Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AC3 - Blockchain For Content Creators an Educators - page 17. (Read 6996 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Thanks Dipsomaniac! We've had an overwhelming response from both the education community and crypto-community. Everyone is excited to see blockchain applied to online education  Smiley

Right now we have educators signing up daily to accept ACAD as payment for their courses. On our roadmap we project to hit 250 partnerships by the end of next year (January 2019) This includes educators on platforms like Udemy, YouTube, coursera, and dozens of others.

Direct message us on slack with any additional questions. Happy to help  Grin

Impressive that you've got so much inertia already. How many courses do you foresee to have on the platform in six months after the funding is completed?
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
Thanks for bringing this to our attention again. When this report was first brought up we removed the wallet from the post and contacted an external security team for a full security audit on the Windows wallet to make sure everything was safe.

They ran a full audit and reported those are false positives.

The Windows wallet, OSX wallet, and Linux wallet are all safe to download and are available on the homepage again.

Thanks for all your support.

Most of them look like false positives but we are getting the team to look into the matter before we put the link to the Windows Wallet back on this announcement.  Guessing you are getting the wallet via our Website link, from which we haven't removed the link yet.  I will advise the team to get that resolved as well while we wait for the ok to go ahead and roll out the Windows Wallet.

You're right... urgent answer on this one AcademyCoin team? I've installed the wallet, I want to be assured that I'm safe.

You should post the audit results on the website in such situations.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Impressive that you've got so much inertia already. How many courses do you foresee to have on the platform in six months after the funding is completed?

Appreciate the support bundo.

We are building some really exciting features for the AC blockchain  Wink

**HINT one is coming this week ***

This kind of coins should be appreciated, indirectly has supported educational facilities with bockchain technology makes it easier to access education
Hopefully the project is successful and the project is interesting
Good question xoof

"Proof of Creation" POC is starting with written course material for online educators. After we've hashed 1k documents on the blockchain our goal is to expand past written.

Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the question 2bfree. Payments are only the first feature to the AC blockchain." Proof of Creation" is the next feature we're deploying to allow educators to fully own their coursework. Effectively copyrighting (protecting) their material with hashes in our transactions. This creates a network of content on the blockchain. Thanks for the support!

Can't educators accept payment with one of the other 1000 coins?

Couldn't someone change one bit in the videos, then their entire hash would be different? I'm guessing that's the proof of creation mostly.
Thanks for the feedback on the Windows wallet.

Safety is a priority for us, so anytime you spot an issue similar to this in the future don't hesitate to email us directly

Exciting updates coming  Wink

Maybe you should email the antivirus companies that make those products and try to solve it with them. It's quite unacceptable to get false positives in a software product with this target market. Because it's one of the most attacked target markets out there, by hackers.
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
Maybe you should email the antivirus companies that make those products and try to solve it with them. It's quite unacceptable to get false positives in a software product with this target market. Because it's one of the most attacked target markets out there, by hackers.
As mentioned previously, we removed the windows wallet from the post when this was brought up the first time. Our team had a security team perform a full security audit on the Windows wallet to make sure everything was safe.

They ran a full security audit and reported those are false positives. This apparently happens often with wallets depending on the antivirus software used. 

OSX, Linux, and Windows are all safe for download.

psihotoc thanks for bringing this up as well. We've received a few reports about an issue with our Windows wallet.

To be safe, we will be removing it for now to inspect the issue. Both Linux and OSX wallets are safe to download and Windows will be back up shortly.

Thanks for the support!  Smiley

Please feel free to DM us on Slack with any questions moving forward.

Windows wallet still has virusses.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/95affe484178105ac51b7f0465a4768d9161ddb3f4c78ce9f5bb14de99b07b4e/detection
Thanks for the feedback and compliments ngocbkcse!

Continuing to build on a blockchain for education opens a lot of powerful doors for both educators and students globally! We're excited to be releasing some awesome new features including "Proof of Creation" in the next few months!