Pages:
Author

Topic: [AMD] New AMD RX Graphics Cards of 2019 - RX 5700 / XT, RX 600 - page 10. (Read 23318 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 0
Need more tests for cards RX 5700/XT
Activity: 11
Can someone share a ProgPOW benchmark?

tested 2 miner on windows, no opencldevice found
Activity: 2
Anyone didn't try new driver on cnr?interesting that noone still don'tshare....

I was able to get just over 1100 h/s in monero using XMR-STAK.  TRM didn't even recognize the GPU.  Not a great result for such an advanced GPU in my opinion.  I'll stick with ETH for now.  Would be nice if we could tweak the memory timings - that would certainly help on all mining.
Activity: 506
Merit: 252
Can someone share a ProgPOW benchmark?
Activity: 130
Merit: 2
Anyone didn't try new driver on cnr?interesting that noone still don'tshare....
Activity: 3
Claymore v15
Mining ETC on ethermine EU server
RX5700 @ 49.75Mh/s

Xmrig AMD
Supportxmr
XMR
RX5700 @ 1.1KHh/s

12 hours trend of Rx5700 mining ETC
https://imgur.com/a/z9P4o9T
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
I'll release a new version of AMD Memtweak XL later today with latest driver support (Strap injection support for latest driver)
So you can play around on your Navi card Smiley

Cheers!

Edit: Here

strap injecting, thats soundsinteresting.  Grin
Claymore v15
Mining ETC on ethermine EU server
RX5700 @ 49.75Mh/s

Xmrig AMD
Supportxmr
XMR
RX5700 @ 1.1KHh/s
Activity: 1
Hello.
I am a newbie and thinking of starting mining with these cards and need the help of the community.
Are the common PCI risers adequate for mining with these cards? Can I also use my asrock H110 mobo?

Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
I'll release a new version of AMD Memtweak XL later today with latest driver support (Strap injection support for latest driver)
So you can play around on your Navi card Smiley

Cheers!

Edit: Here

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Currently running 54 MH, haven't started messing with timings yet Cheesy

Also claymore is still running this as old GCN code, he hasn't updated to Wave32 which should significantly reduce core load needed and reduce power to under 100 watts.

I do use wave32 mode. During tests I tried wave64 as well, both showed same speed.
Activity: 2
I am getting 53.8 Mh/s with some brief tuning in Wattman with driver 19.9.1 and Windows 10 Pro.  This is on an RX 5700 blower style GPU.  Using Claymore v15.0 to mine Ethereum.

After a few failed attempts and reboots, I am now stable with memory overclocked to 950, core clock is running between 1700 and 1740 Mhz at 940volts.  Temps are low 60's with fan running at 2400rpm (not loud at all).  It is pulling 180 watts at the wall, however.  Need to work on that!  No setting in Wattman to reduce memory volts, only core volts are available.  Still, not a bad start!

UPDATE> reducing the core clock down to high 1500's with core volts at 870 the watts at the wall are down to 160, temps are down, fan speed slower and it still mines at 53.5 Mh/s

NOTE> Any change to core clock during mining results in an instant freeze and reboot is required.  Other changes in Wattman do not seem to have the same result.  Not a fan of Wattman
Hi!
What is the miner name??
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400
Currently running 54 MH, haven't started messing with timings yet Cheesy

Also claymore is still running this as old GCN code, he hasn't updated to Wave32 which should significantly reduce core load needed and reduce power to under 100 watts.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
in claymore's thread a user reported 51Mh/s ETH
Activity: 73
19.9.1 is out.  Anyone try it yet?
Activity: 238
when Polaris came out, I remember someone modified drivers at the beggining.

I think you remember wrong, there were "blockchain drivers", but those were drivers
made by AMD specifically for mining

Think a guy named 'RobinHood' put out a hacked driver just a few hours/day or so before the official blockchain ones. Recall downloading it to test, then seeing the official ones before getting time.

Anyway, doesn't matter now!

yup, thats what I remember too, cause I did try them, later than blockchain drivers came out.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
Why don`t try benchmark mode for DAG 1 or so..

test it with:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -benchmark 2

it will use just ~1GB of ram for DAG

The problem is on driver level and it isn't related to DAG size - as far as I know. I tried to run a benchmark but the result is nearly the same (instead of 3,5MH/s I got 3,6MH/s  Grin Grin )

Yes the problem is AMD intentionally crippled the driver for the ETH algorithm, because they knew it would do nearly 60MH in eth mining and they would not be able to get them in gamers hands.

here we go again Cheesy
meh, as per last time, eventually it will be allowed by AMD
thats rough tho haha

Activity: 357
Merit: 26
when Polaris came out, I remember someone modified drivers at the beggining.

I think you remember wrong, there were "blockchain drivers", but those were drivers
made by AMD specifically for mining

Think a guy named 'RobinHood' put out a hacked driver just a few hours/day or so before the official blockchain ones. Recall downloading it to test, then seeing the official ones before getting time.

Anyway, doesn't matter now!
Activity: 28
Hi,

it's not a good profitable period for mining, and after vacation i'm searching a new GPU to buy.

Are these new gpu good for mining?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: