Pages:
Author

Topic: ANACS Casascius Grade Population Table (Updated: 18JAN16) - page 2. (Read 2282 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
MS70 0.5 Silver s2 - would pay 10 btc

I would be interested in that too.   Smiley

What sucks about ANACS in this case is that the series are not indicated.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
I will broker the sale for some of the 70s (not mine). A couple of 0.1s are available now, a couple of silver and golds will also probably be going on sale when they get back from ANACS, hopefully next week. Feel free to PM any offers for the 0.1s.

70s -- which (if any) are from hardbtc/you?

If hardbtc has been in contact with Mike recently, I'd potentially be interested in trying to put together an MS70 silver set with PGP docs.

MS70 0.1 Silver - would pay 2 btc
MS70 0.5 Silver s2 - would pay 10 btc
MS70 0.5 Silver s3 - would pay 2.5 btc
MS70 1.0 Silver - would pay 3 btc
MS70 1.0 Silver+Gold - would pay 3 btc

and 0.5 btc per coin for PGP docs. That's potentially an extra 2.5 btc for you & hardbtc to split, just for getting some documentation in order Cool
legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
I know of one Silver/Gilt that is MS-70 that is not part of Monkey's stash.

Cool, so as of now definately a 3:9 split then, silver:silver and gold. We can get a snapshot now, but assuming more 1's get 70's, it will become harder to track the split with time

I will broker the sale for some of the 70s (not mine). A couple of 0.1s are available now, a couple of silver and golds will also probably be going on sale when they get back from ANACS, hopefully next week. Feel free to PM any offers for the 0.1s.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I know of one Silver/Gilt that is MS-70 that is not part of Monkey's stash.
legendary
MONKEYNUTS
I know about 11 of the 12 1's that are 70s, as I have graded them with ANACS. Those 11 arent all mine though !!

3 are all silver. 8 are silver and gold. The 12th I have no knowledge of, so it could be either.

There are a number of owners, at least 4 people, probably 5 with that 12th coin.

Now all you need is someone reputable to confirm  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127
derp
So a brilliant little bird informed me that the MS70 Cas single population consists of a 3:1 mix of gold and silver. IE there exist 9 SILVER/GOLD and 3 ALL-SILVER graded MS70. Would LOVE for someone reputable to confirm or refute. Anyone in the know wish to share??
legendary
derp
There is quite an issue with their reporting.

Example - Doesn't even show a 25BTC coin filling the chart.  If you check the cert number that Blazed gave you, you will not see an indication of it being a 25BTC even though the actual grade shows it is.  I have confirmed this with a few cert numbers.  So, your chart shows the 25Bitcoin simply as a blank variety.  (Not your fault, just ANACS).

I can help populate the chart.  Smiley

Totally right, but I think a little insight into population data is better than zero insight. If can help confirm graded rarities (like the 10 or 25 coins), I'd be happy to tweak the data...
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
The population charts are pretty sad...ANACS needs to step up their game big time on these.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
There is quite an issue with their reporting.

Example - Doesn't even show a 25BTC coin filling the chart.  If you check the cert number that Blazed gave you, you will not see an indication of it being a 25BTC even though the actual grade shows it is.  I have confirmed this with a few cert numbers.  So, your chart shows the 25Bitcoin simply as a blank variety.  (Not your fault, just ANACS).

I can help populate the chart.  Smiley

legendary
MONKEYNUTS
The data is definately current, and updated promptly.

As soon as your gradings are available on the portal, they have been added to the population report (even before they are imaged, and return shipped)

I have seen this with a batch that is at ANACS currently
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752
Thanks for the effort dazedfool, much appreciated.

I am liking the position of my ms68 nickel...
legendary
derp
Looks good thanks.
There is less MS70's than i thought, I seen one for sale here not long ago, was that you Blazed?

Blazed sold a MS70 tenth a while back, only MS70 I've seen for sale around these parts.

No one seems to want to admit to having MS70 singles or the supposedly one-of-a-kinda MS70 half.

I'd love to sort out the breakdown between MS70 all-silver singles and MS70 gilt silver singles, tho! That'd be a great data point.

Also I have no idea how current the data is. If anyone has an open ANACS order or plans to send one in soon, feel free to let me know and we can track changes...
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
Looks good thanks.
There is less MS70's than i thought, I seen one for sale here not long ago, was that you Blazed?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
Very nice initiative dazedfool. Thumps up  Smiley
legendary
MONKEYNUTS
Look at tookdk 's sale thread, he has a graded bowl coin on there

Good work fella. Looks like I was right on the bundling of coins together, but not entirely right which ones. Thanks for clarifying
legendary
derp
Very true Ducatitalia. ANACS do not know about those old slabs that have been cracked and resubmitted and they will appear as additional new slabs, and the old ones will still have an entry

Also .... each of the unique varieties of coins that Mike did, will not be represented by a separate population report. Some of them are merged together as I recall. So same year, and same denomination, but different series or different metal could well be bundled together as a single population.

2013 0.5 silver / brass and also 2013 1.0 silver / brass spring to mind, as well as perhaps the 5 and 25 BTC series 1's and 2's (need to check those ones). I am pretty sure they have split out 2011 s1 and s2 though (due to the Casacius error in s1). The gilded coins have been split out from the ungilded though (definately the 1's, not sure on the 10's).

Let me know what ANACS reference numbers you are short DF, and I will try and help fill in any blanks.

It looks like the pop reports are there again, if you go through the certification search, they are then shown for the coin queried

Added a whole gob of data and a bit of wild-ass speculation. Need a ref# for the 2014 Bowl coin if available...
legendary
MONKEYNUTS
What I find interesting are the two MS62 coins, and I'd love to see what those look like exactly.  These don't circulate and unless someone actually handles them quite a bit, they shouldn't be below (I would say) MS65. 

And though ANACS is certainly a respected grading company, it'd be great if the other two of the big three (NGC, PCGS) would get into this and start grading physical bitcoins. 

Thanks for posting.

Reckon they (the 62s) will end up being brass coins rather than silver

The 0.1's (silvers without an equivalent brass) have a higher grade distribution, than the 0.5s and 1's that also have an equiv brass coin (which I am pretty sure is all bundled together in 1 pop report, if not for all, then definately for some )
legendary
MONKEYNUTS
Very true Ducatitalia. ANACS do not know about those old slabs that have been cracked and resubmitted and they will appear as additional new slabs, and the old ones will still have an entry

Also .... each of the unique varieties of coins that Mike did, will not be represented by a separate population report. Some of them are merged together as I recall. So same year, and same denomination, but different series or different metal could well be bundled together as a single population.

2013 0.5 silver / brass and also 2013 1.0 silver / brass spring to mind, as well as perhaps the 5 and 25 BTC series 1's and 2's (need to check those ones). I am pretty sure they have split out 2011 s1 and s2 though (due to the Casacius error in s1). The gilded coins have been split out from the ungilded though (definately the 1's, not sure on the 10's).

Let me know what ANACS reference numbers you are short DF, and I will try and help fill in any blanks.

It looks like the pop reports are there again, if you go through the certification search, they are then shown for the coin queried
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001
legendary
derp
Want me to post some cert #s?

2011 Brass - 4539807
2012 Brass - 4362007
2013 Brass Single - 4359096
2013 Brass Half - 4932755
5BTC - 4620876
10BTC - 4603809
25BTC - 4909059

Make a nice listing for us!!

Thanks Blazed.  I was going to go plug some of these numbers in and try to make a nice big table, but looks like the ANACS cert tool took a dump today.

Worked fine yesterday, now it's just some asp.net/AJAX error. Maybe they'll fix it next week...

So, need one of each type in order to get a full report?  (Or simply type in enough random cert numbers to get it?)

One cert of each type (or more accurately: year and denomination) will produce a population list for just that one type.
Pages:
Jump to: