Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 897. (Read 704387 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I've got amazing powers of observation
I have created a poll to see how the community views the fork and the future of bitcoin. Please answer the poll so we can have a statistically significant number of responses.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2048167.0;all

I am trying to be fair on that poll and included as many answers as I could think of. I will keep the poll open until a couple of hours before the Aug 1st fork. Let's see if the wisdom of the forum is indicative of how it will turn out.

Thank you for participating.
Activity: 495
Merit: 500
People are dumping their altcoins to get bitcoin thinking they are going to make profit with free bitcoin cash, but they dont realise the value of bitcoin cash will cause them a loss as opposed to keeping their alts and buying bitcoin direct with fiat. I love the idea of free bitcoin cash but it will be dumped in minutes, and the people who sold their alts are going to lose alot of money.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
This is reliable information that bittrex will add  BCC?

no yobit? Wink  lel

Yobit is right place for this coin
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
I think that, regarding the mining power, it yet remains to be seen... BU also started with negligible power, and climbed to 40% support in just 2 years...

Guess only time will tell  Smiley

that wasn't mining power. that was mining signaling. they were running the same software as everyone else to mine bitcoin.

i doubt many or any of them were insane enough to run actual unlimited code.
Activity: 343
Merit: 252
How many people are going to dump their BCC to buy more BTC? Is this going to be the biggest dump in history and how will miners respond if BCC becomes almost worthless? Surely they will stop mining it right.

I also believe that this is going to happen the dump for BTC. Let's wait and see what happens on 1st August. Some exchanger are announcing that they will both have, like Xapo.

I think that, regarding the mining power, it yet remains to be seen... BU also started with negligible power, and climbed to 40% support in just 2 years...

Guess only time will tell  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
I have here found a pic.  Huh

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
So BTC will be off chain and BCC will process ON-Chain?

Yes, although BTC will continue to allow a limited amount of on-chain transactions, and BC is expected to (edit: eventually) implement a malleability fix, which will also simplify Lightning-style off-chain transactions on that chain as well.

My question is why BCC tiker? BCC is BitConnect ticker.

Exactly as these scam Nubs couldn't even check coinmarketcap for tickers.

What 'Nubs' are you talking about? ViaBTC? It seems they are the ones that set the precedent.

i'm less interested in hearing about who plans to mine than who plans to run a full node? anyone here gonna do it?

I've been running BU for many months. BU is compatible with the BC blockchain, so...

This shit does not even have a TESTNET

Are you a liar, or merely clueless?

http://blockdozer.com/insight/
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
Livecoin exchange also has BitConnectCoin with ticker BCC:
https://www.livecoin.net/ru/trade/index?currencyPair=BCC%2FBTC
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
http://blog.kraken.com/post/1150/bitcoin-cash-and-a-critical-alert-for-bitcoin-margin-traders/

On August 1 2017 at 12:20 pm UTC a small community of Bitcoin users is planning a hard fork from Bitcoin to an alternative protocol called “Bitcoin Cash” (BCH). Bitcoin Cash is expected to be a minority chain, with the vast majority of the Bitcoin community remaining on the chain that activates Segregated Witness and, later on, a possible increase to 2MB blocks.

Although the Bitcoin Cash fork is expected to be minor, it may be successful. Provided that unforeseen circumstances do not make it prohibitively unsafe or difficult for us to do so, Kraken will support Bitcoin Cash as follows:

All Kraken clients holding Bitcoin (XBT) balances at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
    All Kraken clients borrowing Bitcoin (XBT) for margin trades at the time of the fork will be debited an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
    After the fork Kraken will enable BCH deposits and withdrawals (with replay protection enabled)
    After the fork Kraken will enable BCH trading in the following pairs: BCH/XBT, BCH/USD, BCH/EUR
    Kraken-owned Cryptowat.ch will support BCH charts and trading
    BCH margin trading may be added at a later date if it survives and trade volume is robust
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
This is reliable information that bittrex will add  BCC?

They will let you redeem, but will probably wait and see before adding a market for trading.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-
This is a big news. I was unaware that Bittrex will add  BCC

They will add this alt-coin just that their customers get the BCH for their BTC but you should read till the end:
"There is no guarantee that any markets will open to allow BCC assets to be tradable on Bittrex exchange."

So you get your BCH but if you can ever trade that alt-coin on Bittrex is not sure, it has to qualify as all other new alt-coins.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Hello. How can I get a BitcoinCash and at the same time stay on Blockchain.info?

You will have to use your Blockchain.info recovery seed, and use it with a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet that allows for recovery seeds. Before you use the recovery seed in the Bitcoin cash wallet after the fork, you would have to move all of your BTC to another blockchain wallet with a different recovery seed or none at all if you want to be safe. If your current Blockchain.info wallet does not have a recovery seed, you'll need to do even more steps. It will be a very complicated process. Probably more trouble than it is worth. And if you mess up a step, you could end up losing all of your Bitcoins.

That is true it's just headache to let funds on blockchain.info because in new wallet we don't have any access to our private keys and that recovery process is very difficult and much longer to use it for that purpose. I think better option to move funds into electrum and write down you private keys which is nice choice.

I'm glad that I have a Trezor. Trezor is going to release an interface that will take care of splitting your coins. I just hope they don't rush it and screw it up. I may have to wait.
https://blog.trezor.io/bitcoin-cash-hard-fork-chain-split-safe-guide-abbe3e9c553f
https://medium.com/@AlexeyZv/hello-a7f46995dd5c
https://medium.com/@xbach/through-this-interface-you-will-be-asked-to-move-your-bitcoin-cash-to-your-bitcoin-cash-address-62c6c712097f
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Hello. How can I get a BitcoinCash and at the same time stay on Blockchain.info?

You will have to use your Blockchain.info recovery seed, and use it with a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet that allows for recovery seeds. Before you use the recovery seed in the Bitcoin cash wallet after the fork, you would have to move all of your BTC to another blockchain wallet with a different recovery seed or none at all if you want to be safe. If your current Blockchain.info wallet does not have a recovery seed, you'll need to do even more steps. It will be a very complicated process. Probably more trouble than it is worth. And if you mess up a step, you could end up losing all of your Bitcoins.

That is true it's just headache to let funds on blockchain.info because in new wallet we don't have any access to our private keys and that recovery process is very difficult and much longer to use it for that purpose. I think better option to move funds into electrum and write down you private keys which is nice choice.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
This is reliable information that bittrex will add  BCC?

They will let you redeem, but will probably wait and see before adding a market for trading.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-
This is a big news. I was unaware that Bittrex will add  BCC
legendary

Activity: 107
I've got amazing powers of observation
I have created a poll to see how the community views the fork and the future of bitcoin. Please answer the poll so we can have a statistically significant number of responses.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2048167.0;all

I am trying to be fair on that poll and included as many answers as I could think of. I will keep the poll open until a couple of hours before the Aug 1st fork. Let's see if the wisdom of the forum is indicative of how it will turn out.

Thank you for participating.
Activity: 57
Did electrum tell when they will release the electrum cash wallet?
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
legendary
Biggest airdrop knowned to mankind. Thank you sweet altcoiners!
Not really an airdrop. It is a fork, a division, rather than an airdrop.

Yes, kind of like how a hydra reproduces. Except the two chains will always share the same blocks up until the split.

Activity: 966
Merit: 507
Not really an airdrop. It is a fork, a division, rather than an airdrop.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Jump to: