Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake] - page 20. (Read 115857 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Is some where good tutorial how to build own crypto coin QT wallet for Windows? I can comple client for Linux and wallet seems working there fine but I try to also lear build Qt wallet for Windows.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #20ZoFR3ycTa5dPQq

It's a real pain in the behind. I spent ages tryng to set up BOOST and QT on MingGW, but after about 20 "issues" (eg a patch required to fix a compile error) I felt I was wandering into "hack" territory - too much work to compile a specific set of libraries for a particular coin, that would probably end up broken again if anything ever changed.

Have a look at Gitian, which uses a virtual machine under Linux to provide a consistent OS install for cross compiling a Windows executable. The config files (*.yml) for ADTv2 seem to be valid, and are located in contrib/gitian-descriptors/ . You need to build boost, qt, deps first (at each step, move the zip created from build/out to inputs/ ), then do the final gitian-win32 client build.

Once the compile succeeds, try modifying the YML files to work with newer libraries. In particular, I would update openssl.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Not much i can do. I dont code PoS coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
any news anyone?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Is some where good tutorial how to build own crypto coin QT wallet for Windows? I can comple client for Linux and wallet seems working there fine but I try to also lear build Qt wallet for Windows.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #20ZoFR3ycTa5dPQq
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
sorry i have been very busy and havent had time to keep onto of everything the last week i will post an update somtime tonight or erly tomorow
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
It's best not to wait, and always be looking at alternatives. E.exchangers source is up so you could run it in testnet to isolate where the issues are, everyone makes notes on their tests, and then amend them all into a package.
Activity: 786
All we need is a reliable dev, with time, to implement the features we already discussed and finalized.  This isn't brain surgery...

Soooooo where is Zack? Are there people still working on fixing the coin? Is there an estimated time of completion? I'm so lost now to what is going on.

Zack is waiting for e.exchanger but he will never finish.   
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
All we need is a reliable dev, with time, to implement the features we already discussed and finalized.  This isn't brain surgery...

Soooooo where is Zack? Are there people still working on fixing the coin? Is there an estimated time of completion? I'm so lost now to what is going on.
Here is my diff list between https://github.com/exchanger/ADTv2-source/ and https://github.com/CryptoRepairCrew/Android-Token-V2
http://pastebin.com/qkPAn91R

Seems there is done something?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #A3zOFdNupQy495r2
Hmm there seem lots difrence between https://github.com/CryptoRepairCrew/Android-Token-V2 and https://github.com/exchanger/ADTv2-source/search?q=ADT&ref=cmdform
My compare file can be see here http://pastebin.com/e8si9v7k
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #G6W4YCZn1aze6jEm
legendary

It's more than just what % of stake people get per year, it's also about block formulation, how staking periods pay out rewards and how each block is found. Personally I think having POW at all is a security risk https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/security-analysis-of-powpos-hybrids-with-low-pow-reward-551861 and would be better to use Proof of Stake only rather than a hybrid with low Proof of Work reward.

Also, E.exchanger delivered to me what I had asked for and I am running a fully self contained POS only network with an average Blocktime of 1 minute. It wasn't exactly what I had wanted as it is based on Communitycoin which is a simpler design but I had also asked him to do it in the way that he can do, opposed to trying to step too far out of the comfort zone and make mistakes.

Here is a picture of the network I am working with

It is 38 Billion Float at 10% the first year
1 Minute Block time
7/15 day max weight

This is about 4-5% of the float and becomes a snapshot of how an entire POS only network would stake.

One of the issues may simply be that ADTv2 was swapped with the exchanges and so few people withdrew and the stake period is so far out that the exchanges are holding a lot of big blocks but when people are withdrawing from the exchange it is breaking up the blocks and making it so they can't stake and support the transactions. Most of the exchanges also turn off their staking which would allow to stake at maximum weight if they turn it on so it represents a large security risk in that on one hand you have a low POW reward and on the other hand you have a low amount of accumulated coinage outside the exchanges.

I would suggest also looking at how blocks are picked for transactions and are broken up during the staking process because most people that also have a POS wallet may not realize they may be disrupting their oldest blocks any time they are making a transaction.

If you would like, I can also show you guys the effects of 90% of the coins of the float staking at maximum weight and it's effects on the network in terms of difficulty, orphans and lag.

Disclaimer: I hold no position in ADTv2, these are merely suggestions since Zack has helped me quite a bit
Activity: 786
legendary
Yep, What we should do?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ugx1dJg9KYIWyXhz

Create a test coin to try out different parameters and strategies? I found it taught me a lot about more of the subtleties of POS.
Yep, What we should do?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ugx1dJg9KYIWyXhz
Activity: 350
...I've said that 8 months ago.
Activity: 301
网络·自由·客
Great lets work together and stop playing around  Grin

+1
Lets work together.
legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
i have asked e.exchangers to make sure he uploaded the corect stuff to github and warned him that if its not fixed i will start a scam acusation against him on here and take legal action against him
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
yep definitely

diff -r /path/to/your/source/ /path/to/exchangers/source/
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
So what now?

-tb-
Activity: 518