Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AfterEther, a new Ethereum network - page 4. (Read 2071 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
December 19, 2017, 10:13:29 AM
Theres already an Eth clone its called Ellaism... and hey there is no premine.

The premine is the least important thing here. The problem with all these Ethereum-like coins is that they fork Ethereum's source on Github and then its "relationship" with Ethereum is over. They change either block time or change something that make them different and by that they lose all the marketing value gained by Ethereum. They become another new (alt) coin, with their own rules. They have to market the coin on their own and gain trust in the coin from zero. What Ellaism shows is the denial of Ethereum's authority, or rebelion. They show disagreement of Buterin's authority so they lost all the trust of being an Ethereum-like coin. How can you be sure, they won't change something and become an incompatible coin? And without this trust, you can't treat Ellaism as 100% Ethereum.

What our coin is, is basically a copy of Ethereum. That is why it is called "After Ether", because we are going after Ethereum, not against it. It is not in our plans to change the rules of the game, if Ethereum Foundation changes something in the source code, we will update our sources too. In fact, our sources are done in a patch-like fashion , you can download go-ethereum tar ball, patch it , and you have got AfterEther's source. All our changes are clear, in a matter of 5 minutes you would understand that we are a "carbon" copy of Ethereum. And we do that (use patches) only because current source code doesn't allow configuration of the difficulty, reward and other parameters, otherwise, we wouldn't need to modify sources, just download ethereum source, change the chainID and you are done.

We are not a new coin. Think of us, as the same coin as Ethereum, but different network.

Activity: 132
Merit: 11
December 19, 2017, 07:31:09 AM
Guys, why are you creating a new project?  Huh
Everything you describe and even more already exists!   Wink
Get involved with the current project and help develop it.   Cool

[ANN] Ellaism: Ethereum network with no premine and no contentious hard forks
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ellaism-ethereum-network-with-no-premine-and-no-contentious-hard-forks-2168042

I'm sure you'll like it.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 03:05:39 AM
I think this is a good idea, but difficult to achieve
Activity: 672
Merit: 11
December 19, 2017, 02:55:35 AM
Please tell me when you are going to develop wallets for Windows?  This wallet also will be a console? This is uncomfortable for many. You have a road map? How do you see your development?
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 02:53:15 AM
This project could be successful, not so as Ethereum, but I think if developers will make good marketing, this tokens will have the value. I will make bookmark of this thread
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
EQUAL Network Token
December 19, 2017, 02:50:35 AM
What exactly is it in Afterether that will avoid the situation of the bottleneck created by Kitties?
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
December 19, 2017, 02:49:03 AM
I think you should give more details about your project. yes of course people in here needed website ,road map and bounty campaign on your project and we in here want to know how your project progresses.  
Activity: 68
December 19, 2017, 02:48:08 AM
I'm failing to see what this does better than ELLA, UBQ or PIRL. They are all ETH clones with their own twists.

Could you clarify how this project differs from those that makes this project unique?
Activity: 19
December 19, 2017, 02:39:23 AM
Fees aside, I don't think people want 10 gazillion coins that need 10 gazillion different wallets.  Huh
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Do More. Sell More. Be More Productive.
December 19, 2017, 02:34:41 AM

rgr that.  there's nothing unique about afterether.  ethereum is already an ico with huge premine.

ellaism is pure eth no premine.
Activity: 6
December 19, 2017, 02:30:30 AM
lol @ this. 

I think you should just look at Ellaism -

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ellaism-ethereum-network-with-no-premine-and-no-contentious-hard-forks-2168042

Much better place to invest your time or money Tongue

Activity: 82
Merit: 1
December 19, 2017, 02:26:48 AM
Activity: 102
Merit: 2
December 19, 2017, 02:20:35 AM
So, when will we start hearing more of this project?

And when will it appear on an exchange ?
This will me the next ETH Smiley
Activity: 8
December 19, 2017, 01:11:03 AM
Are you Buterin's son? You should be in order to create a better Ethereum.
not he is a Buterin of the future Grin
Activity: 88
Merit: 60
December 19, 2017, 12:54:13 AM

are you consider to make some thread with a nice design ,maybe. i think is not enough information about your project, where your roadmap and about your team . how much total supply for your ICO ? and where bounty campaign for promote your project, if there any bounty campaign how much token will you distributed Huh
thanks for your attention,please reply of my asking
there no explanation about that, i'm curious about the roadmap, bounty etc. still watch for this thread for more update.
Activity: 154
December 19, 2017, 12:50:05 AM

are you consider to make some thread with a nice design ,maybe. i think is not enough information about your project, where your roadmap and about your team . how much total supply for your ICO ? and where bounty campaign for promote your project, if there any bounty campaign how much token will you distributed Huh
thanks for your attention,please reply of my asking
Activity: 1330
Merit: 251
December 19, 2017, 12:31:09 AM
you say that your network is better and faster, it's good, but at the same time you take 5% yourself, if you want the same development as the air, then this is a very large amount, I think your future as a usual fork, which in a year will be forgotten, sorry for frankness, if I was harsh ...

this is not a fork, it starts with block 0
currently allocated: 5% (10 million) for the development of the team.
    and how many more will you collect the blocks while the others are tuned?
December 18, 2017, 09:13:45 PM
10m premine? No window wallet, no masternode no party man.
Just another ethereum like ethereum classic but this one is premine.

Wallet is coming early next year.
Yes, another ethereum , 100% compatible with the main net. Because people need it. Look at the CryptoKitties disaster and you will understand:

But the insanely viral trading game running on ethereum was most often cited, not as a success, but as an example of industry challenges. As put forward by developers and entrepreneurs, the world's second-largest blockchain just isn't ready to handle the buying, trading and mating of the crypto felines en masse.
https://www.coindesk.com/token-summit-scaling-cryptokitties/

If there would be another network of Ethereum, you wouldn't have scaling problems like we have today.
December 18, 2017, 09:04:36 PM
wouldn't it be better to start with a new name if its brand new network? too much all kinds of eth
Probably another name would be cooler, but this is the name we came up with. Btw, there are no much eths out there which are identical to Ethereum. Every network changes something, but we do not. Block time is the same, source code is almost the same. Other networks do not promise compatibility with Ethereum, but we do. So, we are the only network that assures your contract to be working the same way as on the Main Net.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
December 18, 2017, 09:02:55 PM
Already mineable?  Any pools?  No idea how to solo mine an ETH-based coin.
No pools yet, but solo mining is easy. Just follow the instructions here: http://afterether.org/mining.html
10m premine? No window wallet, no masternode no party man.
Just another ethereum like ethereum classic but this one is premine.
Pages:
Jump to: