Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0 Pitchfork Date is October 13, 2015 - page 3. (Read 3702 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Bitcoinsatan and Stan how convenient.

I didn't received BTS (dust) most of them are still locked. Yes I know that pre 28/2 AGS investors are happy because they received their (BTS(X)) twice. Stan you know better then me that we (pre and post AGS investors) don't have the same sharedrop percentage.

It was all about (sharedrop target)  when you ask for our (my) money.

"BitShares AGS, or Angelshares, represent a way to gain a stake in this new and exciting industry without mining coins."

How can pre 28/2 investor have bigger stake in future DACs than post 28/2 investors. Is that too complicated question? Yes I'am more than happy with my stake in NOTE and PLAY. Obviously you can do it right.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Just another topic to hide scam and theft of (AGS) investors. They even change the name of their company. You can't hide Mr. Stan. Everything is in the blockchain: http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

Do you really think that all AGS holder are the same? You changed shardrop target from AGS to BTS. The problem is that we (post 28/2) didn't received BTS (never will) and of course in the number of shares. We are not the same sharedrop target! Personally I did't wont to be part of BTSX. I invested to become part of all future DACs - as you promised. You can simple give us back our BTC, you returned PTS did't you. Do you really want to be remembered as crypto scammer?

I'm curious where you are getting your information.

ALL AGS donors have gotten nice stakes in BTS, NOTES (MUSE), PLAY, and Identabit, with much more to come.  AGSers have definitely remained "part of all future DACs".  What other community has even come close to this number of spin-offs with this much diverse potential?  

There's a complete audit trail across all these chains.

If you want to focus on one key consideration that should make you feel better (if you want to), it would be that post-2/28 AGSers got an unexpected bonus of about 10% of the BitShares SuperDAC that contains all the future DACs that are compatible with it.  Our intent was to make it a better value than they already had, and with the advent of BitShares 2.0, it seems clear to us that is exactly what happened!

That said, it has always been recognized that third party DACs were free to apply BitShares Sharedrop Theory in whatever way made sense to them and the supporter / investor demographic(s) they need to attract.    

With all the moving parts in the BitShares ecosystem, every decision is bound to be suboptimal for every individual.  Hopefully you can see us working hard to strike a balance for all concerned and can graciously admit that "crypto-scammer" is a bit unfair.   Smiley

I suggest you do a bit more homework, and if necessary, get some help from the community at bitsharestalk.org  Just post your issue there and ask them where you are wrong. Hopefully they will share their various perspectives, although right now everyone is pretty busy celebrating October 13, the next major leap in BitShares history...

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
excellent news! let's see if we need pitchforks after October 13th Smiley

BitShares 2.0 Smartcoin Overview [YouTube]
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Just another topic to hide scam and theft of (AGS) investors. They even change the name of their company. You can't hide Mr. Stan. Everything is in the blockchain: http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

Do you really think that all AGS holder are the same? You changed shardrop target from AGS to BTS. The problem is that we (post 28/2) didn't received BTS (never will) and of course in the number of shares. We are not the same sharedrop target! Personally I did't wont to be part of BTSX. I invested to become part of all future DACs - as you promised. You can simple give us back our BTC, you returned PTS did't you. Do you really want to be remembered as crypto scammer?
The secret is not to fork up.
[ANN] BitShares 2.0 Pitchfork Date is October 13, 2015

The foreshadowing began back on April 6th with this subtle hint:

Pitchforks.  When hard forks just aren't enough!

The final hint came just hours ago when Bytemaster spilled the beans, um, I mean, actually announced something ahead of schedule for a change -- here:

2 days left now.  How are you guys feeling about the testnet?  On track for friday?

I believe that the test network has proven robust enough to replace the BTS 1.0 network in 30 days.

We have some graceful fallback positions that can be taken without missing the upgrade deadline:

1.  If all witnesses are on a single node then the network works perfectly, even with 1 second blocks
2.  Have several different witnesses all run from the same Amazon or Digital Ocean location
3.  Have all witnesses use a dedicated server to relay messages through while being geographically diverse
4.  Have all witnesses use current P2P and reduce block times to 5 seconds

In any event we are confident in the market behavior and evaluation of transactions and see no reason to delay upgrading the protocol simply because of networking/communication issues.

On the user interface side we have a viable wallet that supports:

1. market operations
2. transfers
3. voting
4. backups

Over the course of the next 30 days we will continue to refine the user interface, but at the very least it should be better than BTS 1 long before 30 days is up.

In other words, I am feeling pretty good about having the upgrade date be:  Tuesday, October 13th  (middle of work week)

So, yes, it's true.  

And as an added bonus, you all get a super deluxe 34-day countdown at no extra charge.

If you were planning on having the World's Best New User Training and Referral Funnel (WBNUTRF) ready to sign up new users when we go live, I'd suggest you start sprinting now.

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: