Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets - page 50. (Read 75351 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
I checked the readpaper again and i find a piece that is important and i missed before:

"Game developer
After integrating the ALAX SDK into their app, the developers have a number of advantages.
ALAX will take care of distributing their game through the existing pre-installed channels.
After each transaction ALA tokens are transferred to the developer’s account. The obtained ALA
tokens can be used by the developer in a variety of ways: As a reward for the players to motivate
them, for marketing purposes or it can be transferred to FIAT and paid out. "

The thing is alax making the distrubition and transfering funds to developer account is probably will draw lots of game developers to alax ecosystem. And if game developers starts to use alax, gamers will follow them of course. This is really a great feature.

If they will able to attract some popular games then gamers will take a look to Alax, but that's not as easy as you think.
We've seen some indie games go very popular in the past, so we'll see

Alax would already have distribution and money transfer taken care of, but established developers also probably already have figured it out, so besides that, Alax needs something else to attract established game developers.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 200
Turkish Translator
I love gaming and blockchain. When they are combined, they improve each other
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
They have well known partner actively doing good business already which Dragon Fly and people related to games as developers or players know them. Decent on the other hand has gotten popularity and recognition as digital content distributed in future using DCore platform. This opportunity for small investors is approaching fast in few hours.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
I checked the readpaper again and i find a piece that is important and i missed before:

"Game developer
After integrating the ALAX SDK into their app, the developers have a number of advantages.
ALAX will take care of distributing their game through the existing pre-installed channels.
After each transaction ALA tokens are transferred to the developer’s account. The obtained ALA
tokens can be used by the developer in a variety of ways: As a reward for the players to motivate

The thing is alax making the distrubition and transfering funds to developer account is probably will draw lots of game developers to alax ecosystem. And if game developers starts to use alax, gamers will follow them of course. This is really a great feature.

If they will able to attract some popular games then gamers will take a look to Alax, but that's not as easy as you think.
We've seen some indie games go very popular in the past, so we'll see
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

Is there a percentage of the budget set aside for marketing? This is most often forgotten in crypto projects. Unfortunately!

According to the whitepaper, 20% of their budget will be dedicated to marketing, user acquisition and community outreach. And that's excluding partnerships.
Seeing the markte they want to target it doesn't have too much sende to start with iOS. They could launch the platform in iOS after success in Android.

But I guess if they launch an IOS platform, where there is a high probability of users buying up in Apple Store instead of ALAX platform because Apple devices may have some issues if the apps did not came from Apple store, so it would be useless effort to do so.

They are not planning to launch an iOS platform at all because iOS isn't very popular amongst the people they are focusing on. Or did they change their mind?

they're not? I must've missed that. anyway it's probably a good idea to focus on android, at least for now.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
Sometimes it is difficult to pass knowledge and potential simply by design, scope, but after presenting materials we always have the power to predict their success, with each game developed, it will certainly draw more attention to the platform, and this leaves me with hope of which will be a continuous and gradual growth.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

"Game developer

Activity: 546
Merit: 12
I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

Is there a percentage of the budget set aside for marketing? This is most often forgotten in crypto projects. Unfortunately!

According to the whitepaper, 20% of their budget will be dedicated to marketing, user acquisition and community outreach. And that's excluding partnerships.
Seeing the markte they want to target it doesn't have too much sende to start with iOS. They could launch the platform in iOS after success in Android.

But I guess if they launch an IOS platform, where there is a high probability of users buying up in Apple Store instead of ALAX platform because Apple devices may have some issues if the apps did not came from Apple store, so it would be useless effort to do so.

They are not planning to launch an iOS platform at all because iOS isn't very popular amongst the people they are focusing on. Or did they change their mind?
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
We need these kinds of projects to start using the new technologies of all these newer blockchains. It is good because it will really put them to the test. DECENT boasts 5 second blocks I think. That's awesome. But what happens when you have 20 million people logging their TETRIS scores on it while 30 million people are downloading The Angry Birds Blockchain Edition? We will see soon I hope.

Blockchain should be used only for transactions not for the content.

In my opinion if anyone will make in the future a blockchain based videogame, for example a MMORPG, where items are permanently stored into blocks, they should use a dedicated blockchain for one game, or else I don't see how it can work properly

I don't see the point why you should store a whole game on the blockchain. For games like MMORPGs a blockchain based payment system for the subscription and or purchases on a market etc would be far enough in my eyes.

Duping items and scam people are a part of many RPG, aRPG, MMORPG, if you can track an item's lifecycle from the very moment it drop to a moment before your trade, I bet that scammers and dupers will have a difficult life
Activity: 476
We need these kinds of projects to start using the new technologies of all these newer blockchains. It is good because it will really put them to the test. DECENT boasts 5 second blocks I think. That's awesome. But what happens when you have 20 million people logging their TETRIS scores on it while 30 million people are downloading The Angry Birds Blockchain Edition? We will see soon I hope.

In my opinion if anyone will make in the future a blockchain based videogame, for example a MMORPG, where items are permanently stored into blocks, they should use a dedicated blockchain for one game, or else I don't see how it can work properly

I don't see the point why you should store a whole game on the blockchain. For games like MMORPGs a blockchain based payment system for the subscription and or purchases on a market etc would be far enough in my eyes.

What about character data like inventory and money? Could be a great advantage to account security as well
Many in a few years after evolving current blockchain technology it makes easier to do that. But nowadays I'm not sure if that will work properly.

The idea of storing inventory  and ingame money on the chain sounds interesting. Maybe it would be neough to just store the hash value of these data though. Blockchain bloating will become a huge problem otherwise.
Using blockchain for other uses than storing money will give a massive problem. It won't be good for the whole cryptos world.

The blockchain size would get too big very fast. There are solutions to this problem such as pruning the chain but we will see how the tech evolves.
Activity: 462

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

What about character data like inventory and money? Could be a great advantage to account security as well
Many in a few years after evolving current blockchain technology it makes easier to do that. But nowadays I'm not sure if that will work properly.

The idea of storing inventory  and ingame money on the chain sounds interesting. Maybe it would be neough to just store the hash value of these data though. Blockchain bloating will become a huge problem otherwise.
Using blockchain for other uses than storing money will give a massive problem. It won't be good for the whole cryptos world.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
when the ico will ends?
Its TGE, Start of the TGE is planned for Tuesday 17 April 2018, 10:30AM UTC. The duration of the ALAX TGE is 6 days. This means that the TGE ends on Monday, 23 April 2018 at 10:30AM UTC.
Btw The private TGE is already live.

How does one qualify for the private sale?
Only for contributors with 500+ ETH  Grin , just contact them if you want to contribute.

500+ Wow!

It is not that easy to come up with.

I know some private sale groups but still 500 eth!
Activity: 476

Activity: 462

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

He is worried about the blockchain bloat, and congestion like how we had bad experience with ethereum cats, new blockchain are coming up with sidechains and I think they will fix the issue of those concerns
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

He meant just the property of the objects/ites so that it would make them truly yours, not controlled by the game dev themself, it makes sense. In any case blockchain can really add value to certain type of games
Pages:
Jump to: