Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets - page 46. (Read 75351 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 1
As an investor, no softcap policy is a good in a short term investing, but as i want to see you thrive, how does this actually work if you'll get less then 100 eth? I am not saying you do but how would your future plan differ from getting hardcap worth of eth?

No softcap policy sometimes lead to the misunderstanding condition. What if they get very small investment? How the project will be developed if they had only small capital? If for example they already have the fund from their own pocket, why they make an ICO?

Whitepaper doesn't provide much details regarding this issue. It just says that the project will continue regardless the amount raised.

Maybe they have raised some seed capital from institutional investors or business angels so that the soft cap is secured already.

But shouldnt they mention something like that somewhere like in this thread or even in the whitepaper? I mean, its an important information
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
As an investor, no softcap policy is a good in a short term investing, but as i want to see you thrive, how does this actually work if you'll get less then 100 eth? I am not saying you do but how would your future plan differ from getting hardcap worth of eth?

No softcap policy sometimes lead to the misunderstanding condition. What if they get very small investment? How the project will be developed if they had only small capital? If for example they already have the fund from their own pocket, why they make an ICO?

Whitepaper doesn't provide much details regarding this issue. It just says that the project will continue regardless the amount raised.

Maybe they have raised some seed capital from institutional investors or business angels so that the soft cap is secured already.
Activity: 798
Merit: 115

Activity: 583
Merit: 13
Only two days left until our TGE starts! Do you have your ETH wallet ready? You will need one to receive your ALX tokens. If you need a help, you can check our guide how to create one.

Will there be a KYC procedure?

Yes, there will be a KYC. Link to the KYC form should be included in the confirmation email.
Activity: 672
Merit: 261
Hi, in the website it says

"If the participant is not a citizen or resident of a country, whose legislation conflicts with obtaining or distributing cryptographic tokens, then they can participate in our TGE."

Can people from the United States participate in this?

I think they can, if the token is not a security, which is not from what i read about the project. In any case the team is often passing in and answering questions, if i'm wrong he will give you the answer   

is there gonna be a KYC in the TGE? if not then anyone can participate. if yes, then you might be out of luck.

I think there will be a KYC as this is getting standard these days in ICOs. Of course not 100% sure but I don't think they will skip on this.

Which ICO does not require KYC ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 112

"If the participant is not a citizen or resident of a country, whose legislation conflicts with obtaining or distributing cryptographic tokens, then they can participate in our TGE."

I think they can, if the token is not a security, which is not from what i read about the project. In any case the team is often passing in and answering questions, if i'm wrong he will give you the answer   

is there gonna be a KYC in the TGE? if not then anyone can participate. if yes, then you might be out of luck.

I think there will be a KYC as this is getting standard these days in ICOs. Of course not 100% sure but I don't think they will skip on this.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

Activity: 672
Merit: 261
Hello everyone. With whom I can talk about the proposal of advertising integration? Thanks!

Use the contact us form in their official website ?
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

Activity: 159
Hello everyone. With whom I can talk about the proposal of advertising integration? Thanks!
Activity: 182

Yes you can, its also stated in the Whitepaper. This is more or less something like a disclosure
Activity: 71
Merit: 0

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

A soft cap does make sense, but maybe they are confident enough to know that they raise sufficient money to make the project happen.

They are big enough to do it without an ICO actually, but they need to distribute tokens. That's why they are conducting an ICO. They could even only do an airdrop instead but of course they wanna raise money.
Activity: 668
Merit: 257

A soft cap does make sense, but maybe they are confident enough to know that they raise sufficient money to make the project happen.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
I like this beautiful project. Great team members
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
The TGE start soon, two days to wait more. Let’s see if with the little restart of the market it will profit to ico and go alax. The visibility of the project seems nice, so I think there will be some investors. At least I think they can raise enough fund to develop the project.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
As an investor, no softcap policy is a good in a short term investing, but as i want to see you thrive, how does this actually work if you'll get less then 100 eth? I am not saying you do but how would your future plan would differ from getting hardcap worth of eth?

I think they have a plan for this of course but this project has enough ability to reach expected investments, now the market is on the rise again also advantage for them.

They seem to be really ambitious, since the token sale will last just for a week. I hope they know what they are doing. Markets, however positive our expectations are, still haven't completely recovered.
This is good for investors, there will be a possibility of growth on exchanges, as many will not have time to participate in ICO.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

Google play does not have very strong position on China's market and as we are going to focus on unbanked people - Google play is not much of a competition for us since you need a credit/debit card if you want to buy app/game there. There is a lot of other competitors but none of them is using the blockchain - they are using mobile network operators to process the payments and they have really high fees (30 - 70% from the price of the app). Therefore we think we have a really good chance to succeed since we will have better price and we are focusing on the unbanked segment of customers.

So you are saying that your store will advertise itself? Is this correct? Cause you didnt cleary answer the question about your marketing strategy

We are preparing several marketing activities which should help to get our Store even to the phones where it is not pre-installed. It should be in a form of a contest but I cannot say any more at the moment. We are now focusing on TGE and contracts with mobile phone manufacturers. Then there will be a development and only then will come marketing activities towards customers.

With which phone manufacturers you have partnership already? And why they agree for your platform if this still not ready?  Roll Eyes
Its gionee, one of China's and India's largest smartphone manufacturers who shipped nearly 33 million smartphones worldwide in 2016.
This is the full article https://www.inc.com/darren-heitner/how-a-mobile-gaming-marketplace-plans-to-take-over-asia.html

I missed that article, thanks for sharing. I heard Gionee but its not popular on my country, but 33 million phones is quite a good number i think.
I think it’s important to aim both android and iOS, there is user and market on both. Emerging markets has more users with android I think. It will b intéressant to see how the alax store will work and how it will connect devs and customers.

Alax is concentrating on unbanked countries and iOS users probably do have credit/debit cards. So I'd say it's better to make Android their priority, especially in the beginning, when financial resources are limited.

How you going to adversite your store? The important part in succes - marketing. And there are will be very hard compete with such store like Googleplay.

Google play does not have very strong position on China's market and as we are going to focus on unbanked people - Google play is not much of a competition for us since you need a credit/debit card if you want to buy app/game there. There is a lot of other competitors but none of them is using the blockchain - they are using mobile network operators to process the payments and they have really high fees (30 - 70% from the price of the app). Therefore we think we have a really good chance to succeed since we will have better price and we are focusing on the unbanked segment of customers.

So you are saying that your store will advertise itself? Is this correct? Cause you didnt cleary answer the question about your marketing strategy

We are preparing several marketing activities which should help to get our Store even to the phones where it is not pre-installed. It should be in a form of a contest but I cannot say any more at the moment. We are now focusing on TGE and contracts with mobile phone manufacturers. Then there will be a development and only then will come marketing activities towards customers.

With which phone manufacturers you have partnership already? And why they agree for your platform if this still not ready?  Roll Eyes
Its gionee, one of China's and India's largest smartphone manufacturers who shipped nearly 33 million smartphones worldwide in 2016.
This is the full article https://www.inc.com/darren-heitner/how-a-mobile-gaming-marketplace-plans-to-take-over-asia.html

I missed that article, thanks for sharing. I heard Gionee but its not popular on my country, but 33 million phones is quite a good number i think.
i also missed this article i only read it now, i had not felt about this gionee is not present in my country but if it has 33 million possible users in china/asia is a good partnership...
Pages:
Jump to: