Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 714. (Read 704406 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
You must have a lot of money invested in BCash, because all you do is spread FUD about Bitcoin.

There's that quote about conspiracy theorists, that it's nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker.

FUD is the Bitcoin version, a term used to dismiss facts, evidence, and (often) truth that runs contrary to the prevalent view.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
People are saying it is taking a very long to transfer BCC BCH. Has anybody transferred today? How long is it taking? What type of fees is being charged?

Fee is still cheaper than dirt. It's taking longer to transfer BCH because difficulty increased on BCH at the same time difficulty dropped on BTC. So the difficulty is higher and the available hashpower is lower, double whammy.

Compare that to a day or two ago when BTC's mempool was flooded, all kinds of people had transactions stuck, even with the increased hashpower it is still flooded.

I believe that eventually BCH will become the dominant chain simply because it is more profitable for the dominant traders if it replaces BTC. It's also the better technology but people will debate that all the way up until it becomes the economic reality that BCH is preferred and that they must adapt. Even after the flippening people will be jilted that they were cheated unfairly although it was ultimately their own choice not to hold onto their BCH. People are being suckered into parting from their share dividend, or rather, selling their BCH which is the actual share and holding the dividend which is the segwitified-BTC.

You are absolutely right that it's taking longer and longer to transfer BTC and fees are going higher. The most recent pump with BCH was most likely manipulated to pull as many of the miners away from BTC as possible. I know people that don't want to send BTC because of the fees going too high. How will Segwit effect the fees? It is a civil war that is destructive on both fronts when BTC is already making plenty of self-destructive decisions.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Why Bitcoin Cash will Win & Segwitcoin will fail.

Bitcoin Cash Mining Profitability increases and Miners jump to Bitcoin Cash which slows segwitcoin (making an already slow coin even worse)
    Currently  82282 Unconfirmed Transactions : https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
    (And when too many miners drop segwitcoin, causes a Death Spiral killing Segwitcoin.)
     *Once LN is activated, this will decrease Onchain Transactions per segwitcoin, decreasing the Miners Onchain Profitability even more.*

or

Bitcoin Cash Mining Profitability Decreases and Miners jump to Segwitcoin which means the difficultly level for Bitcoin Cash will drop and be more profitable the next cycle.
     Plus what many fail to understand is that Unknown seems to be fully supporting Bitcoin Cash, all unknown has to do is mine segwitcoin and convert to Bitcoin Cash,
     which will cause segwitcoin price to drop while increasing Bitcoin Cash.

Either way Bitcoin Cash ends up the winner and segwitcoin the loser, only real question is : how many cycles before segwitcoin is dead or just less profitable to mine forever.

╥Aztek
You must have a lot of money invested in BCash, because all you do is spread FUD about Bitcoin.
Activity: 168
A block mined brought the unconfirmed transactions down to 81,500.
Activity: 98
People are saying it is taking a very long to transfer BCC BCH. Has anybody transferred today? How long is it taking? What type of fees is being charged?

Fee is still cheaper than dirt. It's taking longer to transfer BCH because difficulty increased on BCH at the same time difficulty dropped on BTC. So the difficulty is higher and the available hashpower is lower, double whammy. I haven't tried sending BCH today though, so I don't know if this is even affecting confirm times.

Compare that to a day or two ago when BTC's mempool was flooded, all kinds of people had transactions stuck, even with the increased hashpower it is still flooded.

I believe that eventually BCH will become the dominant chain simply because it is more profitable for the dominant traders if it replaces BTC. It's also the better technology but people will debate that all the way up until it becomes the economic reality that BCH is preferred and that they must adapt. Even after the flippening people will be jilted that they were cheated unfairly although it was ultimately their own choice not to hold onto their BCH. People are being suckered into parting from their share dividend, or rather, selling their BCH which is the actual share and holding the dividend which is the segwitified-BTC.
Activity: 36
People are saying it is taking a very long to transfer BCC. Has anybody transferred today? How long is it taking? What type of fees is being charged?

Just tried about 2 hours ago and it was confirmed in less than 10 mins, fast and cheap
Activity: 29
People are saying it is taking a very long to transfer BCC. Has anybody transferred today? How long is it taking? What type of fees is being charged?
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
^ nothing is clear for tek.  Cheesy

Makes no difference to me but some other newer users may take it the wrong way  Wink
tek...your actually smarter than you let on....and you dont collect beans lol

i hope you stay here for a long time,
but when you give us stats on how much loss it is for bcc miners...could you also begin to post the profits when they happen.
Just a bit more equal honest treatment for both coins...and ill try do the same(afiak i have been lol)...we may have a few hiccups at the start, but im sure we will get there lol
as long as we are trying to learn and earn its all gd..isnt it?
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
^ nothing is clear for tek.  Cheesy

Makes no difference to me but some other newer users may take it the wrong way  Wink
legendary
^ nothing is clear for tek.  Cheesy

Here we go, even with Cash being > 100% more difficult to mine, it is experiencing a nice bump as we approach this.

You do realise that this does not reflect real time wait 12-24 hours

Which part does not reflect real-time?

The link you posted this bit should give it away "Absolute hashrate in exahashes per second (24h averages)"

Since the difficulty adjust has only just happened then the graph is skewed by the last 20 hours at the stupidly low difficulty

You said it does not reflect real time but it does,  a real time avg of the last 24hrs... the graph is not skewed, it shows exactly what is claimed.

Yes and the way you was making it look was that now that bitcoin is over 100% more profitable that the mining power was staying but thats incorrect because the graph is using the last 24h worth of blocks and the difficulty only just adjusted so the vast majority of the data used to give these stats was mined when the difficulty was stupidly low

Also since then the only blocks being found are by Antpool, ViaBTC, BTC.com (Jihan Wu is to do with all of these and the unknown miner which is also most likely bitmain owned)

I'll rephrase some to help with understanding.

"as we approach this upcoming looking crossing point, and with BTC being more than 100% more profitable to mine, BCC is still experiencing a nice volume influx, and price increase"

That will help clarify what I was saying.
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
Why can't the electron wallet not redeem BCCs from multisig wallets originated from Electrum ?

Here we go, even with Cash being > 100% more difficult to mine, it is experiencing a nice bump as we approach this.

The link you posted this bit should give it away "Absolute hashrate in exahashes per second (24h averages)"

Since the difficulty adjust has only just happened then the graph is skewed by the last 20 hours at the stupidly low difficulty

You said it does not reflect real time but it does,  a real time avg of the last 24hrs... the graph is not skewed, it shows exactly what is claimed.

Yes and the way you was making it look was that now that bitcoin is over 100% more profitable that the mining power was staying but thats incorrect because the graph is using the last 24h worth of blocks and the difficulty only just adjusted so the vast majority of the data used to give these stats was mined when the difficulty was stupidly low

Also since then the only blocks being found are by Antpool, ViaBTC, BTC.com (Jihan Wu is to do with all of these and the unknown miner which is also most likely bitmain owned)

Activity: 87
Hope the winter is coming with new difficulty.

Gonna get more of bcc.
legendary
Rockets...lots of them...i can see them... Wink

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

that's HUGE.

The Android permissions look a bit invasive (contacts, files, etc)

Has anyone tried freewallet's BCC wallet?

legendary
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-cash-chinese-big-3-exchanges-huobi-okcoin-launch-trading/
Two of China’s ‘big three’ cryptocurrency trading platforms are now officially supporting Bitcoin Cash (BCC) after launching trading today.

In official announcements today, Huobi and OKCoin began supporting Bitcoin Cash, a digital currency blockchain launched on August 1 as an alternative to bitcoin with a focus on a peer-to-peer electronic cash transfers over being a settlement layer.

Interesting statement...so seems like they know it aswell, bitcoin aka segwitcoin is now a settlement layer,
where as bitcoin cash is peer-to-peer electronic cash ,
 Grin smart people know whats going on.

i think this could be the lowest supply coin thats listed on majority of all big exchanges.  Shocked
The day isnt far away when all alts will trade through bitcoin cash instead of the overpriced,monitored,slow segwitcoin.
Jump to: