Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1186. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I think maybe your guys should switch to MINT.

thats if you want to make money Smiley
week ago mint was 40..now is 20..

thats means you should have sold at 40 then buy double when it hits 20 Cool
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
Tanking, see you at 2000 Cool should have invest in MINT not BC. I will buy at 2000 until that time this coin can and will tank to 2000.
You never bought any BC. Just saw your posts. Just spamming every thread with mint.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
Looks like rats are fleeing the sinking black ship. Even AUR is seeing a rise and it got forked and bcx threw a time warp atack on it.
The ship is not sinking : every altcoins  go through high and low prices.
The difference here : blackcoin community used to believe there will no low due to its POS nature.
Indeed, I believe its POS nature will make the low not so low... before next high.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
retards scares off by those big sell wall on Mintpal.. they stack up then waiting for the retards to dump.. i wish i have lots of BTC to eat those sell wall.
Activity: 196
You complete and utter fools! Dumping the coin like this does nothing but cement a loss for you. Those with brains are holding as they have seen this happen before and subsequent pump. Don't buy into a coin if you haven't the mettle to hold on to them long enough to turn a profit - waste of everyone's time and resources.

Yes I too saw it drop from 7200 to 6700 then to 6300 then to 5500 then to 5100 and now 4100. it's gonna go up for a minute stabilize then drop again.
Activity: 154
You complete and utter fools! Dumping the coin like this does nothing but cement a loss for you. Those with brains are holding as they have seen this happen before and subsequent pump. Don't buy into a coin if you haven't the mettle to hold on to them long enough to turn a profit - waste of everyone's time and resources.
noohh.. its going down.. time to buy i bought all already @ higher price? praying to go up.

I bought at 5100, see you at 3000.
Activity: 182
noohh.. its going down.. time to buy i bought all already @ higher price? praying to go up.
Looks like rats are fleeing the sinking black ship. Even AUR is seeing a rise and it got forked and bcx threw a time warp atack on it.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261
I think the key is for us to compare it with Bitcoin so people can understand it. I would like us to mention:

- Must faster transaction speeds compared to Bitcoin. This is more convenient in general but also makes it more practical for point of sale transactions
- Pure proof of stake compared to Bitcoin's proof of work. This makes blackcoin less wasteful of energy (a good figure to quote would be $17 million bitcoin miners use in electricity every day -  google for the exact figure)
- Much cheaper in price and market capitalisaion compared with Bitcoin. This means investors and speculators have a much larger potential upside with huge growth possibilities.

Since we want this to coincide with the Cryptocurrency Convention in NYC I think this will be a fruitful approach since a lot of people will already be familiar with Bitcoin so it we highlight Bitcoin's weakness and compare them to Blackcoin's strengths it will have a greater impact. Smiley

I don't mine, so am not familiar with energy use costings etc. I'm therefore just responding with what is more of a query than anything else.

Is there any way of calculating the amount / cost of energy used by the BC multipool(s), even approximately ?

I ask, because if we are going to release something for the press ( great idea ), stating, among other things, that BC is more energy efficient, then hadn't we better consider how energy efficient the whole ecosystem that is developing around it is ?

I know that POS makes the coin by itself more energy efficient, but, it wouldn't take even a lazy-assed journo much time to see how much discussion and emphasis is given over to the multipools, link the two, and, if the energy use of the pools takes us up to a level close to that generated by miners working for BTC, it'd be a simple enough step to label BC hypocrytical, etc 

We don't want to be setting ourselves up for that kind of backlash with our first PR effort.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Price is droping because many smaller  whales  widrow BTC from alt coin to drop them for flat feering off bitcoin price drop more ..but for me selling bitcoin this low is crazy..i would rather wait

How come that isn't happening with Mintcoin?
dont know but i dont see they have big volume

If you're paying attention the volume on blackcoin is dropping with the price. The volume on mintcoin has actually been increasing
It's like a ghost town in here.. Where did everyone go?
Price is droping because many smaller  whales  widrow BTC from alt coin to drop them for flat feering off bitcoin price drop more ..but for me selling bitcoin this low is crazy..i would rather wait

How come that isn't happening with Mintcoin?
Activity: 11
Let's have a once monthly International Blackcoin rent-a-farm day. Say, the first Friday of every month - we can call it Black Friday -Everyone who can rents a fucking GPU-farm for 24 hours and hits the Blackcoinpool. It would be a great way to bring the worldwide Blackcoin community together.

Rent a gpu farm...
Where can i do this.

Im not using the multipool because i dont have a miner.
Im only buying the bc.

Where can i find it...

http://leaserig.net/
Its a nice service
Activity: 364
Merit: 301
Let's have a once monthly International Blackcoin rent-a-farm day. Say, the first Friday of every month - we can call it Black Friday -Everyone who can rents a fucking GPU-farm for 24 hours and hits the Blackcoinpool. It would be a great way to bring the worldwide Blackcoin community together.

Rent a gpu farm...
Where can i do this.

Im not using the multipool because i dont have a miner.
Im only buying the bc.

Where can i find it...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Yes. If you go back up to my original post, look at #2. It lays it all out pretty clearly, and has been confirmed various other's replies. Using the dropdown to unlock leaves your wallet kind of exposed while staking, but may be convenient if you need to do a series of quick sends. Unlock it old-school (console command) if you just want to stake safely.

When I use the following command:

walletpassphrase WALLETPASSPHRASE 9999999 mintonly

I get the following error:

Error: Error parsing JSON:mintonly

(I substitute my real wallet passphrase for WALLETPASSPHRASE)

mintonly should be TRUE

so

walletpassphrase WALLETPASSPHRASE 9999999 true

Smiley

Thanks.

I tried that too but got the message "Not staking because you don't have mature coins" when in fact I did show a balance. Perhaps I need more of a balance to stake.

Either way, I am unable to transfer coins because they are not mature enough. I have a chance to lose out on good prices. These few coins per day doesn't make up for the lost opportunity. I'll keep my wallet locked after my coins mature.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Yes. If you go back up to my original post, look at #2. It lays it all out pretty clearly, and has been confirmed various other's replies. Using the dropdown to unlock leaves your wallet kind of exposed while staking, but may be convenient if you need to do a series of quick sends. Unlock it old-school (console command) if you just want to stake safely.

mintonly should be TRUE

so

walletpassphrase WALLETPASSPHRASE 9999999 true

Smiley
Activity: 434

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Activity: 294
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

Sweet, on it now. Thanks again!!
Jump to: