its like air miles and stuff.

"amazon-coin" is here since Feb 2013, nothing new.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
It would be much better if they simply accept Bitcoin.

I had to buy some stuff of the German Amazon recently. The only way I (as a foreigner) could pay for the things I had ordered, was with Creditcard (which I don't have) or with "Geschenkgutscheine", thus vouchers which I should have offline somewhere in Germany (- or ordered online, and paid by Creditcard...).

Bitcoin would have made that process a lot easier though.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Definitely a glorified customer rewards program aimed at imitating crypto currencies.

..... they even have a picture resembling forum member Vod's avatar on their homepage!   Grin  Cheesy

Amazon - fail!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
If there's no pool to mine I'll pass it Grin

Anyway, It's not different from "bonus points" that companies gives away... It's worthless...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It is not a currency which can be accepted by other retailers.
legendary
Activity: 1540
lol we all knew they would pull something like this, I suspect Paypal will do something similar, they're against the decentralised models so of course they aren't going to adopt Bitcoin, I think it's just wishful thinking on the part of the Bitcoin community.

Sure it'd be nice, but it's not realistic.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
We should relicence Bitcoin and sue them for copyright infringement.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
no different from centralized money payments system that has been around for a long time. agree that the symbol designs are overdone perhaps

sed
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Funny.  Thanks for posting the link to this.  I agree that the branding seems to be aimed at imitation of bitcoin and clones.  However, as you also point out, this is not a crypto, it's just amazon tokens.

Interesting nontheless.
Activity: 806
We can think what we want but they still will make a shit load on money on it, instead of calling it a point system they named it Amazon coin
the idea is still the same has nothing to do with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I have no other way to explain this.

Its is beyond sad. It is pathetic.
It is something we should show compassion and understanding for.
But I am still not buying their shitty coins.

Hell I have problems accumulating Bitcoins, why the hell would I waste my money on Amazon coins?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 502
You might laugh, but they will sell a lot of these coins, I did not see a wallet I did not see a way to mine them, so these are virtual currency not crypto currency. Its just a way to buy amazon products. they are not in it for the revolution, they are there because they don't want to be forced to do what their customers want and accept bitcoins, so they make their own fake crypto currency.

So Bitcoin Lovers who are also amazon members how will you react to the slap in the face Amazon just gave you, your wishes and Bitcoin?
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
I don't really see much resemblance except that they have a coin-like image as a logo. That makes sense, though, since it's virtual money.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001166401

The name and logo of their coin is so obviously modeled after all the bitcoin alt-coins, it's not even funny.

Flattering and lame at the same time.

It's not decentralized.
It's not in limited supply.
Amazon creates as many as they want.
It isn't a blockchain based coin.

It's Amazon Coin!! Yayy.

Fail.

Good.

The more imitators, the better.

There is only one Bitcoin.

Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001166401

The name and logo of their coin is so obviously modeled after all the bitcoin alt-coins, it's not even funny.

Flattering and lame at the same time.

• It's not decentralized.
  • It's not in limited supply.
  • It's not anonymous.
  • It has no blockchain.
  • It's not a cryptocurrency. (just a virtual currency)

It's Amazon Coin!! Yayy.

Fail.
Pages:
Jump to: