Author

Topic: [AMBER] X13 POW/POS| 10k AMBER=0,01% SHARES | BUY, HOLD & GET DIVIDENDS in BTC/$ - page 225. (Read 407556 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PICTURES MADE OF AMBER

Amber Trade LTD company introduces a new class of products - pictures made of amber.
Now we just do it for ourselves but in near future amber pictures will become one of our products.
Company plans to develop this direction.

http://amber-trade.com/news-en/530/

On a photos below you can see what it looks like.

Activity: 701
Much more than 100k. Over 120 BTC will be paid in dividends.
twn
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1011
C-Cex is out of stock again.

That's why the next 50,000 Amber is being sent to C-Cex:

1. C-Cex -       50,000 Amber

this community needs more amber. end of july probably we gonna need nearly 100k amber Smiley
C-Cex is out of stock again.

That's why the next 50,000 Amber is being sent to C-Cex:

1. C-Cex -       50,000 Amber
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

There are 3 states of the wallet when it is encrypted with a password:
1. Locked (No staking, To send coins  or make a new address you need to enter a password)
2. Unlocked (Staking works, you can send coins  or make a new address without password)
3. Unlocked just for staking (Staking works, to send coins or make a new address you need to enter a password)

AmberCoin wallet works like that.

What OS do you use?

Thanks so much for the reply! I just restarted my wallet and unlocked it and made sure the "for staking only" box was checked and voila it works perfect Smiley. I assume what happened was that the last time I unlocked the wallet I must have accidentally unchecked the "for staking only" box.

Anyway, thanks again!
Activity: 605
Volume:
9.38 BTC,
sold out again
In mine Windows 7 64 bit, wallet works as described point 2, instead of 3.
Encryption works fine until you unlock it... My LUKS encryption and 19 alphanumeric password is real kick ass, until I log into Ubuntu and it never asks for it again. Ask Ross Ulbricht how useful encryption is after you unlock it lol.

So I should keep my wallet locked then?

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain what it means to lock vs. unlock a wallet (or post a link)? I have Googled it but for the life of me I can't figure out what it means to "unlock" your wallet.

Regarding the encryption, so everything is working as it should be? Then why was I able to send coins earlier today and the wallet never asked for my password?

Think you need to encrypt your wallet with a password in order to lock it.

I have my wallet encrypted with a password, but today I was able to successfully send Ambercoins and the wallet never asked for my password.

I am extremely confused about what exactly it means to have your wallet "locked" vs. "unlocked" and that is what I am asking about.

Also I am wondering if the fact that I was able to send coins earlier today without inputting my password means that there is something wrong with the Ambercoin wallet, or perhaps it just means I am a noob that doesn't know what the hell I am doing!?

Thank you.

There are 3 states of the wallet when it is encrypted with a password:
1. Locked (No staking, To send coins  or make a new address you need to enter a password)
2. Unlocked (Staking works, you can send coins  or make a new address without password)
3. Unlocked just for staking (Staking works, to send coins or make a new address you need to enter a password)

AmberCoin wallet works like that.

What OS do you use?
Encryption works fine until you unlock it... My LUKS encryption and 19 alphanumeric password is real kick ass, until I log into Ubuntu and it never asks for it again. Ask Ross Ulbricht how useful encryption is after you unlock it lol.

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain what it means to lock vs. unlock a wallet (or post a link)? I have Googled it but for the life of me I can't figure out what it means to "unlock" your wallet.

Regarding the encryption, so everything is working as it should be? Then why was I able to send coins earlier today and the wallet never asked for my password?

I have my wallet encrypted with a password, but today I was able to successfully send Ambercoins and the wallet never asked for my password.

I am extremely confused about what exactly it means to have your wallet "locked" vs. "unlocked" and that is what I am asking about.

Also I am wondering if the fact that I was able to send coins earlier today without inputting my password means that there is something wrong with the Ambercoin wallet, or perhaps it just means I am a noob that doesn't know what the hell I am doing!?

Thank you.
Activity: 285

Activity: 478
My point is that the encryption function of the wallet appears to not be working. When you encrypt your wallet with a password, in theory the wallet is not supposed to send coins unless you input your passphrase. However, earlier today I sent coins and the wallet didn't ask for my passphrase which scares the shit out of me.

Dev, hopefully this will be addressed in the wallet update. That's all I have to say on the matter Smiley
Activity: 478
Guys, I have a question about the wallet.....

I have my wallet encrypted and unlocked (for staking). I just sent some coins from my wallet to another wallet and it didn't ask for my password. Is that normal? Shouldn't the wallet ask me to input my password every time I try to send coins?

edit to add: I took my wallet offline until I get an answer....as someone who has had coins stolen in the past, I am definitely not taking a chance with my Ambercoins!!

Anyone else have this issue?

When I unlock my front door it stays unlocked until I lock it again... same principal here. It sucks for staking, but as pointed out max coin age for staking is 30 days. So running once every 25 days should be sufficient... BUT right now is 25% interest so I'm running 24/7, my screen lock from awakening password is the best security I have :/ once 25% ends and 10% starts I'll likely just run once a every 25 or so, for however long it takes for all coin groups to stake and start back at age 0.
No. After closing, the wallet is still encrypted. You need to unlock your wallet from time to time only (max once a month) to get coins from staking.
Have the same, also open Amber client from time to time only.

You have the same issue? Oh man.....

Not opening the Ambercoin wallet isn't going to stop a thief from stealing your coins if they get on your computer and of course on top of that, without the wallet open, you can't stake your coins!

Have the same, also open Amber client from time to time only.
Guys, I have a question about the wallet.....

I have my wallet encrypted and unlocked (for staking). I just sent some coins from my wallet to another wallet and it didn't ask for my password. Is that normal? Shouldn't the wallet ask me to input my password every time I try to send coins?

edit to add: I took my wallet offline until I get an answer....as someone who has had coins stolen in the past, I am definitely not taking a chance with my Ambercoins!!

Anyone else have this issue?
If i'm calculating properly, over 120 BTC will be paid as dividends. If half of them will be reinvested into AMBER... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1150
Lets invest trinitycoin Smiley)
Its different than all others Smiley)

Btw i think everyone waiting the shareholders amount for buy more amber
Jump to: