Pages:
Author

Topic: An (even more) optimized version of cpuminer (pooler's cpuminer, CPU-only) - page 16. (Read 1958260 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Sure,,,  minerdoc --gc3355-detect --freq=1150 --url=stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3333 --userpass=1Bv4Eqtes3TgDnGsHCY3FwcV5r3zu6vaZp:d=512

This is for the cpuminer with overclocking enabled.
Watch the freq= setting. If your miners are not set up for overclocking, just set it to freq=800 or freq=950 if it can take it.
Enjoy! Wink

if you are using plain minerd without overclocking, use minerd instead of minerdoc and set freq=850 to start with.
good luck!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

Look at the .bat file / example in your minerd program file folder..... it could also be listed as *.bat.txt but it's there and shows you exactly how to enter the correct pool address...
There are several pools you can join. This is up to you to find and decide which one you want to mine.

If you know any good pool address which works fine with this miner please let me know...

Look at the .bat file / example in your minerd program file folder..... it could also be listed as *.bat.txt but it's there and shows you exactly how to enter the correct pool address...
There are several pools you can join. This is up to you to find and decide which one you want to mine.
Activity: 2
Basic usage examples
Code:
$ ./minerd --url=http://myminingpool.com:9332 --userpass=my.worker:password

Sorry for nooby question  Grin I have installed this miner but for using the miner I don't know what url I should use. What is that url? Please give me all information about it :p
PSL
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
hello i have a question . i registered myself in the site(http://dgcx11.mining.wtf/) but when i run my minerd (cpu mining) it gives me boooo  . can anyone tells my why?

cpuminer doesn't support X11 based coins. Try to mine some coin that is based on sha256d or scrypt.
Activity: 4
hello i have a question . i registered myself in the site(http://dgcx11.mining.wtf/) but when i run my minerd (cpu mining) it gives me boooo  . can anyone tells my why?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Am I doing something wrong?
I try to mine Quark, but it seems it doesnt work. I saw the Github Quark CPU miner for Mac OSX. Please help.
I used the command minerd -a quark and -a quarkcoin
Please help
Paid advertising in signature -> no free support
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I like nuts
Am I doing something wrong?
I try to mine Quark, but it seems it doesnt work. I saw the Github Quark CPU miner for Mac OSX. Please help.
I used the command minerd -a quark and -a quarkcoin
Please help
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Version 2.4.2

• Added support for Stratum over SSL/TLS. (Please note that official binaries do not include OpenSSL support, so if you want to use this feature you will have to build from source.)
  • Creation of version-3 blocks with getblocktemplate is now allowed.

The source code is, as always, available at GitHub. Source tarball and binaries are available at Sourceforge.
Activity: 293
Director - www.cubeform.io
Ssup, Everyone!
I have trouble running cpuminer solo on win x64 with latest release of Bitcoin Core (0.10.0) due to change in block version to 3. Can someone help me with building new executable from source code - i read that this was already fixed in src, but not included in latest win release yet , and i having problems compiling new file myself  Roll Eyes

The same issue here, I am working towards compiling it now. Will post once compiled.
Activity: 1
Ssup, Everyone!
I have trouble running cpuminer solo on win x64 with latest release of Bitcoin Core (0.10.0) due to change in block version to 3. Can someone help me with building new executable from source code - i read that this was already fixed in src, but not included in latest win release yet , and i having problems compiling new file myself  Roll Eyes
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Version 2.4.1

• Added full support for scrypt(N, 1, 1) (e.g. --algo=scrypt:2048).
  • Added optimized PowerPC code for scrypt and SHA-256d. Both an AltiVec version and a plain PowerPC version have been included (compile with --maltivec or --mno-altivec to choose). The AltiVec implementation is currently optimized for the 74xx family (PowerPC G4). Observed performance: 2.06 kHps/GHz for scrypt, 987 kHps/GHz for SHA-256d.
  • It is now possible to use getblocktemplate with merge-mined cryptocurrencies.
  • The miner will now automatically switch to getwork from getblocktemplate if no payout address is provided.
  • Fixed a couple of security issues.

The source code is, as always, available at GitHub. Source tarball and binaries are available at Sourceforge.
Activity: 57
Can I use it to mine Skein or Qubit algorithms on a 32bit Windows?

Sure!  Here's a quick cut 'n' paste from the /help.  These algos supported.

scrypt       scrypt(1024, 1, 1) (default)
                          scrypt:N     scrypt(N, 1, 1)
                          sha256d      SHA-256d
                          blake        Blake
                          cryptonight  CryptoNight
                          fresh        Fresh
                          heavy        Heavy
                          keccak       Keccak
                          lyra2        Lyra2RE
                          neoscrypt    NeoScrypt(128, 2, 1)
                          nist5        Nist5
                          pentablake   Pentablake
                          quark        Quark
                          qubit        Qubit
                          shavite3     Shavite3
                          skein        Skein
                          s3           S3
                          x11          X11
                          x13          X13
                          x14          X14
                          x15          X15

Edit:  WHUPS!!!!  That's not this cpu-miner, that's THIS cpu-miner...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cpuminer-multi-v135-linux-windows-vstudiomingw64-gpl-open-source-841401

https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi/releases

MUCH faster.  32 and 64 bit versions right there.

Thanks Atomicat... Downloading now. Hope it works.
Just want to say Happy New Year everyone!
May 2015 be the year we all cash in BIG on crypto currencies after btc value skyrockets sometime this year! Hopefully Wink
Best of luck to everyone!
Wolfey2014
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

Sure!  Here's a quick cut 'n' paste from the /help.  These algos supported.

scrypt       scrypt(1024, 1, 1) (default)
                          scrypt:N     scrypt(N, 1, 1)
                          sha256d      SHA-256d
                          blake        Blake
                          cryptonight  CryptoNight
                          fresh        Fresh
                          heavy        Heavy
                          keccak       Keccak
                          lyra2        Lyra2RE
                          neoscrypt    NeoScrypt(128, 2, 1)
                          nist5        Nist5
                          pentablake   Pentablake
                          quark        Quark
                          qubit        Qubit
                          shavite3     Shavite3
                          skein        Skein
                          s3           S3
                          x11          X11
                          x13          X13
                          x14          X14
                          x15          X15

Edit:  WHUPS!!!!  That's not this cpu-miner, that's THIS cpu-miner...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cpuminer-multi-v135-linux-windows-vstudiomingw64-gpl-open-source-841401

https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi/releases

MUCH faster.  32 and 64 bit versions right there.

Activity: 57
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
So I run cpuminer and all I get is

Is it normal, or my computer is messing with me?
sir please link and miner to windows 7 32 bit
[email protected]
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
IS this also ok ? don't know what "t-" shortcut means.

The -t is for how many threads or computer cores you want to use.  If you have a problem with overheating, use fewer threads.  Notice the difference between threads and cores.  Intel has hyperthreading, which means two THREADS per core.   
Activity: 137
Where can I download a binary that for linux that will use X11? I can't seem to compile it. A binary of 2.4 works great with scrypt but I want to try X11.
Activity: 196
after i run a couple minutes,, my minerd said "killed", and stopping the mining..
Sorry, i cant find is this new question or not. But CPUminer runs smoothly on my virtual servers for 35 minutes, then crash down. I found when i use -t 3 or -t 4 it takes 35min to crash, when i dont use -t it can crash in minutes.

You should not run cpuminer (or any other CPU-intensive application) on shared servers.

yeah..
i know my vps can be suspend..
i was found solution in this case..

thx for your advice.. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: