Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 5TH/s Open for Sale. - page 2. (Read 9260 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 28, 2014, 03:55:06 PM
BTCOlympus is a scam.
No answers to email regarding my order. Promised I'd get my machine and a tracking number over a month ago, still nothing.
More emails and still no replies.
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
August 15, 2014, 03:53:22 AM
Your latest email is a bit naughty....

Subject: Poseidon 3Th/s Bitcoin miner amazing limited offer. Starting from $2500!

They don't start from $2500, they start from $5000
Prepay. 50% upfront.

Dogie did you get the equipment? Did you test it?

They promised a unit and then stopped replying soon after, so no testing.

Was there ever a batch 1 product?

Never seen any claim to have received one of these?
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
August 13, 2014, 01:42:02 AM
Dang that thing is huge but not bad for 5TH/s!
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
June 26, 2014, 06:36:10 AM
Not necessarily, they could just be using the BTC they accumulated to "pretend" to have a physical mine.

Until you see proof (video) of the equipment mining in a datacentre and the blockchain showing that the coins paid out were actually minted rather than just bought and sold, until then its just a sad ponzi scam.

^^^+1^^^
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
June 15, 2014, 09:46:20 AM
Not necessarily, they could just be using the BTC they accumulated to "pretend" to have a physical mine.

Until you see proof (video) of the equipment mining in a datacentre and the blockchain showing that the coins paid out were actually minted rather than just bought and sold, until then its just a sad ponzi scam.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
June 14, 2014, 11:09:17 PM
Dunno.  I haven't seen it, I was just doing a little educated guessing.  Last year they sold a ton of preorders for this Poseidon 3 unit as they call it.  They got the money, but never shipped any units (or some tiny amount like 10).  Now here they are a few months later offering cloud mining with Poseidon 3 units.  I was just putting two and two together; when I asked them this, they vehemently denied ever taking preorders and not delivering, then when I pointed out that THEY THEMSELVES told us about it in the OP, they said they didn't mean for it to happen, "it just happened".
Selling a ton a pre-orders then not shipping anything doesn't give confidence. Right there in itself is a scam and should be clearly stated.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #z28KGuUbeA4hYWci

Well yes, that is why I mentioned it, so anyone who does business with this company knows exactly what kind of scumbags they are dealing with.  

Lol you sound so hypocritical.  First you say they're a legitimate business because they have a cloudmining operation then you say they're scumbags.  Make up your mind!   Cool

I never said they were a legitimate business, and I have no idea what you read that gave you that impression.  What I said was that I personally do believe the miners are real, and that they stole them from their paying customers.  Not trying to get into an argument here but seriously, reread what I wrote, nothing I said was at all a positive endorsement  Smiley

Any one got a unit? Are these guys for real?

Also what date is June shipping?

If you ask if these guys are for real, you already know the answer to the question... Wink

No, they're for real.  They do have a cloud mining operation.  Where do you think those 750+ units they sold but never delivered went?

Maybe you should re-read what you write before posting.   Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
June 14, 2014, 11:06:02 PM
Dunno.  I haven't seen it, I was just doing a little educated guessing.  Last year they sold a ton of preorders for this Poseidon 3 unit as they call it.  They got the money, but never shipped any units (or some tiny amount like 10).  Now here they are a few months later offering cloud mining with Poseidon 3 units.  I was just putting two and two together; when I asked them this, they vehemently denied ever taking preorders and not delivering, then when I pointed out that THEY THEMSELVES told us about it in the OP, they said they didn't mean for it to happen, "it just happened".
Selling a ton a pre-orders then not shipping anything doesn't give confidence. Right there in itself is a scam and should be clearly stated.

Well yes, that is why I mentioned it, so anyone who does business with this company knows exactly what kind of scumbags they are dealing with.  

Lol you sound so hypocritical.  First you say they're a legitimate business because they have a cloudmining operation then you say they're scumbags.  Make up your mind!   Cool

I never said they were a legitimate business, and I have no idea what you read that gave you that impression.  What I said was that I personally do believe the miners are real, and that they stole them from their paying customers.  Not trying to get into an argument here but seriously, reread what I wrote, nothing I said was at all a positive endorsement  Smiley
better everyday ♥
June 14, 2014, 10:56:28 PM

June 14, 2014, 10:15:49 PM
Dunno.  I haven't seen it, I was just doing a little educated guessing.  Last year they sold a ton of preorders for this Poseidon 3 unit as they call it.  They got the money, but never shipped any units (or some tiny amount like 10).  Now here they are a few months later offering cloud mining with Poseidon 3 units.  I was just putting two and two together; when I asked them this, they vehemently denied ever taking preorders and not delivering, then when I pointed out that THEY THEMSELVES told us about it in the OP, they said they didn't mean for it to happen, "it just happened".

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
June 14, 2014, 09:59:58 PM
Dunno.  I haven't seen it, I was just doing a little educated guessing.  Last year they sold a ton of preorders for this Poseidon 3 unit as they call it.  They got the money, but never shipped any units (or some tiny amount like 10).  Now here they are a few months later offering cloud mining with Poseidon 3 units.  I was just putting two and two together; when I asked them this, they vehemently denied ever taking preorders and not delivering, then when I pointed out that THEY THEMSELVES told us about it in the OP, they said they didn't mean for it to happen, "it just happened".
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
June 14, 2014, 07:32:20 PM

If you ask if these guys are for real, you already know the answer to the question... Wink

No, they're for real.  They do have a cloud mining operation.  Where do you think those 750+ units they sold but never delivered went?

Real? We never saw any live demo of a unit. What chips do they use?

So they haven't delivered any Poseidon, but you say they are real just because they are offering cloud hashing? You or anyone else don't know what equipment are they using for their cloud hashing so assuming that they are real is just wrong. Until we see a real live product I would just stay away.
June 14, 2014, 07:28:10 PM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
June 14, 2014, 07:03:02 PM

June 14, 2014, 06:14:22 PM

better everyday ♥
June 14, 2014, 11:05:24 AM

Activity: 23
June 14, 2014, 05:31:21 AM

Activity: 42
June 13, 2014, 10:04:18 PM
This sale is a scam like http://minerscube.com which not more exists and now it is http://www.minersbox.com/ with the same photos but more TH/s on it, they try to sell it on russian forums too.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
June 07, 2014, 07:49:46 AM
So bulky...how would someone ever store this in a datacenter?
Pages:
Jump to: