Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1042. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Someone push BC down to nearly 9000 before a push was made to prop it up.

A lot of BTC has been spent trying to keep BC from going below 9000

It has been admitted that the price is being artificially held up? That is BAD. PERIOD. People have to buy in at an artificially high price while the people selling right now are making more than they should be (you are helping the person dumping right now, and hindering new investors). Market needs to test real support, not artificial support. What is the true state of the market?

There is no such thing.  That wall is money put up as a buy.  Anyone could have sold into it if they had enough to sell to reach it.  His money is a good a the seller putting up his wall for sale. It's all "real".
Activity: 294
Merit: 100

It has been admitted that the price is being artificially held up? That is BAD. PERIOD. People have to buy in at an artificially high price while the people selling right now are making more than they should be (you are helping the person dumping right now, and hindering new investors). Market needs to test real support, not artificial support. What is the true state of the market?

But we don't have to let them get it back to cheap. If they sell out, they are out.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
IconicExpert

I don't know if you realise the sheer hypocrisy of some of the posts you're making on here but a few of them are quite hilarious....

I want to know why is someone pushing the price down artificially

...then in the same breath...

If anyone's in a position to complain about market manipulation and false walls (i.e. not false in the sense that your prepared to spend the money but false in the sense that it's objective is other than regular investment) you're probably the least qualified. In fact the things you're getting up to are far worse that what the seller is doing that you're so eager to vilify who is probably just a genuine customer making a genuine trade after holding for a while.

What do you think potential investors are going see when they come here ? A coin who's price is kept inflated by parasitic mining of other coins. Holders who are busy manipulating the order book and placing buy walls to try to arrest any genuine price drops that may actually result in other genuine investors being able to enter the market at a level they can afford.

Stop pissing about with the order book in fear and panic and let the price go to where it's going to go based on the genuine advantages the coin has to offer.

You'll do less damage that way and might surprise yourself at the same time.

You have made a number of astute points on this thread, and I frankly am glad to see a bit of genuine thesis-antithesis going on here, as it's necessary for any vital discussion aiming for a valid sense of truth. Otherwise we just end up with cheerleading and preaching-to-the-converted, peppered with the occasional fud-bomb. That said, I'd love to hear an honest disclosure from you about your motivation in posting here. At times you really do seem on a mission. What would you say that mission is? (EDIT: meanwhile you have posted on that point. Fine.)

Regarding the substance of your post: The phrase you have coined, "parasitic mining" is wonderfully sensationalist rhetoric. But it's based on a false premise, and a false analogy. This rhetorical trick supports a dichotomy you have set up, between "genuine" and "artificial", which you then abuse to the point of fallacy. The parasite analogy while colorful does not accurately describe the relationship between our multipool and the coins mined. Nor is there any "artificial" happening here. The multipool is a mechanism by which genuine Blackcoin fans genuinely express their genuine valuation for the coin - and this naturally influences the market as it results in increased demand. It is no different in principle than my selling all the 300 Vertcoins I'd mined over several weeks, to raise cash with which to buy Blackcoin. Do I retroactively become a Vert-parasite? Of course not. The mining pool merely creates a convenient, continuous, intelligent system for the same fundamental transaction, on behalf of a like-minded group.
Activity: 476
breaking news !!

my mom has 9k BC  Grin

I was telling about them and she told she want them too lol

Hahaha +1!
Activity: 53

Activity: 532
breaking news !!

my mom has 9k BC  Grin

I was telling about them and she told she want them too lol
Activity: 126
I don't think that 40 btc sell is malicious, it might just be there to buy time, its currently the only thing standing in the way of 10k right now.

its only a matter of time. market sentiment is getting tired of these levels and people have just started re-buying at market price.

+1 on the tired levels of accumulation and money switching. we see it get hit with a good % and we will know.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
I don't think that 40 btc sell is malicious, it might just be there to buy time, its currently the only thing standing in the way of 10k right now.

its only a matter of time. market sentiment is getting tired of these levels and people have just started re-buying at market price.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
A buy wall @ 9000 was established only when it became apparent someone was pushing the price downward artificially. Even now as I type this someone took down a 35 sell wall, and then moved it to 9800 so it can be 40 BTC.

"it became apparent"  Huh

Are you serious ? You're making accusations of market manipulation left right and centre on a public forum, without a grain of evidence and while being clueless as the the seller's real motives (not that they should concern anyone anyway if they've got the goods to sell), meanwhile you categorically admit to engaging in exactly the practice you're condemning ! It's already been pointed out to you that there is a genuine basis for the observed behaviour. It's called *profit taking*.

Apart from anything else, there's a 4:1 overall ask to bid ratio on BTER's market depth charts and a 1.5 to 1 on Mintpal's so clearly there's going to be some jostling around of the asks while people find the optimal level to take profits. It doesn't mean everything's going to crash. It's normal

That being said...do you actually own BC? You do not seem very pro BC so why exactly are you posting here? I do not understand why anyone would post in a thread just for the sake of posting

I'm a BC holder trying to protect their investment. I've been in and out of this coin for weeks and happen to be in at this moment in time - no thanks to some of the koolaid drinking hysteria I read on here. Just because I don't go along with prevailing mood of the moment doesn't mean I don't have an interest. I've just done enough of these ventures to know that I'd rather get to the bottom of what I'm really invested in that kid myself I'm on an express train to my own private jet.

I don't mind seeing my investment go down if I know why I'm invested.

In fact I'd rather see it go down for genuine reasons such as profit taking than read reports of blatant price manipulation like the kind of stuff you seem to be getting up to. Doesn't matter what direction it's in.

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Whoa! What's going on? Huge buy!!!  Grin
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Guys, just want to let you know about scamming pool.
Don't trust them. They haven't paid me at all!  Angry

http://blackcoinminer.com
Activity: 168
IconicExpert

I don't know if you realise the sheer hypocrisy of some of the posts you're making on here but a few of them are quite hilarious....

If anyone's in a position to complain about market manipulation and false walls (i.e. not false in the sense that your prepared to spend the money but false in the sense that it's objective is other than regular investment) you're probably the least qualified. In fact the things you're getting up to are far worse that what the seller is doing that you're so eager to vilify who is probably just a genuine customer making a genuine trade after holding for a while.

What do you think potential investors are going see when they come here ? A coin who's price is kept inflated by parasitic mining of other coins. Holders who are busy manipulating the order book and placing buy walls to try to arrest any genuine price drops that may actually result in other genuine investors being able to enter the market at a level they can afford.

Stop pissing about with the order book in fear and panic and let the price go to where it's going to go based on the genuine advantages the coin has to offer.

Reading is comprehension. A buy wall @ 9000 was established only when it became apparent someone was pushing the price downward artificially. Even now as I type this someone took down a 35 sell wall, and then moved it to 9800 so it can be 40 BTC.

That being said...do you actually own BC? You do not seem very pro BC so why exactly are you posting here? I do not understand why anyone would post in a thread just for the sake of posting.
on mintpal's max chart.. the retracements after a large dump get smaller each time. to me, that's indicative of a large breakout possibility. go check out htttp://bitcoinwisdom.com and see how btc did the same thing before it's major breakouts feb-aug 2013 on the 1 day charts.

yup!

Think of it like this - daytraders like to trade ranges.  The smaller the range the less likelihood of profit.  After a range breakout a new range needs to be established - often it is at one end or the other of teh previous range.

So, when we break above 10k the lower end of teh new range will logically be 10k.

BTW:  the more liquidity the smaller the naturally occurring ranges tend to be.

that is a strong 4th post homie, congrats.
Activity: 364
we still have a powerful ally ! www.Blackcoinpool.com

Scrypt: 3119.97 MH/s | Sha256: 28.59 TH/s
Miners: (Scrypt: 736 | Sha256: 123)

growing a bit every day, I remember when it could barely get 200 people. now its close to 1000. Time to move those rigs over.

The pool is growing in a stealth like fashion. Hash rate is up something like 200% this week. I wonder how many of us forget the immense power of this pool?

Such an awesome day today.
Activity: 41
on mintpal's max chart.. the retracements after a large dump get smaller each time. to me, that's indicative of a large breakout possibility. go check out htttp://bitcoinwisdom.com and see how btc did the same thing before it's major breakouts feb-aug 2013 on the 1 day charts.

yup!

Think of it like this - daytraders like to trade ranges.  The smaller the range the less likelihood of profit.  After a range breakout a new range needs to be established - often it is at one end or the other of teh previous range.

So, when we break above 10k the lower end of teh new range will logically be 10k.

BTW:  the more liquidity the smaller the naturally occurring ranges tend to be.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
IconicExpert

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I would love if people used other exchanges... maybe these speculations would clear up then, you never know what's going on behind the scenes on some exchanges. I refuse to use Cryptsy after a lot of things that are shady on there and I somehow see a 2nd Mt. Gox happening with them. Prelude is freaking awesome and my new favourite but it has almost no volume because it's new and hasn't established a userbase. c-cex is okay.

I'm a fan of Mintpal cos they donated towards the Coinkite campaign

Does prelude.io accept USD deposits? That would give it an edge over Mintpal and compensate for their lower volume.

They do, they even confirm you for FIAT exchange really fast. I guess all they lack is a userbase, really. But I guess that is normal because they are new. I just hope they won't have to shut down before they got a chance to grow because people are not willing to switch and give them a try.

How much fees for trade and withdrawal?
Activity: 294
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
about 20 btc buy walls up front. may get interesting if not pulled.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I would love if people used other exchanges... maybe these speculations would clear up then, you never know what's going on behind the scenes on some exchanges. I refuse to use Cryptsy after a lot of things that are shady on there and I somehow see a 2nd Mt. Gox happening with them. Prelude is freaking awesome and my new favourite but it has almost no volume because it's new and hasn't established a userbase. c-cex is okay.

I'm a fan of Mintpal cos they donated towards the Coinkite campaign

Does prelude.io accept USD deposits? That would give it an edge over Mintpal and compensate for their lower volume.

They do, they even confirm you for FIAT exchange really fast. I guess all they lack is a userbase, really. But I guess that is normal because they are new. I just hope they won't have to shut down before they got a chance to grow because people are not willing to switch and give them a try.
Jump to: