Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 42 | Time to Revive 42 Coin - Everyone get in here!!! - page 2. (Read 357116 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Wrong!!!!

+1 Roll Eyes

The scammers at cryptsy will never let ANY their "limited supply" inhouse shitcoins die !

craptsy FTW !!

Activity: 540
Merit: 501
chickens and cryptos
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
thimo the dev
Sadlz this coin is pretty much done Sad
Activity: 128
Merit: 104
when hendo created the software of the 42coin, he found a new mineral in the cripto world. This mineral exists, although no one would it have imagined to create it, dont forget the text, "the maths existe although no one discover it". we use it.
And we know that never, in the all universe will found more that 42 pieces, it's a wonder found by someone who looked the other way.
I think that the people who have some coin on your property can feel privileged.
And possibly,who knows, maybe can be useful to change scarce resources in the future.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!

Ok - so what is the big deal?

Well everyone has to answer this for themselves, for me it's unforgeable currencies, which looks like a big deal.  That's why I pay attention, collect coins, follow alts, etc.    

The coin didn't fork - it continues to be mined and traded.  

These two statements are unrelated.  Any fork can be mined and traded, this doesn't mean other forks don't exist.

Start your other coin separately.

Not sure what you mean here.  Woodcoin reference perhaps?    

Honestly - do you really think people cared about the whole 42 coin cap thing?  Quite the gimmick, like so many alt coins.

Because nobody has responded otherwise, this is a confirmation of your statement.  Indeed, nobody cares about the total money supply!!  
This example doesn't bode so well for a 21million BTC cap on mainnet bitcoin does it.  

Edit: well perhaps the market showed some signs of caring

Merit: 100
http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93
**passes some mother of berry to sirslayer**

Yeah, I am also a little bit surprised with the total lack of interest in this coin.  Even at 2BTC per, that's 84 BTC here folks.  Not exactly nothing.  And not one person who is a holder is interested in seeing a coin with "only 42 coins to be mined"?   Hard to believe.  Easier to believe that nobody has a clue what coins are or how they work, which is perhaps even more depressing. 

If I had some 42coin, for sure I would be mining on the capped42 chain, declaring so here,  and posting my node's IP address.  I might publish binaries for the wallet and encourage people to join in the fun.  I might also change the version number to make it more clear what is going on but version numbers are just cosmetics.   

As it stands, I am an observer hoping to learn something by watching a hard fork go down.  In fact these things are damn rare in crypto; more people should be paying attention for that reason alone.  My wallet is showing no blocks in 4 days, stuck at block 990381.   

Funkenstien i dont like the idea of the two coins. I am not sure about what you're up too. 

just fork hendo coin and cap the chain to 420 coins. still rare and 420 is a better name anyway.

Just the idea... let me know what you guys think.

cool fact...hendo user name is hendo420.... 420 referenced hint hint!!!

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

Ok - so what is the big deal?

The coin didn't fork - it continues to be mined and traded. 

Start your other coin separately.

Honestly - do you really think people cared about the whole 42 coin cap thing?  Quite the gimmick, like so many alt coins.

legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
**passes some mother of berry to sirslayer**

Yeah, I am also a little bit surprised with the total lack of interest in this coin.  Even at 2BTC per, that's 84 BTC here folks.  Not exactly nothing.  And not one person who is a holder is interested in seeing a coin with "only 42 coins to be mined"?   Hard to believe.  Easier to believe that nobody has a clue what coins are or how they work, which is perhaps even more depressing. 

If I had some 42coin, for sure I would be mining on the capped42 chain, declaring so here,  and posting my node's IP address.  I might publish binaries for the wallet and encourage people to join in the fun.  I might also change the version number to make it more clear what is going on but version numbers are just cosmetics.   

As it stands, I am an observer hoping to learn something by watching a hard fork go down.  In fact these things are damn rare in crypto; more people should be paying attention for that reason alone.  My wallet is showing no blocks in 4 days, stuck at block 990381.   

Activity: 756
Going by Hendos remarks last year this coin should have been forked months ago
Activity: 540
Merit: 501
chickens and cryptos
OmG,..... someone said a while back that does bitcointalk.org has an influence on the bitcoin?

Why do I get a feeling about our 42 coin world is being directed by this post$ here at bitcointalk.org?? I don't understand why a fork that can be left alone haves to be 42 coin demise.. Dont fix it when its was 5.0 bitcoin strong??..  Lol . 42 coin doesn't need a leader , its survives on trust..
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
HippieTech, thanks for bringing that thread back into daylight.  

The only thing it is too late for here is a gentle reduction in mining reward towards a supply of 42 as I was suggesting back when I so posted.  

Hendocoin currently has a supply of 42.27 according to

http://42.blockexp.info/  

However, 42capcoin is capped at 42.  I'm not sure if there is even a valid block 990832 yet on that chain, I have a wallet back at the battlestation I can turn on and check later.  

If anyone feels like mining 42capcoin, they can just add that one line of code like my pull request:

https://github.com/funkshelper/42-limited-edition/commit/b007a96adbf77d5b217afd54e9e00e956938800c

and then, hey presto, you'll be mining for no coinbase reward and only fees if any, on that chain.  The way I see it the only people interested in such a chain would be bagholders, who probably tossed them in the landfill long ago Tongue    Too bad because it's a lovely doublespend opportunity.   Well, it would be if there were any volume on the coin.  And if there were more volume in the coin, this probably wouldn't be the current situation.  

Note that any on-chain transactions after the 42 was reached on hendocoin are not guaranteed to be included in 42capcoin, and vice versa.  

Review:

On July 25, 42coin was hard forked by 42.

When 42 supply cap was reached at block 990831, 42 coin forked into two coins, one I am calling hendocoin as always producing .000042 per 42 sec ad infinitum.  The other I am calling 42capcoin, produces no coinbase reward (hence, capped) and appears DOA as nobody is mining it, or at least they aren't reporting it here.  If nobody else does I will eventually rent some scrypt and mine block, just for the lulz of course.  

Activity: 658
How many coins are created right now?
legendary

We're still mining -- so how is it capped?

If funkenstein is correct, it is too late.

Regardless, everyone knows that the premine was dumped and that Craptsy rigged the order books/ balances.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4651738

This coin is a scam. Do your research.

Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

gl

We're still mining -- so how is it capped?

legendary
This thread --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/42-and-descendents-have-unlimited-coin-supply-hardcoded-fixed-444775 claims that the unlimited supply "error" was fixed.

This is obviously not the case..

The whole concept of 42coin is amazing. The rarity, creativeness and uniqueness gives the coin a tremendous potential that no other coin will likely never have. I firmly believe that in a few years it could easily reach the old value of 1,000 BTC. Even that would put the market cap at only 42,000 BTC. Cryptocurrencies will certainly gain popularity as the 1990's and early 2000's generation grows older and overall economy adopts the wide technical knowledge of todays kids.
And I see 42coin fitting right into the place of "diamond of cryptocurrencies".

There is just this one problem which propably all of you know: in five years only 42 42coins in existence won't be the case. Instead, there will be 180 42coins. The code doesn't cap the amount of total possible coins to 42. The whole foundation of the idea isn't there. This will, at worst, kill the coin. If, however the cap was there us current miners and pool owners would have a huge leverage.

There is something we can do to gain back the leverage: hard fork. I know it requires some sacrifices and effort but the benefits will easily be worth it.

Pool owners: You run the original 42coin pools and the future mining power flows to larger pools, your pool being one of them. The future price increase will likely over 10-fold the income made by your pools mining fees.
Miners/pool owners: hold the ridiculously easily earned 42coins now and you end up having a small fortune when the cap is filled. Nothing will limit the value of 42coin if the code gets fixed.

So now I ask you:
Pool owners, are you willing to implement the new version?
Coders, PM me if you're able and willing to make the changes to the code.

Thank you for reading

What part of the code dictates 180 coins?  Are you the first to discover that, or was there someone in the past that brought this up, as its the first I've seen it.  I question your motive as you just joined BCT and made this as your first post, which doesn't make much sense.

If your intentions are not to scam, then accept my apology, but this sounds very much like a scammy power grab trying to take advantage of a otherwise functioning and mature coin.  I only say this because you made the claim that 1) it would increase value 10 fold 2) promised pools they would be successful and make out well with fees 3) claiming miners will have small fortunes after the hardfork

Sorry, my scamdar went off.

See discussion at
https://github.com/fourtytwo42/42/pull/4

You guys have until mid July before you pass 42 coins issued. 
Good luck- 

Merit: 100
http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93
Lots of action in price lately, Has the coin switched hands?

What does that mean?  Who owns the coin?

2btc volume on 3btc marketcap.. Caught my attention

The coin belongs to the community now. there will only be 42coins. super rare...

2btc volume on 3btc marketcap.. Caught my attention

Pages:
Jump to: