Pages:
Author

Topic: An (even more) optimized version of cpuminer (pooler's cpuminer, CPU-only) - page 64. (Read 1958260 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
I finally figured out how to use this........yes I'm a bit slow and new to using github stuff.... and it's doubled my hashing rate. I tried putting it on my btc mining rig but it makes my gpu's drop DRASTICALLY, any way to fix that?

Set low priority. In linux start the litecoin miner with "nice":

Code:
screen nice ./your_lite_coin_script

(Screen is optional; it lets you attach and detach console sessions)

IN windows open task manager and set process priority to lowest.

Yes, I have considered this, but haven't messed with it just yet.  I drop the priority for the dedicated cores I put to it, but haven't messed with running both a GPU and a CPU associated with the same core with the minerd at lower priority.

I may fiddle with it eventually, but it's only 6 cores that I have right now.  Not too much I'm leaving on the table given CPU chain value ATM.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hi!

I just tried to build this form github on OsX 10.7.2 and got an error at ./configure :

checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
./configure: line 5107: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 5107: `LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.10.1, ,'

I don't know if it's just my system as i quite often fail to build something from source  Sad
mrx
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
I finally figured out how to use this........yes I'm a bit slow and new to using github stuff.... and it's doubled my hashing rate. I tried putting it on my btc mining rig but it makes my gpu's drop DRASTICALLY, any way to fix that?

Code:

In windows you can also use "start /low /wait X:\path\to\minerd.exe --(params)" to start miner in low priority.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Why would you want that? minerd, was originally meant for bitcoin, back when GPUs weren't around. Now that they are, not only is a CPU miner obsolete, it will only suck electricity, and you will literally not gain any bitcoins off of it.
And if you really want a CPU miner, get CGminer, it has that in(since it is originally, minerd).

Well I could use the extra heat in the winter.
But seriously, while the GPUs mining, my CPU is unstressed and feels rather obsolete.
I'll look into CGminer but by the looks of the first post it doesn't appear to be as user friendly as GUIMiner.

I haven't done the math, but I'm thinking you'll make more money mining the cpu chain, LTC for example.  And then selling them for bitcoins, rather than running your CPU to mine bitcoins directly.
That's what i do and what i suggest to do too
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Code:

legendary
Why would you want that? minerd, was originally meant for bitcoin, back when GPUs weren't around. Now that they are, not only is a CPU miner obsolete, it will only suck electricity, and you will literally not gain any bitcoins off of it.
And if you really want a CPU miner, get CGminer, it has that in(since it is originally, minerd).

But seriously, while the GPUs mining, my CPU is unstressed and feels rather obsolete.
I'll look into CGminer but by the looks of the first post it doesn't appear to be as user friendly as GUIMiner.

I haven't done the math, but I'm thinking you'll make more money mining the cpu chain, LTC for example.  And then selling them for bitcoins, rather than running your CPU to mine bitcoins directly.
legendary
The default client now has a wrapper which can start an external miner provided it's called "minerd", is executable, and is located in the same directory as the client.

Is there an option to pass parameters from the Litecoin client?  You know, kind of like how you can supply optional parameters in GUIMiner?

You sound like you may be more advanced than I, but I have been using a START_MINING.bat file in the same directory to run the minderd.  I don't know if that helps with the questions you have.

I will post it if you would like that file and can show me how to put an attachment on here.  I don't know if that's possible...

Or just PM me your e-mail, and I can e-mail it to you.
legendary

I still recommend 1 CPU core per GPU.  I only use minerd for spare cores.  I hear that the latest drivers have "fixed" this, but I haven't had time to deal with it.  I still prioritize bitcoin (and now BTC/I0C/IxC/NMC/DVC) mining before CPU chains.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
MY GOD.

My core 2 Quad Q8200 jump from 2,8khash to 9,6khash!!! More than 90% for sure.

Thanks dude!
Activity: 386
Merit: 250

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Wow thanks took my 1090t @ 3.3ghz from 20kh/s to 27.5kh/s
Activity: 896
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
The default client now has a wrapper which can start an external miner provided it's called "minerd", is executable, and is located in the same directory as the client.

Is there an option to pass parameters from the Litecoin client?  You know, kind of like how you can supply optional parameters in GUIMiner?
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
None. What params do you recommend? And  you explain how to use them? I am simply mining from the native LTC client gui.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, the Litecoin client can only mine using its own internal hashing function, which is relatively slow.
If you want to use cpuminer, you should start it from the command line, and tell it how to connect to a Litecoin server (local or pool) via command-line parameters.

Use the following for solo mining (where rpcuser:rpcpass must match the credentials in your litecoin.conf file):
Code:
minerd.exe --url http://127.0.0.1:9332/ --userpass rpcuser:rpcpass

Since difficulty is going up, however, you may want to join a pool. Most of the pools have a "Help" or "Getting started" page that you will probably find useful.
https://github.com/coblee/litecoin/wiki/Comparison-of-mining-pools
TY sir, that's exactly what I needed to know!
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
None. What params do you recommend? And  you explain how to use them? I am simply mining from the native LTC client gui.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, the Litecoin client can only mine using its own internal hashing function, which is relatively slow.
If you want to use cpuminer, you should start it from the command line, and tell it how to connect to a Litecoin server (local or pool) via command-line parameters.
Activity: 838
Merit: 507

Use the following for solo mining (where rpcuser:rpcpass must match the credentials in your litecoin.conf file):
Code:
minerd.exe --url http://127.0.0.1:9332/ --userpass rpcuser:rpcpass

Since difficulty is going up, however, you may want to join a pool. Most of the pools have a "Help" or "Getting started" page that you will probably find useful.
https://github.com/coblee/litecoin/wiki/Comparison-of-mining-pools
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
rockin!  Thanks for the easy to read summary pooler!

AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor 2.60Ghz  ~ 3.86 khash/s  per core

What am I doing wrong?  I'm only getting a total of 7.4X KH/s out of my Phenom II x6 @ 3.5GHz.  All I did was unpack teh binaries to my Litecoin directory where the original minerd was.  What else am I missing? Thanks!

I'm getting 31.5 khash/s out of mine.
What command line parameters do you pass, and how many threads show up in the output?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Any chance someone can modify this to work with Bitcoins and/or be compatible with GUIMiner?
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
rockin!  Thanks for the easy to read summary pooler!

AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor 2.60Ghz  ~ 3.86 khash/s  per core

What am I doing wrong?  I'm only getting a total of 7.4X KH/s out of my Phenom II x6 @ 3.5GHz.  All I did was unpack teh binaries to my Litecoin directory where the original minerd was.  What else am I missing? Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: