Pages:
Author

Topic: AMD Vega 56 64 Frontier Mining Hashrate & Setup ? 3 Month ROI or less? - page 3. (Read 1126 times)

STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
The mid range cards are probably doing better when including cost of the card and cost of elec.   The reasonably best ETH MH I saw for Vega was 47 but I imagine others have got higher?

Vega doesnt have to run hot if it undervolts well, that varys but alot can go much lower then anything stock indicates initially.   XMR appears the most profitable but ETH is very bullish crypto for a while now.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
Don't think it's quite fair to call the cards a one-trick pony... they are the best single GPU ETH mining cards out there @ around 43-44 MH/s.
For the current price of a single Vega card one could get almost 3x rx 570, and that's 80+ MH/s with simple quiet cards. I mean, even two rx570/580 cards beat a single Vega card in ETH by a lot. I don't know, if Vega's were selling for the originally quoted MSRP's ($399 or something for RX 56?) then they would be alright. Paying $750 for that hot and loud beast though.. that's kinda crazy. Cheesy Vosk has a youtube channel so he might have an excuse for it to be some sort of business expense Smiley (new content, more views and subscribers etc, plus the fun/experience from playing with new hardware), but for regular miners like myself Vega is not a very practical investment. It's really good on cryptonight, and, well, mediocre on everything else (considering the price, power consumption and all the quirks associated with running it at full speed).

Hoping they'll continue to come into their own as software/mining programs are optimized for the HBM2 memory.
I've had a few Furies and we also hoped that there'll be new miners optimized for HBM.. never happened. Maybe it will this time, we'll see.
Activity: 148
Merit: 5
I've got multiple FE's, can confirm the problem mentioned above. Driver support is bad. Devcon restarting the FE's doesn't work on the Blockchain drivers, works fine on the new Adrenalin driver. The "compute" option on the new Adrenalin drivers improves ETH, but not Cryptonight. Hoping for a future addition by AMD. Also, no wattman overclocking for these guys, have to use Overdriven. Like you, thought with the additional 8GB of HBM2 they might be an interesting mining play if the drivers catch up to speed. Don't think it's quite fair to call the cards a one-trick pony... they are the best single GPU ETH mining cards out there @ around 43-44 MH/s. Several other algos they are okay at as well. Hoping they'll continue to come into their own as software/mining programs are optimized for the HBM2 memory.
legendary
Sold a rig to fund a new vega rig lol . . fingers crossed it works out xD
Well, worst case scenario is that you'll have to run 1 or 2 cards per rig. Far from optimal, but might work with cheap rigs for the time being, until someone figures out how to do the disable/enable thing in the device manager for the FE cards connected with risers.

///side note I noticed you switched from altcom to intensecoin - what are your thoughts on altcom masternodes?
Not a fan of masternodes in general, so don't really have any thoughts. Smiley Intense is quite profitable to mine with AMD cards right now, probably even more so than ETN, and the coin itself seems ok, so I figured it's a decent sig campaign to participate in.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
sounds like im in for a nightmare Cheesy lol
Wait, did you already buy it? Cheesy I didn't realize from your post that you've already placed the order. If that's the case then let us know how it goes. Smiley Maybe you'll figure out how to run multiple FE cards at max speed in one rig. Did you buy one or more than one of those?
Sold a rig to fund a new vega rig lol . . fingers crossed it works out xD

///side note I noticed you switched from altcom to intensecoin - what are your thoughts on altcom masternodes?
legendary
Wait, did you already buy it? Cheesy I didn't realize from your post that you've already placed the order. If that's the case then let us know how it goes. Smiley Maybe you'll figure out how to run multiple FE cards at max speed in one rig. Did you buy one or more than one of those?
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
At the current price of even 1000 per GPU per whattomine + factoring a minimal held coin value increase per crypto you would/could still ROI in 3 months (mainly looking at cards and if you pay $750 definitely the whole rig under 3 months per the calculation)
It's not like nvidia cards where you've got loads of (shit)coins you can mine. Vega is a one trick pony that only does cryptonight well, and everything else is mediocre at best. It's a hot and very loud piece of gear, and quite finicky to run at max speed. If cryptonight coins go down then ROI might be well over a year.

I've also read a few posts recently from people not being able to run these (Frontier Edition) Vega cards at full speed when you've got more than 1 card in the rig. When it's just a single card then it does ~ 2 KH/s just fine, but as soon as another Vega card is added to the system, their hashrate goes down and the usual tricks that work for Vega 56/64 don't work here. Not sure whether there are workarounds for this problem yet.
legendary
At the current price of even 1000 per GPU per whattomine + factoring a minimal held coin value increase per crypto you would/could still ROI in 3 months (mainly looking at cards and if you pay $750 definitely the whole rig under 3 months per the calculation)
It's not like nvidia cards where you've got loads of (shit)coins you can mine. Vega is a one trick pony that only does cryptonight well, and everything else is mediocre at best. It's a hot and very loud piece of gear, and quite finicky to run at max speed. If cryptonight coins go down then ROI might be well over a year.

I've also read a few posts recently from people not being able to run these (Frontier Edition) Vega cards at full speed when you've got more than 1 card in the rig. When it's just a single card then it does ~ 2 KH/s just fine, but as soon as another Vega card is added to the system, their hashrate goes down and the usual tricks that work for Vega 56/64 don't work here. Not sure whether there are workarounds for this problem yet.
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Hey everyone, we all know the vega's are crazy profitable on cryptonight whether its the 56 or 64 and their prices have skyrocketed because of that. . if you can even find one

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105073&cm_re=vega-_-14-105-073-_-Product

http://amzn.to/2mc42Xo Available on Amazon

My main question is who's mining with the frontiers w/ what settings and you have to be getting at least the numbers of the 64 vega which a card that at least looks cooler imo xD

Pretty interesting time in crypto to say the least lol, so for those who are using these to mine could you shed some light how you maximize their performance?

///
VoskCoin Official Donation Addresses, support appreciated!
BTC - 12PsgKuhcJrEqJbD3oMN7rcEcuyqyqRznL
ETH - 0xDEe6A2ae293F8C58Ef71649658344BbF382b6e70
ZEC - t1WRoxHVh8vhDJxAr6vpP4zzj3xHGF9ZbgQ
ZEN - znb1iNFP6VctF2AhXLXtMsSjP7emvYDmeXR
VTC - VdeggL7drzbYeB2eedDeDYe9xPwtPXW8KG
KMD - RCbKFSQhNWCqSwuFY8cGwzhDk8zMdYkjDj
Doge - DHgX7vJjBsmYcB1GgubGtu3TVJkqQgCG6B
XMR - 484HoyS4h2fenvLKQkuUV7FwnJaGK8LMX43tiJ3UZdVU53d2MxFiQ1jbSfyorsXZVs1SvoPVh4nipjd 7b4GVgFGmCgygdpV

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to http://Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Pages:
Jump to: