Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] bitaddress.org Safe JavaScript Bitcoin address/private key - page 3. (Read 152995 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 18
Nice that this website is still live. I mentioned it in an article about Bitcoin I wrote for the 2600 magazine (The Hacker Quarterly), which was published in the autumn 2013 issue, with the brain wallet "Frank test for 2600" for whoever of the readers got it first. Of course was claimed shortly after the magazine was printed (no ebooks of 2600 back in 2013).

BTW, the donations address currently contains 36.4 BTC, worth $1.7 million. Nobody should say open source is not profitable Grin
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Does Anyone Know?

Is there a specific reason why bitaddress.org
generates randomness over 512 hex characters?
Activity: 1
Why does bitaddress.org (and indeed older versions) also accept mini private keys whose test byte is "01"?
Is the information on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mini_private_key_format wrong, where it says that the test byte must be "00"?

I first thought this was a bug, but it looks like it was intentionally programmed that way:

line 5939:  
Code:
return ((testBytes[0] === 0x00 || testBytes[0] === 0x01) && (validChars22 || validChars26 || validChars30));
Activity: 12
Hi guys! It would be wonderful if with bitaddress.org it was possible to generate SegWit wallets (also protected with BIP38). Is it possible to implement this function? I would be willing to pay to see this possibility realized...
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
thank you for your reply. i've been looking and i think when brainwallet was implemented for first time, it already had sha256 algoritm. there's any chance of earlier versions generating different adresses with brainwallet?

I do not think that's possible. The latest version generates the same wallet address for me as the earliest version.
Activity: 4
thank you for your reply. i've been looking and i think when brainwallet was implemented for first time, it already had sha256 algoritm. there's any chance of earlier versions generating different adresses with brainwallet?
Activity: 4
i have a problem, i did create a brainwallet with one of the first versions back at 2011, how can i get that versions with sha1? please i need help.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1ninja1bumhsotxozbrbetr8lef9tgbzbn-5319378 this thread brought me here  Grin

Congratulation @pointbiz Grin some little giveaway maybe  Grin Grin

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN

don't forget with BCH and other bitcoin fork that have value  Grin Grin
Activity: 177
Merit: 32
you're right, even the embedded images, excuse my ignorance of not checking the file before
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
hmm, but this won't verify just the .html file and all its imported .js files are left unverified? I thought you're gonna verify the entire .zip containing both html and its js libs... or the .js files cannot be changed while the original .html is not touched?
I believe the bitaddress.org.html file already has all the Javascript code embedded on itself. It doesn't import any outside file, so you don't have to worry about anything else. You can even delete the other files and it will run just fine.
hmm, but this won't verify just the .html file and all its imported .js files are left unverified? I thought you're gonna verify the entire .zip containing both html and its js libs... or the .js files cannot be changed while the original .html is not touched?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
I have troubles verifying the .zip from github with the provided pgp key... how do you verify this .zip offline in Ubuntu?
What exactly is the issue?

Manually move his public key to the offline device (through a flash drive, etc...) and import it:
Code:
gpg --import ninja_bitaddress.org.txt

Move the .zip, extract it and verify the .html file with the .html.sig file.
Code:
gpg --verify bitaddress.org.html.sig bitaddress.org.html

It should return: Good signature from "ninja <[email protected]>" [expired]
I have troubles verifying the .zip from github with the provided pgp key... how do you verify this .zip offline in Ubuntu?
Activity: 630
Merit: 767
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
bitaddress.org is back up.

Does anybody know what happened with this project and its creator pointbiz?
Last time he was active only on July 2, 2018 (more than a year ago).
IMHO I'd say this project is a little obsolete after the advent of some more modern projects like https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ wich you're still able to download and use it offline...
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Project was last updated December 2016.
2016-12-23 on changelog,   Latest commit on github 72aefc0 on Dec 24, 2016.

Better download the latest zip and keep a local copy, besides you're supposed to use it offline.

I have a bunch of different assorted offline wallet generators including this one.

Activity: 443
Merit: 350
bitaddress.org is back up.

Does anybody know what happened with this project and its creator pointbiz?
Last time he was active only on July 2, 2018 (more than a year ago).
Activity: 1372
Merit: 512
Just waiting till they got some new paper wallet designs. The one they have is nice but I like the see some more templates to choose from.
Pages:
Jump to: