Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoinica Consultancy abandons customers. Bitcoinica to enter Liquidation - page 4. (Read 54904 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Amir is too busy doing youtube interviews to be bothered with doing the right thing for all the Bitcoinica customers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPAAM_5Dkg

Patrick is too busy threatening me over the lawsuit to be bothered to do the right thing and actually avoid the lawsuit in the process.

[18:31:12] ......, suggest to him strongly to drop the suit
[18:31:23] he's going to regret it more than anything he's ever done in his entire life
[18:32:11] that's a promise

Is there any end to Patrick's sheer arrogance?  He's not well placed to be threatening anyone.

God I hope that someone at the 2012 conference streams his presentation live.  I suspect that his audience won't be entirely "respectful" during his presentation.

Supreme, irredeemable asshole would be the most appropriate tag for Patrick.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
then I propose a tag something like "Don't trust with money", which doesn't necessarily entail scamming, just that at the very least this person has been negligent in some way.

"Incompetent"

Irresponsible.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
then I propose a tag something like "Don't trust with money", which doesn't necessarily entail scamming, just that at the very least this person has been negligent in some way.

"Incompetent"

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
What's the reason they don't have scammer tags?  If "scammer" doesn't suit this situation well, then I propose a tag something like "Don't trust with money", which doesn't necessarily entail scamming, just that at the very least this person has been negligent in some way. 

In any event, because things move so quickly around here and after a few months are apt to get forgotten, I think for the protection of newcommers they ought to be tagged in some way, or we should have a sticky in the main discussion area that lists people who've contributed to significant losses of other people's wealth.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
Amir is too busy doing youtube interviews to be bothered with doing the right thing for all the Bitcoinica customers.

Patrick is too busy threatening me over the lawsuit to be bothered to do the right thing and actually avoid the lawsuit in the process.

[18:31:23] he's going to regret it more than anything he's ever done in his entire life

Never a dull moment.
donator
Activity: 980

Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust

Lol @ Patrick's threat.  Doesn't he know that that could land him in even more trouble?

he still thinks he is an unbeatable genius who deserves fucking respect

FTFY
legendary
Activity: 1428

Lol @ Patrick's threat.  Doesn't he know that that could land him in even more trouble?

he still thinks he is an unbeatable genius who deserves respect
Activity: 461
Merit: 251

vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
It will be interesting.  But, hey, in the meantime, let's all go party with them in London!
word
legendary
I don't understand why they're being so obstructive.  I mean, they're almost being maliciously obstructive.  I just don't get it.  I will never trust any of those guys ever again and intend to stay as far away as possible from anything they're involved in.

It will be interesting to see whether they ignore the liquidator's requests for co-operation.  Technically, they're required by law to co-operate with the liquidator.  At a practical level, the consequences for failing to do so could be limited given that none of them reside in NZ.  I doubt any of them would be overly concerned about being banned from being directors of NZ entities in the future.  And while a liquidator could find that they have personal liability for the debts of Bitcoinica LP, there's no reason to believe that any of them have sufficient assets for such a finding to be meaningful.

It will be interesting, however, to see whether the liquidator finds any reasons to refer issues related to Bitcoinica to the Serious Fraud Office.

It will be interesting.  But, hey, in the meantime, let's all go party with them in London!
I don't understand why they're being so obstructive.  I mean, they're almost being maliciously obstructive.  I just don't get it.  I will never trust any of those guys ever again and intend to stay as far away as possible from anything they're involved in.

It will be interesting to see whether they ignore the liquidator's requests for co-operation.  Technically, they're required by law to co-operate with the liquidator.  At a practical level, the consequences for failing to do so could be limited given that none of them reside in NZ.  I doubt any of them would be overly concerned about being banned from being directors of NZ entities in the future.  And while a liquidator could find that they have personal liability for the debts of Bitcoinica LP, there's no reason to believe that any of them have sufficient assets for such a finding to be meaningful.

It will be interesting, however, to see whether the liquidator finds any reasons to refer issues related to Bitcoinica to the Serious Fraud Office.
legendary
I too hoped things would be further along by now. The lawyers are looking at skipping receivership and proceeding directly to liquidation. This is intended to save time but nothing in the legal world is fast by bitcoin standards. With luck, the Court will approve a liquidator in September.

This is good news.  From what you've said, there's nothing to be gained by going through receivership if Wendon is intending to make its recovered entitlements available to all creditors.  It's ridiculous that you've been forced into the situation of requiring court approval for liquidation, though.  Agreement by the general partners to wind up the partnership in voluntary liquidation would have made this process a lot faster and less costly.

I too hoped things would be further along by now. The lawyers are looking at skipping receivership and proceeding directly to liquidation. This is intended to save time but nothing in the legal world is fast by bitcoin standards. With luck, the Court will approve a liquidator in September.

This is good news.  From what you've said, there's nothing to be gained by going through receivership if Wendon is intending to make its recovered entitlements available to all creditors.  It's ridiculous that you've been forced into the situation of requiring court approval for liquidation, though.  Agreement by the general partners to wind up the partnership in voluntary liquidation would have made this process a lot faster and less costly.
donator
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
It's really time for an update on this.  It shouldn't have taken this long to progress to receivership.

Patrick/Tihan, what's the current anticipated timeline for receivership and liquidation?
legendary
With all the pirate stuff going on it's easy to forget that the Bitcoinica/Bitcoinica Consultancy/Bitcoin Consultancy/Intersango crew are also responsible for tens of thousands of bitcoin and USD losses to people around here.  I'm sure they're loving the break pirate is giving them.
Activity: 686
Wat

You cant tell the difference from one bitcoin to the other but you can with art.

Not true. Bitcoins have a unique generation and spending history stored in the block chain.

Although I can't imagine someone refusing refunded bitcoins because they are not "his".

I meant you cant tell who the owner of any bitcoin is unless you encoded a dna string into the coinbase somehow  Cheesy

I don't want to know how you "encode" your DNA on your "picture collection".

They see me mining...
Activity: 187
Merit: 100

You cant tell the difference from one bitcoin to the other but you can with art.

Not true. Bitcoins have a unique generation and spending history stored in the block chain.

Although I can't imagine someone refusing refunded bitcoins because they are not "his".

I meant you cant tell who the owner of any bitcoin is unless you encoded a dna string into the coinbase somehow  Cheesy

I don't want to know how you "encode" your DNA on your "picture collection".
Pages:
Jump to: