Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBot - A Crypto-Currency trading bot and Backtesting platform (FREE) - page 4. (Read 13962 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Hello, I am intersting to know how your bot is working ?
When your bot know that he can sell and when your bot know that he must buy ?
I think it is a good idea to put it in description, many guys prefer to know how works a trading bot before using it.
Activity: 42
it can use with window home pc?
or must use vps?
Activity: 6
i tried to run the backtester but you need kraken/bitstamp api?

i thought backtesting is just to test with random numbers? why do you need access to an exchange?
Activity: 48
v0.9.0 Released, Database layer rewrite and performance enhancements (Less memory usage).
New version tonight! Getting closer to the 1.0 release that will include Cryptsy support.
Activity: 8
great! thanks for the update Smiley
V0.8.5 Stability & troubleshooting improvements
V0.8.4 Simplified exchange interface code and fixed the bug that should have been fixed in the previous release (PLEASE UPGRADE)
I just got an email from Kraken:

Code:
Fiat to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.30% to 0.05%. The new fee structure ranges from 0.35% to 0.10%. Why the increase? The old fee structure was a promotional rate designed to support liquidity during our first year of operation. The promotional fee structure is not sufficient to sustain the level of service we provide and wish to continue providing. Fast execution, innovative features, exceptional support, high security - that's what Kraken is about.
Digital currency to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.20% to 0.05%. The new fee structure will range from 0.10% to 0.05%. Why the decrease? Our aim is to strive for simplicity and encourage trading in selected alternative digital currencies in order to support the digital currency ecosystem. Further, we are delisting several pairs which means that some trades may now require two hops where they previously only required one.

Is BitBot able to handle those changes?

No worries, BitBot dynamically queries your personal trading fee, so everything should keep on working Smiley.
Important patch release for Kraken exchange users v0.8.3:
Fixed a bug that might cause the order monitor not to pick up on a cancelled order.
I just got an email from Kraken:

Code:
Fiat to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.30% to 0.05%. The new fee structure ranges from 0.35% to 0.10%. Why the increase? The old fee structure was a promotional rate designed to support liquidity during our first year of operation. The promotional fee structure is not sufficient to sustain the level of service we provide and wish to continue providing. Fast execution, innovative features, exceptional support, high security - that's what Kraken is about.
Digital currency to digital currency trades:
The old fee structure ranged from 0.20% to 0.05%. The new fee structure will range from 0.10% to 0.05%. Why the decrease? Our aim is to strive for simplicity and encourage trading in selected alternative digital currencies in order to support the digital currency ecosystem. Further, we are delisting several pairs which means that some trades may now require two hops where they previously only required one.

Is BitBot able to handle those changes?
Bugfix is working, confirmed Smiley
v0.8.2 Fixed the push service bug and a bug when using the Bitstamp API.
Important: If you have used this bot or any other Bitstamp bot before and are receiving invalid nonce errors, I recommend generating a new API key on the Bitstamp website.
Bug Report:

Code:
/root/BitBot/services/pushservice.js:46
      this.logger.log('Push notification sent!');
                  ^
TypeError: Cannot call method 'log' of undefined
    at /root/BitBot/services/pushservice.js:46:19
    at IncomingMessage. (/root/BitBot/node_modules/pushover-notifications/lib/pushover.js:133:8)
    at IncomingMessage.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:117:20)
    at _stream_readable.js:920:16
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:415:13)

I'm disabling the Push-service for now...

Version: 0.8.0

Thanks for spotting the issue! That's an easy fix, I'll publish v0.8.1 with the bug fix in a couple of hours.
Bug Report:

Code:
/root/BitBot/services/pushservice.js:46
      this.logger.log('Push notification sent!');
                  ^
TypeError: Cannot call method 'log' of undefined
    at /root/BitBot/services/pushservice.js:46:19
    at IncomingMessage. (/root/BitBot/node_modules/pushover-notifications/lib/pushover.js:133:8)
    at IncomingMessage.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:117:20)
    at _stream_readable.js:920:16
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:415:13)

I'm disabling the Push-service for now...

Version: 0.8.0
v0.8.0 Released! Lot's of changes to the code (Modularity), but no extra features. Please report any bugs you encounter.
This looks promising, i'll try using it Smiley
Also, i'm a software developer... Any ways i could help you with anything?

v0.8.0 will be released this weekend and will include a lot of changes to the project. Be sure to update when it gets released :-).
I always appreciate bug reports, or as a developer have a look through the code code and let me know if you see anything that could use improvements :-).
This looks promising, i'll try using it Smiley
Also, i'm a software developer... Any ways i could help you with anything?
v0.7.8 Fixed a bug in the Kraken API wrapper

Important bugfix, ordermonitor wasn't monitoring Kraken orders correctly.
Very nice project. Why not to use https://github.com/oransel/node-talib, you'll get 100+ indicators without the need to develop them from scratch. Bittrex support would be also nice.
Planning to look deeper into source, looks like it's a good base for developing custom bots.
Great work, thank you for publishing it Smiley

Thanks for the feedback! See my comments below:

- I've had a look at TA-LIB in the past but at this time I prefer to stick with these pre-packaged indicators I have. I'm 100% sure they work as intended and the best indicators are often the ones you make yourself as you'll be able to "beat the system". I might add support for TA-LIB at a future date, but at the moment it's low priority.

- Added Bittrex to my to-do list, but I'll add support for exchanges in order of volume, so I'll probably work on bigger exchanges first and move from there.
Pages:
Jump to: