Pages:
Author

Topic: An (even more) optimized version of cpuminer (pooler's cpuminer, CPU-only) - page 18. (Read 1958260 times)

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
Why this version is not working for solo mining? 2.3.3 works!!!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
Just out of curiosity, because I've seen the following in the help output of minderd:

--coinbase-addr=ADDR  payout address for solo mining
--coinbase-sig=TEXT  data to insert in the coinbase when possible

Does minerd really support solo mining, and if yes, how to set it up?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Activity: 4
my comp not strong to mining
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 126
A FIDUS ACHATE, STAYS LOST IN FLIGHT
i have tried to run it on my windows but it says mining termitted
it says unsupported non-option argument miner, any help
Activity: 126
A FIDUS ACHATE, STAYS LOST IN FLIGHT
i have tried to run it on my windows but it says mining termitted
I can see such Stratum requested work restart, stratum_recv_line failed and Stratum connection interrupted quite frequently, but I guess that's normal?
"Stratum requested work restart" is totally normal, and should happen every time a new block appears on the network.
"Stratum connection interrupted", on the other hand, is not normal. It indicates a network failure, which could be due to your Internet connection or to the remote server.

Seems to be the remote server, I've tested it with Crypto Miner on my LG G2 and have seen the same error there.
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
I can see such Stratum requested work restart, stratum_recv_line failed and Stratum connection interrupted quite frequently, but I guess that's normal?

"Stratum requested work restart" is totally normal, and should happen every time a new block appears on the network.
"Stratum connection interrupted", on the other hand, is not normal. It indicates a network failure, which could be due to your Internet connection or to the remote server.
Thanks a lot, usao, that was of great help.

I've cpuminer already in use on WeMineLTC, which I chose because they have their own CPU Mining Server. It seems to be working as supposed to:

Code:
[2014-08-07 18:59:05] thread 1: 144492 hashes, 2.89 khash/s
[2014-08-07 18:59:06] Stratum requested work restart
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] stratum_recv_line failed
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] Stratum connection interrupted
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 7: 168804 hashes, 2.91 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 5: 169020 hashes, 2.92 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 1: 164748 hashes, 2.84 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 0: 165708 hashes, 2.86 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 3: 166056 hashes, 2.86 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 2: 165300 hashes, 2.85 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 6: 168156 hashes, 2.90 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] thread 4: 168804 hashes, 2.91 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:05] Stratum requested work restart
[2014-08-07 19:00:40] thread 6: 98880 hashes, 2.92 khash/s
[2014-08-07 19:00:40] accepted: 30/30 (100.00%), 23.07 khash/s (yay!!!)

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
What do you guys do with cpuminer?
Take a look at coinwarz.com and whattomine...
Look for coins with fairly quick block times.
Since you aren't going to make any real money anytime soon, I would suggest coins with high block payouts, just to you can visually see coin values with fewer leading zeros...
If you like pools, my personal favorites are:
coinmine.pw - very nice GUI.
nicehash.com - Pays out in BTC directly so you don't have to worry about getting the best prices at the exchange.

I've taken a look at coinwarz & whattomine, I've played around with different sortings, but I don't really have a clue where this is leading me. So a low block time + high block reward is the key?

Any specific recommendations?

It really would be interesting to know what others here are using their cpuminer for, after all it's still being actively developed and obviously used, so someone hopefully can share a little more info.

I know this may be completely pointless, after more reading I'm considering to buy an Antminter S3 for getting starting with something making more sense, but my thought was that mentioned server with Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz is running 24/7 at little load anyway and it does not cost my anything, so why not using it for some mining?
Well, the Antminer is a SHA ASIC, which is completely different from a Scrypt CPU miner...
For Scrypt/CPU, I just pulled-up coinwarz and very few coins are paying better than LTC.
So, you could mine LTC with cpuminer at a pool such as www.wemineltc.com. You will get a very small payout, but you can do it fairly easily.
If you don't mind playing with the exchanges and trading coins, then coinwarz is (currently) showing EMD, CAP, KGC, USDe as possible coins.
None of them are very stable though, so if you want to mine and not have to chase the coins, LTC would be better choice.
I wouldn't recommend solo-mining with a CPU, so look for a pool which has some of these coins.
If that's too much hastle for the small reward, then just go for LTC in a straight pool.
Good info on LTC pools can be found at: https://litecoin.info/Mining_pool_comparison
Since you aren't going to make any real money anytime soon, I would suggest coins with high block payouts, just to you can visually see coin values with fewer leading zeros...
nicehash.com - Pays out in BTC directly so you don't have to worry about getting the best prices at the exchange.

I've taken a look at coinwarz & whattomine, I've played around with different sortings, but I don't really have a clue where this is leading me. So a low block time + high block reward is the key?

Any specific recommendations?

It really would be interesting to know what others here are using their cpuminer for, after all it's still being actively developed and obviously used, so someone hopefully can share a little more info.

I know this may be completely pointless, after more reading I'm considering to buy an Antminter S3 for getting starting with something making more sense, but my thought was that mentioned server with Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz is running 24/7 at little load anyway and it does not cost my anything, so why not using it for some mining?
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Can someone please point out what would make most sense to mine with such low specs?
  • Bitcoin or Litecoin?
  • Pool, P2Pool or Solo?
  • If Pool, does it make any difference which pool with such low specs?
Any hint highly appreciated.
Neither Litecoin, especially not Bitcoin.

Well, any recommendation then?

Can someone please point out what would make most sense to mine with such low specs?
  • Bitcoin or Litecoin?
  • Pool, P2Pool or Solo?

Well, any recommendation then?

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Hi guy,

I'm a total newbie to mining, and just stumbled over cpuminer and this thread, because I was looking for info on what's possible with an Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz / 8GB RAM that's running here 24/7 mostly idle anyway. It only has nVidia Corporation G72 [GeForce 7500 LE] graphics, so GPU mining is out of question, and I can't connect anything USB, so no ASIC neither.

I can see that CPU mining is considered to be dead, but on the other side what the heck.

• Bitcoin or Litecoin?
  • Pool, P2Pool or Solo?

Greetings,

M.
Hi guy,

I'm a total newbie to mining, and just stumbled over cpuminer and this thread, because I was looking for info on what's possible with an Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz / 8GB RAM that's running here 24/7 mostly idle anyway. It only has nVidia Corporation G72 [GeForce 7500 LE] graphics, so GPU mining is out of question, and I can't connect anything USB, so no ASIC neither.

I can see that CPU mining is considered to be dead, but on the other side what the heck.

• Bitcoin or Litecoin?
  • Pool, P2Pool or Solo?

Greetings,

M.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Can someone please upload latest windows binaries
PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
What's the "-s" in command line used for?
Thanks.

anyone can help on this?  Grin
Thank you.
  -s, --scantime=N      upper bound on time spent scanning current work when long polling is unavailable, in seconds (default: 5)
Activity: 16
Thanks.

anyone can help on this?  Grin
Thank you.
Activity: 16
Thanks.
Activity: 179
I have a cpu athlon fx 8320
Pages:
Jump to: