Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1047. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
If we needed an ISO compliant one, XBC would be my vote. XBL = Xbox Live to me.

BLK or XBC, I like them both. They're both easy to associate with BlackCoin.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Just noticed something:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0;sort=replies;desc

We are #3 and the youngest coin in the top 10 of #of replies to a Coin ANN thread.

Poor poor mintcoin and ultra coin believers...

Oh man, you mentioning ultracoin, a grief strucks me down whenever I see this name. I genuinely hate myself and my god damn luck... I sold my xbox 360 for 0.25btc to try to make some profit on that in crypto.
First I was playing a little bit with UTC at crypto-trade, just before it got hacked. Funds frozen for over one week as I can remember. When I got my btc back, I've run away from there, searching for some other exchange where I could invest. At this time UTC was down to 800sat? Something around that...
I was considering buying back in at mintpal, but hell no... That would make me a decent profit the very next day, but with my luck that obviously couldn't happen (being sarcastic here). Instead I used my not-pro trader insight, and went full in auroracoin during the $100 pump at Cryptsy, hoping to ride on the wave if it goes even further. It turned out I bought in at the peak, and didn't sold in time to cut my looses. I've lost 9/10 of my btc on that. Over one night, the same night I could have get x4 profit in UTC. Embarrassed
Then I made a pact with the devil and acquired additional 0.5btc and went all in UTC once again, at 21k sat, a day before it went live on Cryptsy. Pump was expected to happen, but there was none. However I became a ultracoin believer anyway. I even made a UTC video called Odyssey. I was holding for couple of weeks, being glad that the price was quite stable and at least I wasn't losing anything.
Then i found myself here, reading this thread, when BC was still at 3-4k sat. I fell into the hype, and said to myself "f*** it, to hell with utc..." and sold all of them at 1.9k to put my 0,5btc in to BC. That was my first wise decision so far! I did it just in time! The next day utc started crashing hard! We all can see where it is today...
Now I hold 10k BC which is worth almost 1btc. That's good. If it gets x10-20, I will buy myself a house Tongue And I believe more than I did in UTC, that BC can accomplish it easily long term!
But the real shame on me is this - When BC was still at 500sat, and I did not yet bought my utc before it went on Cryptsy, I did came across this thread. I found the name BlackCoin quite cool, but... I didn't like the old logo. To me it looked cheap and I was thinking probably another shitcoin. So I went away, not even reading the op what this coin really is Cry
Sorry guys for the off topic, but I had to put out my frustration somewhere... Moving along now.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Its all part of the blackcoin movement. Surely all the promotional work has achieved certain goals. Without getting published on major sites everything cannot have the momentum it has.

As much as the multipool has made Mintpal money and they have given a great donation to Coinkite, the press release day has brought things together at the same time. It's a bit of a stars aligning moment.

There were question marks over the mining a few days ago, that could have taken a huge hit. Everything going forwards is pushing forward.

The pool MH isn't from nothing and people will realise that they have got a little less as the coin goes up in value. But all of this makes it well worth while.

The role of propaganda directly determines the future of silver

Should increase propagandist strength

Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
why not use BLC instead of BLK?

I thought of it too, but I guess it looks too similar to BTC.

BTC | LTC | BLC

BTC | LTC | BLK

The BLK definitely stands out more. I personally would rather keep BC as I think it's kind of cool having a two letter ticker, but if having a three letter ticker is a requirement to move this coin forward, then I'm fine with it.

Why not start with an X letter so that Blackcoin is all set to trade on the world markets?  I already talked to Soepkip, but he wouldn't listen to me.

XBC, XBL, XBLC

I reckon it's cos X-something it not very user friendly to Joe six pack down the street.

I know having an X means it ISO compatible or something but me personally I think we should reconsider that later down the line. When Bitcoin's market cap was <5 million I doubt there much discussion about ISO
compliant currency names.. but that's just my take on it Smiley We could always have a community vote on it

I like BLC.

So what you are telling me is if we went ISO compliant, we would be one step ahead of all the other cryptos.  Sounds right down Blackcoins alley.

Look at Gold and Silver.  They both start with X, and they are worth a lot.  I don't think having a proper Ticker will hinder Blackcoin.  Rather, I think changing the ticker multiple times will more likely do harm.
Shouldn't this be competition?

The competition?
Any place will produce competition
As long as the different ideas
You may have different goals
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

BTC | LTC | BLC

BTC | LTC | BLK

The BLK definitely stands out more. I personally would rather keep BC as I think it's kind of cool having a two letter ticker, but if having a three letter ticker is a requirement to move this coin forward, then I'm fine with it.

Why not start with an X letter so that Blackcoin is all set to trade on the world markets?  I already talked to Soepkip, but he wouldn't listen to me.

XBC, XBL, XBLC

I reckon it's cos X-something it not very user friendly to Joe six pack down the street.

I know having an X means it ISO compatible or something but me personally I think we should reconsider that later down the line. When Bitcoin's market cap was <5 million I doubt there much discussion about ISO
compliant currency names.. but that's just my take on it Smiley We could always have a community vote on it

I like BLC.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Is there any way to find the Yahoo Finance article from http://finance.yahoo.com/? Other then searching for Blackcoin of course.
No.
NOBODY is breaking/hand-braking/baking cakes the law here

reality is Crypto Exchanges are not regulated so take your Modern Design to a cave..and then meet us in in the future

I think the same as you
Wish us luck
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
QUESTION: why are they referring to it as BLK? and not BC? are we changing our symbol or just for coinkite?
Coinkite only accepts XXX symbols. I think Blackcoin devs decided to use both symbols.

Yes, also BC can be confused with BTC for some, that is why we choose BLK

Soepkip, why didn't you take my advice and use something that starts with an X?  So Blackcoin is all set for world markets?  I don't get it....  Sorry.  I told you yesterday.

ISO 4217 includes codes not only for currencies, but also for precious metals (gold, silver, palladium and platinum; by definition expressed per one troy ounce, as compared to "1 USD") and certain other entities used in international finance, e.g. special drawing rights. There are also special codes allocated for testing purposes (XTS), and to indicate no currency transactions (XXX). These codes all begin with the letter "X". The precious metals use "X" plus the metal's chemical symbol; silver, for example, is XAG. ISO 3166 never assigns country codes beginning with "X", these codes being assigned for privately customized use only (reserved, never for official codes)—for instance, the ISO 3166-based NATO country codes (STANAG 1059, 9th edition) use "X" codes for imaginary exercise countries ranging from XXB for "Brownland" to XXR for "Redland", as well as for major commands such as XXE for SHAPE or XXS for SACLANT. Consequently, ISO 4217 can use "X" codes for non-country-specific currencies without risk of clashing with future country codes.
Activity: 89
my bad

blakecoin uses BLC
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

BTC | LTC | BLC

BTC | LTC | BLK

XBC, XBL, XBLC
Activity: 623
Merit: 501

BLK looks best too me, I automatically read it as "Black".
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

BTC | LTC | BLC

BTC | LTC | BLK

Activity: 89
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
QUESTION: why are they referring to it as BLK? and not BC? are we changing our symbol or just for coinkite?
Coinkite only accepts XXX symbols. I think Blackcoin devs decided to use both symbols.

Yes, also BC can be confused with BTC for some, that is why we choose BLK
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
The problem with MINT is the 20% PoS gives large holders an incentive to dump the 'free' coins, substantially increasing the selling pressure on the price. The opposite of what BC's low inflation and combined mining pool does.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Yes, in future the official abbreviation will probably be BLK, but the cool guys will still call it BC  Cool
Activity: 623
Merit: 501
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
What should be illegal is for a coin to have premine potentially worth as much as 420 BTC at one point, and then not give a single bit of it back to the community of bag holders.  Roll Eyes

4000 BTC worth of MINT were bought in the 30 to 60 satoshi price range. Now the price is 13 satoshis. Whilst Blackcoin has rocketed up. There is going to be a lot of MINT bag holders who are desperate and will do anything to try and regain some of their losses. I feel like this community is mostly well informed and smart towards these tactics and I've done my bit trying to make it clear that there's some "noise"  Grin in this topic the good readers need to block out.

ya i smelt that troll (bagholder) from a mile a away  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
What should be illegal is for a coin to have premine potentially worth as much as 420 BTC at one point, and then not give a single bit of it back to the community of bag holders.  Roll Eyes

4000 BTC worth of MINT were bought in the 30 to 60 satoshi price range. Now the price is 13 satoshis. Whilst Blackcoin has rocketed up. There is going to be a lot of MINT bag holders who are desperate and will do anything to try and regain some of their losses. I feel like this community is mostly well informed and smart towards these tactics and I've done my bit trying to make it clear that there's some "noise"  Grin in this topic the good readers need to block out.
Jump to: