Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 589. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
I know many who got burned really badly by BCC; it won´t be easy to build up confidence again (if there ever was)

Some of us have been confident all along. Smiley

Expect turbulence through January's Coinbase dump. Large positive inflection at that time +/- 4 months.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Valerie, spokesperson for cryptocoincharts.info
so what is everyone's best guess at the effect of people, probably foolishly, buying bitcoin to benefit from the upcoming possible forks on bch's price?

is it gonna pop once it's all over?
I think they're smart for buying bitcoin, and foolish for anticipating free money from these forks that might not have replay protections.
That is my opinion on the strategy ( not a bad one if it works out but risk reward meh without replay guarantees)

ATHs for BTC continue on up to the 2x fork, if and after the fork occurs it's anybodies guess, could be a mess, could be cyrpto-mecca for the markets when big money rolls in after the all clear.

Bgold exchanges are suspect, hitbtc, bitstar, beatcoin, yobit are who are listed here btcgpu.org
They chart as providing replay protection, but there are claims that it hasn't been implemented, be careful.

Is replay protection or the threat of omitting an over-exaggeration, I don't know, but if players are playing anything is possible.

Will altcoins get a nice swell afterwards like with the BCH fork?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
so what is everyone's best guess at the effect of people, probably foolishly, buying bitcoin to benefit from the upcoming possible forks on bch's price?

is it gonna pop once it's all over?
We are witnessing the Korean Won power
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/#markets

Someone better let S Korea know that BCC is dead, looking in tek's general direction  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
i'm sorry. why is it BCH in Poloniex?

The BCC ticker was already taken by Bitcoin Connect. BCH is an acceptable alternate ticker. However, Polo does not list Bitcoin Connect. 
Activity: 490
i'm sorry. why is it BCH in Poloniex?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Isn't every coin descended from bitcoin?  I only know of a few: NXT, NMC, XMR that have a codebase written from scratch. And I can't imagine anyone walking away from their millions in investment.

Getting away from the toxic people is not that hard. Except in the case of the remaining BTC Kore team. They're persistent buggers. Garzik seems like a massive sellout as well. I really don't have a good outlook on the upcoming 2x fork sh!tshow. Pretty surprising to see BTC soar to almost 6k right now!

Good to see BCH price show a little go-fast. Is it just me, or has the old meme of "blame the Chinese" become "blame the South Koreans"?

i meant stuff directly descended from bitcoin, such as however many bitcoins we end up with by the end of this year.

bitcoin has glaring enough faults for people to be able to hijack it in their favored direction. in the meantime alts have the chance to correct that stuff before it can become a wound to pick at.

of course it's wishful thinking, but i can only speak for myself. most people are gonna stay put no matter what happens.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
If Kore's 1xBTC fork dies in a death spiral, which really could happen due to sudden hashrate loss and/or an attack from miners, this will cause a major loss of confidence in BTC as a store of value. Sure, people can say "Oh, BTC is 2x now, we knew it all along.", but what about those who lost funds being on the wrong side of history clinging to their 1x coins? Those will be practically worthless!

Personally, I started losing confidence in BTC 2 years ago when it became clear that the scaling wouldn't ever get done. That's what created the whole market for alts IMHO. And that's why BCH has tremendous potential to pick up where BTC left off - with 8x the transaction capacity with 4000x lower fees.

Of course all the Kore minions will be emotional. But what choice will they have? Follow the longest chain supported by the most hashpower, or be left behind.

in that scenario i would consider any coin that was descended from bitcoin a failure and would never have anything to do with any of them again.

it doesn't matter what the lead coin is, the same politics and people would infect it and the process would start over and each time it would get weaker.

better to wash our hands of bitcoin, take the lessons it taught us and move on.

Isn't every coin descended from bitcoin?  I only know of a few: NXT, NMC, XMR that have a codebase written from scratch. And I can't imagine anyone walking away from their millions in investment.

Getting away from the toxic people is not that hard. Except in the case of the remaining BTC Kore team. They're persistent buggers. Garzik seems like a massive sellout as well. I really don't have a good outlook on the upcoming 2x fork sh!tshow. Pretty surprising to see BTC soar to almost 6k right now!

Good to see BCH price show a little go-fast. Is it just me, or has the old meme of "blame the Chinese" become "blame the South Koreans"?
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
I am very happy because the price of a few days continues to rise and this bodes well for the future of bitcoin cash, I still keep bitcoin cash on xapo and wait for the surprise this year.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I know many who got burned really badly by BCC; it won´t be easy to build up confidence again (if there ever was)

In which way did they get burned? First of all, for many this was a golden airdrop. I am sure those who bought into the coin did have their reasons.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Well, looks like my earlier speculative analysis was total BS.  Cheesy I didn't see that breakout coming.
Activity: 777
Merit: 777
Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins
Is it true Dr dolittle has now scaled these magic beans to perform 10k transactions per second ? https://twitter.com/ProfFaustus/status/920001700932579328   FOMO time??
Activity: 600
Activity: 600
I do not know if it will be relevant, but maybe this apart from the next hardfork is another reason why they sold a lot of alts and bought btc. Will they be remedying the ruling?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-bittrex-eyed-with-suspicion-due-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
The Matrix lost my mind through the cracks!
hope, luck, lol guys, seriously?

The network is fine: http://blockdozer.com/insight/

6 minutes ago
205      128115
18 minutes ago
116      194001
23 minutes ago
273      162835
36 minutes ago
249      185988
an hour ago
1849      1400060