Pages:
Author

Topic: AML/KYC Explained - page 8. (Read 397185 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 255
July 03, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
I saw most of the bounties using KYC these days. are they really necessary? bounty hunters are not investors.how can they laundering money by doing bounties.
I have the same question, because, if i help to spread information about project and i am not investor, why should i go through KYC? And the answer, i think, that managers have chance not to pay you, because sometimes you just can't do KYC.
Perhaps the owners of the projects are just hedging their bets. Recently, many countries have adopted and developed laws aimed at the legalization and regulation of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
July 03, 2018, 04:49:04 PM
nice piece of write up, thanks
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
July 03, 2018, 10:07:55 AM
I actually like the idea of KYC/AML to have the chance to filter suspicious contributors for instance. However, I do not see the system fully protected either, and the possibility of fraud with personal data is also a big concern.
Activity: 756
Merit: 108
July 02, 2018, 04:50:07 PM
I saw most of the bounties using KYC these days. are they really necessary? bounty hunters are not investors.how can they laundering money by doing bounties.
I have the same question, because, if i help to spread information about project and i am not investor, why should i go through KYC? And the answer, i think, that managers have chance not to pay you, because sometimes you just can't do KYC.
Activity: 98
July 01, 2018, 02:34:26 AM
We knew that KYC/AML will be one of the main reasons why the regulators and government will ban or accept crypto currencies
Activity: 28
June 30, 2018, 10:50:59 PM
The guide is very an easyt-to-understand one. I saw KYC and AML terms in white papers and then I made google search about them. But the results were not simple. Your explanation is nicely done thank you.
Activity: 84
June 30, 2018, 04:25:44 PM
OptiToken almost done with ico, who got moon tickets
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
June 30, 2018, 02:36:16 PM
Sometimes people do misunderstand what kyc mean and they use to run from project when they see kyc. However, the meaning know your customers that is the team we know where the participate are from, I mean the participate in both the ICO and Bounty.   All, this information help a lot .
Activity: 8
June 29, 2018, 01:54:48 PM
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 07:09:25 PM
While already very overcomplicated, these systems don't seem to me like a very secure way to identify investors. There are still a dozen ways that some devious people can find loopholes in the system, and all the while people who are truly legit suffer constantly and have their credentials under scrutiny. Some countries and banks are totally out of luck, even though these people have no other options.
This situation really reminds me of the DRM (Digital Rights Management) implementation in videogames. For those who don't know, DRM is implemented to combat piracy, but instead it just makes it a little harder and takes a little more time for pirates to steal games. At the same time DRM makes many computers of legit users underperform or don't run the games altogether, which makes prospective buyers avoid games with DRM implemented. Don't you see the irony?
Activity: 112
June 26, 2018, 11:29:22 AM
thanks  Grin
Activity: 406
June 25, 2018, 04:40:57 PM
The kyc means know your costumers how kyc is very good if they can really work on the process of getting people verify in time. Also, many people now complaint great about lost of their reward in this process of kyc not get verify. Am little advice to them is that they should just work on the kyc process and things will get better on it.
Activity: 194
Merit: 2
June 23, 2018, 03:19:11 PM
a very useful article for beginners
Activity: 23
June 22, 2018, 04:55:53 PM
KYC/AML does protect from fraud but mostly protects the companies who follow them from liability though some actually do use it to protect their clients. SOME...
Activity: 4
June 22, 2018, 03:40:58 PM
In some sites, KYC is abusive. I mean websites without USD can avoid this method because we have already proove our ID when we have bougth Bitcoin before.
Activity: 28
June 22, 2018, 02:43:45 AM
what is KYC. Who  required KYC, how it can be done.
Very well explained in this post. Thanks for sharing this information
Activity: 90
June 22, 2018, 12:32:53 AM
I believe most US based entities would have to check OFAC sanctions list compliance to make sure customer is not involved in illicit activities. Circle must already be compliant imho.
Activity: 72
June 21, 2018, 10:22:00 AM
It might have some negative aspects as mentioned above. But in general, supposing good faith, KYC is a good thing in my view. It makes the whole ICO process more trustworthy and could lead to cut out suspicious scammers in a certain extent.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 641
June 20, 2018, 05:44:35 PM
I do not know what they say professors, experts and other assholes about the AML/KYC.
But in darknet now a lot of personal information is sold for 5-10 dollars per package, and wholesale is much cheaper, thanks to ICO. Now scammers are actively using it to get free profits.
Millions of packages of up-to-date personal information. Now on these bots you can draw up any activity.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
June 18, 2018, 02:04:27 PM
It's precisely, also even you, me, or anybody can make an ICO and harvest for selling the information that we get by that, that's very bad for usual people
Pages:
Jump to: