Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 712. (Read 704406 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

can bitmain close my wallet?
can bitmain charge me to open a btc wallet in future?
can bitmain exclude countries from using the network?
NO,NO,NO

The whole concept of btc is built from miners, they get rewards for their work...wtf are blockstream doing to get a slice aswell?
your missing the point, apart from the tech on both coins...im more concerned with blockstream owning the whole crypto ecosystem, something your either ignoring or dont understand.

Can Bitmain refuse to verify my transactions?
Can Bitmain take steps to charge me outrageous fees?
Can Bitmain use a backdoor in my miner to get me to stop mining?

Yes,Yes, Yes

You are so focused on Blockstream that you are willing to follow Bitmain along in their plans to do a total takeover, of both chains. I guess manufacturing and selling 70% of the Asics and running several pools that have a lion's share of the Hashrate isn't good enough. Now he can control two coins, and pit them against each other so that he can profit even more.

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Hey Guys,

Why did Bitcoin Cash difficulty increased about X 4 times in ~24 hours? Bug or something else?

It's "Error by design" which got abused by miners to mine by far more BCH blocks than they should (started parallel to the heavy pump of BCH via KRW/BCH pairing), now after some days the diff adjustment kicked in and the miners leave again as it's no longer profitable to mine BCH. As per current hash rate in 2 weeks and 2 days the diff will go down again and most likely the miners will come back to abuse that "feature" to make a lot of money in short time Wink

Just look e.g. at POW / Regarget, POW / Hashrate, Blocks / Blocks/hr, Reward / Opportunity costs, ... at http://fork.lol

I don't think you will see a swing like this again unless the miners drop off and cause another emergency drop you will most likely find in the next 2 to 3 weeks a small drop and eventually everything even out relative to the price ratio

Now what would be bad is if the koreans suddenly stopped buying this and possibly selling off what they have for another coin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hey Guys,

Why did Bitcoin Cash difficulty increased about X 4 times in ~24 hours? Bug or something else?

It's "Error by design" which got abused by miners to mine by far more BCH blocks than they should (started parallel to the heavy pump of BCH via KRW/BCH pairing), now after some days the diff adjustment kicked in and the miners leave again as it's no longer profitable to mine BCH. As per current hash rate in 2 weeks and 2 days the diff will go down again and most likely the miners will come back to abuse that "feature" to make a lot of money in short time Wink

Just look e.g. at POW / Regarget, POW / Hashrate, Blocks / Blocks/hr, Reward / Opportunity costs, ... at http://fork.lol
Hey Guys,

No just normal difficulty adjust the miners manipulated it to make it incredibly low and profitable and then the normal difficulty adjust put it up

It should have gone up over 5x but its capped at a maximum of 4x
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
BCH looks sad today..
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
Hey Guys,

https://preview.ibb.co/gnpLxQ/BCH_difficulty.jpg
Activity: 420
Merit: 136
Looks like Bitcoin Cash waiting for takeoff in the very near future, I think it's time to buy it:
Blockchain.info just released a blog post saying they will support bitcoin cash (BCH). They have been monitoring it since the hard fork on August 1. Within the next 8 weeks they will be rolling out limited support for BCH via their settings panel. The panel is situated on the blockchain.info user wallet home page.
original: https://news.bitcoin.com/blockchain-info-to-support-bitcoin-cash/
Activity: 60
BitcoinCash Scrypt
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
Why don't you two get a room.. and take it to the next level?
https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-battle-segwit2x-begun/

In response to Rogers, some bitcoin users responded with a chorus that is likely to only grow louder as November nears, one that stresses the idea that a software upgrade put forward by businesses amounts to a kind of hostile takeover.

Hinting at the heart of the argument, one Twitter user said:

"If a group of CEOs can simply get together and unilaterally change bitcoin, then that means a government could – and hence bitcoin is dead."

this is what i mean.

This is over BTC1 hard fork and this being recommend over Bitcoin Core

This is no different to you pushing BCH as a the new improved bitcoin where this is not bitcoin and Jihan Wu has also publicly stated this is not bitcoin
yea i know, and it is different...the segwit devs ,blockstream are controlling and changing the ecosystem of bitcoin.
forget what jihan who says lol , he may have said stuff which is not as clear as what he meant...who knows.
if bitcoin was to upgrade, the dev said remove the 1mb cap with hardfork.

anyways, ive placed lots of buys all over the place on bch and lots of sells on segwitcoin,lol its been a long day....when i wake up lets see what happens  Smiley

At least you managed to take 3rd place again and told you that BCH will drop to 4th  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

In response to Rogers, some bitcoin users responded with a chorus that is likely to only grow louder as November nears, one that stresses the idea that a software upgrade put forward by businesses amounts to a kind of hostile takeover.

"If a group of CEOs can simply get together and unilaterally change bitcoin, then that means a government could – and hence bitcoin is dead."

this is what i mean.

This is no different to you pushing BCH as a the new improved bitcoin where this is not bitcoin and Jihan Wu has also publicly stated this is not bitcoin
yea i know, and it is different...the segwit devs ,blockstream are controlling and changing the ecosystem of bitcoin.
forget what jihan who says lol , he may have said stuff which is not as clear as what he meant...who knows.
if bitcoin was to upgrade, the dev said remove the 1mb cap with hardfork.

anyways, ive placed lots of buys all over the place on bch and lots of sells on segwitcoin,lol its been a long day....when i wake up lets see what happens  Smiley

this is what i mean.

legendary

this is what i mean.

legendary
^tek  Smiley

i remember btc guild, i was mining there too, the pool was growing to fast and big and to stop 51%
they started asking people not to join.
^ nothing is clear for tek.  Cheesy

Makes no difference to me but some other newer users may take it the wrong way  Wink
tek...your actually smarter than you let on....and you dont collect beans lol

i hope you stay here for a long time,
but when you give us stats on how much loss it is for bcc miners...could you also begin to post the profits when they happen.
Just a bit more equal honest treatment for both coins...and ill try do the same(afiak i have been lol)...we may have a few hiccups at the start, but im sure we will get there lol
as long as we are trying to learn and earn its all gd..isnt it?

I'll take that as a compliment I think lol and no I'm not going anywhere like I've said I've been around this space a very long time since around 2012 I've seen lots come and go exchanges, scans and all that

I've seen mining pools physically stop new users because they was getting too big and taking too large a percentage of blocks I was with BTC guild at the time and I think they forced new users to mine elsewhere purely for security because this is supposed to be trustless and as soon as ANY miner gains over 50% then you are effectively trusting that miner

I know you bash on as you call it segwitcoin and LN but it's all totally optional you CAN keep your legacy wallet with its signatures in the block just as it has always been and guess what this is what I recommend to do for your offline cold storage (savings account) then for everyday "normal use" like your normal bank account use a segwit enabled address as for LN this can be used for smaller everyday purchases and micro transactions or use like PayPal where it's almost accepted everywhere just better

Segwit has been running on litecoin now for a long time with no issues there is a litecoin wallet with $1mil bounty locked up in for anyone to claim and guess what no one has managed to crack it and I'm guessing many have tried
legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
what is the best functional wallet for BCC?

this one for sure, bcc-wallet.btc.com also available for android and ios.
legendary
tell me why you prefer 3rd party bitcoin aka segwitcoin as a settlement layer, over what we have always used peer-to-peer electronic currency?

So this is a peer-to peer network that was set up here? One that is dominated by the magical mystery miner(s) during the bust periods? They've already demonstrated that they can muster over 90% of the hash rate during the bust periods. Is that decentralized? Is that secure? You have magical mystery miner(s) on this network and you don't know who the fuck there are. You really trust them? Trust? I thought cryptocurrency was supposed to be trustless.  Roll Eyes

okay..so if thats what you think..then why do you trust a 3rd party to control every single tx, wallet and more on the bitcoin system?
do you know how companies work? they have employees, overheads, expenses....who will pay for them? the segwitcoin network users, will pay as time passes..is that what you call trustless?

You already use a third party to verify each and every transaction. They are called miners. They also have overhead and expenses. Some of the bigger ones also have employees. What's the difference? I'll tell you the difference. Bitmain's bottom line!
can bitmain close my wallet?
can bitmain charge me to open a btc wallet in future?
can bitmain exclude countries from using the network?
NO,NO,NO

The whole concept of btc is built from miners, they get rewards for their work...wtf are blockstream doing to get a slice aswell?
your missing the point, apart from the tech on both coins...im more concerned with blockstream owning the whole crypto ecosystem, something your either ignoring or dont understand.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
tell me why you prefer 3rd party bitcoin aka segwitcoin as a settlement layer, over what we have always used peer-to-peer electronic currency?

So this is a peer-to peer network that was set up here? One that is dominated by the magical mystery miner(s) during the bust periods? They've already demonstrated that they can muster over 90% of the hash rate during the bust periods. Is that decentralized? Is that secure? You have magical mystery miner(s) on this network and you don't know who the fuck there are. You really trust them? Trust? I thought cryptocurrency was supposed to be trustless.  Roll Eyes

okay..so if thats what you think..then why do you trust a 3rd party to control every single tx, wallet and more on the bitcoin system?
do you know how companies work? they have employees, overheads, expenses....who will pay for them? the segwitcoin network users, will pay as time passes..is that what you call trustless?

You already use a third party to verify each and every transaction. They are called miners. They also have overhead and expenses. Some of the bigger ones also have employees. What's the difference? I'll tell you the difference. Bitmain's bottom line! Antpool let's you mine on their pool with no fee. Even gives you a small "bonus" through promotions. Yet they keep the transaction fees all to themselves. And who's brain child was UAHF, which this coin is? Answer: Jihan Wu, cofounder of Bitmain.

legendary

also this miner 90% blah blah stuff, its only been alive for 3weeks, lets see where it is in 3months.
Activity: 168
Watching this objectively, I'm having a hard time finding any disagreement.

BCC is what he's pitching no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1_gxvx_QGo
Jump to: