Pages:
Author

Topic: AnaLCoin | SHA256 | POW/POS | 300k coins | IN-WLT TRDNG ! | LAUNCHED !!! - page 2. (Read 54393 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Agree with Vanity. Dev must commit to the bigger plan. If something is done it must be done properly.

signed
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Never realised such coin exists... Cheesy Any partnership with stuff like Wankcoin? haha

We have already been working behind the scenes to implement a collaboration with Wankcoin, XXXcoin, Tittiecoin and setup an Adult coin exchange.

Sounds good, man, thanks for the update Grin
Activity: 1498
Merit: 506
This post was inappropriate and posted during a time of personal and mental health issues, sorry.

This post was inappropriate and posted during a time of personal and mental health issues, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Nobody comes in here, after I have mined the coin solid for 2 weeks, and makes some claim over it, if anyone's done all the work round here its me.

THIS

Your efforts have been impressive and truthfully the only reason I have had any interest in this coin (joke or not, buttman is fucking hilarious)
DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

I have advised Billotronic to tell PressTab to stop the update to the Analcoin code and NOT submit any commits to the existing Analcoin Git until we have sorted out this dev issue.

Activity: 138
Never realised such coin exists... Cheesy Any partnership with stuff like Wankcoin? haha
Activity: 22
Merit: 1
Actually I'm not so happy with the decision to literally handover the whole idea of the coin, continuing to pay for the block explorer, the seed nodes, the domains and giving away all future plans and control into other hands, of course you can fork it into AnalCoin2 or whatever, but I'd really like to continue the project with the In-wallet trading, the android wallets etc. Its just not a matter of days.
Activity: 196
Analcoin.. if this coin takes off. a rebrand is surely a must!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
Thanks for digging into the code, can you just create a pull request so we can merge that into the code and update the daemon/wallets ?

No I don't work for free unfortunately. I only dug in this far because Billotronic is cashing in some of the OIU's that I owe him. I said I would be willing to take 0.5 btc equivalent in Analcoin (and this is actually way less then I normally charge which is $50/hour typically). If I am putting my neck on the line to pull off a hardfork for you, you all need to have some skin in the game and I need to have some incentive.

Anyways, I will wait for you all to make a decision, just let me know whether you will need me or not. And remember this is PoS, the stake holders have all the power Grin

Good luck guys!

And I have already stated that I cannot afford or I am not willing to pay 0.5 BTC for the fix plus ?? BTC for the Android Wallets.

I will try to get it fixed myself and I can also compile the android wallets, as everything is open source, but this won't happen within 24h. This was originally intended to be a long-time project, not a hype-pump-dump.

Again: There was no premine, no IPO/ICO and this was meant to be a long-time fun-project, not a 24h/7days a week all-time coding/paying project where additions can be done within days and pushed out flawless, this is not NEM or ARCH with big funding and crew behind it. No one was "hurt" by mining this coin, no one had to buy into a ICO/IPO with any promises here.
Oh this was not planned as a "Coin of Innovation" - it was mostly a hobby project and of course a funcoin.

We've already invested quite some funds into the Block Explorer - the domains etc. and of course want to proceed with the coin and your promo is awesome but we cannot work 24x7 on the coin since there was no premine at all and we're paying everything from our own pockets.

0.5 BTC is a lot without any funding, since you already organized some "crowdfunding" for giveaways etc. it'll probably best if we/you pay in analtoshis after the price has been fixed.

Nice of you to surface again after some time that the chain has been limping along with problematic POS and people have started making plans for a wallet fix and hard fork. Please be more active and present if you want to make sure that the coin is successful - hobby project or not. It is one thing to not have funds due to there being no pre-mine and that just impacts timelines and delivery of plans. It is a completely different thing to disappear and not show face. Even with no funds one can show face once in a while to say you are still around, do things like update OP and give direction or talk strategy. There is also a difference between 24/7 which no-one is asking for and 1 hour in 2 days or so at least. It is a requirement for major listings for a coin to have an active dev.

I am sure everyone is glad that you are around and I am sure that you agree that the number one priority now is to to fix the wallet, POS and do the hard fork. I still wonder how you missed the code errors?

This started as a two-man (fun-) project, one left the project for personal reasons, he might come back later sometime but for this time one person is currently left alone but I agree with you and I'll try to be more active.

The fix is currently most important - yes - however there are no funds left on my side to pay for that, so I might try to fix it on my own or - if the community likes to - a crowdfunding would be most desirable.
Oh this was not planned as a "Coin of Innovation" - it was mostly a hobby project and of course a funcoin.

We've already invested quite some funds into the Block Explorer - the domains etc. and of course want to proceed with the coin and your promo is awesome but we cannot work 24x7 on the coin since there was no premine at all and we're paying everything from our own pockets.

0.5 BTC is a lot without any funding, since you already organized some "crowdfunding" for giveaways etc. it'll probably best if we/you pay in analtoshis after the price has been fixed.

My friend Billotronic asked me to look at this coin for him to see whats up with it.

The staking code grabs the stake reward, and if the result is zero it returns false and no stake is found:
Code:
int64_t nReward = GetProofOfStakeReward(nCoinAge, nFees);
        if (nReward <= 0)
            return false;

I was able to verify that this is what was causing an otherwise good stake to fail.

The proof of stake reward code is very ugly and it is what is causing the chain to fail without transactions. I will show you a real example from the blockchain and the how the reward changes throughout this code. See my comments in red. This is a stake that happened with coin age = 1034
Code:
int64_t GetProofOfStakeReward(int64_t nCoinAge, int64_t nFees)
{
    int64_t nSubsidy = nCoinAge * COIN_YEAR_REWARD * 25 / (365 * 25 + 8); //2.5% per year interest compounded everytime we stake
    At this point nSubsidy = 8491185 (analtoshis)

Code:
    //first divide what we get by 100000000 so we don't have to write COIN all the time after it.
    //we multiply it by 100000000 later.
    nSubsidy /= 100000000;
Now nSubsidy is 0 because we can't make an integer smaller than 1.

Code:
    // 3 coins extra stake reward to give staking incentive 
    nSubsidy += 3;
now nSubsidy is 3
Code:
        //need more coins in the input to get the bigger rewards 
        if (nSubsidy < 10.010) nSubsidy = 0.010;
now nSubsidy is 0 again

Code:
       nSubsidy *= COIN;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
It remains 0 until the fees are added to the subsidy at the very end. So if no one is paying transaction fees, then no stakes will happen.

This requires a hard fork to fix.

Thanks for digging into the code, can you just create a pull request so we can merge that into the code and update the daemon/wallets ?

Pages:
Jump to: