Pages:
Author

Topic: [AMD] New AMD RX Graphics Cards of 2019 - RX 5700 / XT, RX 600 - page 8. (Read 23318 times)

Activity: 720
Merit: 49
Is this card only suitable for ethash?
Ethash right now most profitable, but 5700/5700XT capable to mine mtp on pair with 2060/2070
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
There was never such slow adoption of new graphic card by mining devs, I think

Navi family is intentionally crippled by drivers, I suppose

Yes, AMD targets gamers and TMSC 7nm nodes are all 100% full. If the drivers are not crippled, miners would buy more 5700s and price would go up by a lot.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Is this card only suitable for ethash?
Activity: 46
Merit: 4

Navi family is intentionally crippled by drivers, I suppose
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
I had hoped for a 5600 with a 6pin and something like 130 watt with GDDR6 and 256 bus which would be an ideal card for many scenarios including mining. Who knows, maybe AMD will surprise us all
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
5500 is for now only for OEM.
If priced at 150 bucks, requiring 55 w for 30 Mh/s, with the current bitcoin price, the break even point would be 2 years. Much better than Navi 10's 3 years.
Hoping that BTC/USD will go to 15000 again soon Tongue
Activity: 39
Merit: 2
128bit bus,lower bandwidth than stock 580, i can see something around 30mh +/-

Indeed, I expect 35 top...some architectural changes would maybe help,
but its very bandwidth limited compared to 5700

But more realistic, probably 25-30 range
Seeing 110w stock TDP i was kinda dissapointed, since i was expecting that card to come without 6pin or 8 pin, but if there is possiblity to underclock it all the way to 750mv like u can do on 5700 series, 50-55w for 30mh would be really nice. that would be half power of 580.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326

Indeed, I expect 35 top...some architectural changes would maybe help,
but its very bandwidth limited compared to 5700

But more realistic, probably 25-30 range
Activity: 39
Merit: 2
What's the guess on eth performance on the new rx 5500? My guess is similar to the 5700/XT.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
has anyone been able to mine the new ravencoin algo with these cards?

I don’t have high hopes that it’ll do well on RVN.  AMD was poor on x16r and from what I can see hash rate wise there’s not much different between x16r and x16r2. 
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
As far as I know there isn't a miner that supports X16R (any variant) on Navi GPUs.  Overall it's been very slow getting any software for these GPUs to mine with, so I'm glad I only bought 1 of them to game test.  It is a nice GPU for gaming and does well on Eth at least.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
has anyone been able to mine the new ravencoin algo with these cards?
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
I bought 3 open box xts, hoping that when miners are developed other algos might be faster on an xt.  A gamble buy we will see.

How much did you get them for? It's sad that you can't buy open box items from Amazon or Newegg if you live outside the US. On the other hand, in our country there aren't very many open box opportunities. Probably because companies here are too cheap to offer discounted prices even on items with damaged boxes.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
I bought 3 open box xts, hoping that when miners are developed other algos might be faster on an xt.  A gamble buy we will see.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
At this point why would anybody buy a rx 5700XT over a regular 5700 if they almost produce the same hashrate?

Good question, i too would like to know, WHY?

But if i had to speculate, some people will buy it just because it is more expensive and makes it seem more premium. I know some people who are like this and are fixated on proving to the world that they are rich. All we can do is pray for them. lol.
Activity: 66
Can anyone perhaps give us some benchmarks with the XT. I seems like everyone wants to keep quiet about the results lol
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
please make OCLMembench test
Pages:
Jump to: