Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 372. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
WE DON'T NEED AN GOSH DARN FOUNDATION, IS THIS WORLDCOIN 2.0? SERIOUSLY PISSES ME OFF CENTRALIZATION, AND ALSO PUTS OFF PEOPLE TO NOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RETHINK THIS FOUNDATION. GO SEE HOW WORLDCOIN PANNED OUT WITH THERE FOUNDATION IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

WDC doesn't compare. It had a premine. BC didn't. BC has a foundation made up investors that put their own money into it. Which do you think it going to try harder? The foundation of zero effort and minimal loss premine, or the one with investors that had to use their own money and have something to lose?  Wink
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
CAPS CUZ AM COOL

caps doesn't make you right, it just makes you an asshole. try again.

Hahahahaha. A bit of humour muffin, that was most welcome right now. How about this: why don't y'all stop bitching and get to work.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
WE DON'T NEED AN GOSH DARN FOUNDATION, IS THIS WORLDCOIN 2.0? SERIOUSLY PISSES ME OFF CENTRALIZATION, AND ALSO PUTS OFF PEOPLE TO NOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RETHINK THIS FOUNDATION. GO SEE HOW WORLDCOIN PANNED OUT WITH THERE FOUNDATION IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

+1 Huh
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
CAPS CUZ AM COOL

caps doesn't make you right, it just makes you an asshole. try again.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Activity: 462

Sorry, but me too I have to admit that maybe it's too expensive for now, it's a great idea but each has to go with it's own capacities/capabilities.....and what is going to be worth if we don't have money to execute the plan..Huh

and I'm pretty sure we can find ideas or find someone skilled to do so....

its pretty much the same price as that wall street promotion but instead of 2 hours of talking to random people in the street, this promotion will last 90 days and target the people that will actually be interested in this. they have already raised $15000..seems like a much better deal

Finally someone making sense..

Who ever goes against this Idea clearly has no idea what they are talking about. This plan targets specifically the media outlets that we need. 

Mark Cuban the Multi Billionaire doesn't know what he is talking about? http://www.businessinsider.com/why-startups-shouldnt-hire-pr-firms-2012-1#!Htx93

Can't say I would ever quote Mark Cuban in anything related to business. Mark Cuban is an incredibly lucky guy who sold his .com to one of the stupidest, biggest .com's at the peak of the .com bubble. As much as he thinks he is, he's no Warren Buffett and given the choice of having PR advice from the Ogilvy's of the world or Cuban, I suspect most wise and experienced business-folk would go the way of an Ogilvy.

With that said, I'm absolutely amazed and astounded that you can't step back and see how BlackCoin hiring a PR firm is NOT a good idea.
Look at the facts:
-Will all due respect after watching yesterday's BlackCoinCast the BlackCoin team, for all intents and purposes, is made up of ultra-nerds to the power of 10. Their forte is coding and crypto's.
-BlackCoin does not have the capital to hire and pay the ongoing salaries of a Marketing/PR Director and team. Yes, taking BlackCoin to where it should be requires a team with years of social media experience to wrangle the message of why the ordinary man/woman/child needs BlackCoin.
-There are many marketing plans going every which way here on BitCoinTalk, creating a massive amount of noise which is becoming indecipherable, chaotic and overall causing massive disorganization. Over a month ago when the forum was pushing the one message that BlackCoin would be the first, and only (at that time), crypto with a self-made BC-buying multipool the result was a ridiculous panicky buying spree which luckily resulted in a much higher price plateau than from where it had been before that message spread.
We need that organized one-mindedness again.
-No crypto has ever hired a PR firm before because no other crypto (maybe with the exception of Evan Duffeld with Dark Coin) has had developers who have taken their coin so seriously as these guys. These guys are willing to test the suppose 'crypto boundaries' that exist and they have been rewarded for it so far.

Iconic, if you truly had an ounce of business experience you'd either donate your 'Wall Street meets BlackCoin' to this cause or sell all your holdings out and move on because pretty soon you will be coming off like a troll.
JL

With all do respect but I doubt you have real world business experience. If you did you would know what I posted is correct. I shared 4 or 5 links to reputable sources all stating hiring a PR firm is a bad move. Anyone with Google and 5 minutes could find that out for themselves. I am not going to back something I think is fundamentally flawed because a few people from IRC is trying to ram it down the throats of this community to "keep control".

This reminds me of the "Meet Black" campaign that I advised not to do. An idea that was also fundamentally flawed, and how did that turn out?

If not agreeing with a bad idea makes me a troll then I am a troll.

I'm not playing this game with you so I'll go about this in a different way and say that I completely and totally agree with you that a traditional startup should NOT spend their capital on a PR firm.....
However I do not see how in the hell you can possibly equate this "wild west alien crypto world" which BlackCoin resides in - where crypto-currencies have a major image problem and the lead-horse already has a 5.5 year lead, $5 billion market cap, ATM's, private investment, venture capital and a future public ETF - with the traditional business world.
But...
We both agree that BlackCoin needs to market itself in a huge f'ing way.
Let's keep it at that.
JL
X11 miners don't forget you can mine BC at CryptoAlts.com

Currently over 800 MH/s. Come on let's hit a 1 GH/s figure and make it known that BlackCoin has not one, but two pools that have hit a 1 GH/s figure!!! Other coins can't even get a single pool to get anything near what we have two pools doing right now!!!

Closing in on 850 MH/s. Come on everyone! Tell your friends, your family members, and your unborn children to try out X11 mining on CryptoAlts!!
Activity: 70

Sorry, but me too I have to admit that maybe it's too expensive for now, it's a great idea but each has to go with it's own capacities/capabilities.....and what is going to be worth if we don't have money to execute the plan..Huh

its pretty much the same price as that wall street promotion but instead of 2 hours of talking to random people in the street, this promotion will last 90 days and target the people that will actually be interested in this. they have already raised $15000..seems like a much better deal

Who ever goes against this Idea clearly has no idea what they are talking about. This plan targets specifically the media outlets that we need.  

Mark Cuban the Multi Billionaire doesn't know what he is talking about? http://www.businessinsider.com/why-startups-shouldnt-hire-pr-firms-2012-1#!Htx93

Can't say I would ever quote Mark Cuban in anything related to business. Mark Cuban is an incredibly lucky guy who sold his .com to one of the stupidest, biggest .com's at the peak of the .com bubble. As much as he thinks he is, he's no Warren Buffett and given the choice of having PR advice from the Ogilvy's of the world or Cuban, I suspect most wise and experienced business-folk would go the way of an Ogilvy.

With that said, I'm absolutely amazed and astounded that you can't step back and see how BlackCoin hiring a PR firm is NOT a good idea.
Look at the facts:
-Will all due respect after watching yesterday's BlackCoinCast the BlackCoin team, for all intents and purposes, is made up of ultra-nerds to the power of 10. Their forte is coding and crypto's.
-BlackCoin does not have the capital to hire and pay the ongoing salaries of a Marketing/PR Director and team. Yes, taking BlackCoin to where it should be requires a team with years of social media experience to wrangle the message of why the ordinary man/woman/child needs BlackCoin.
-There are many marketing plans going every which way here on BitCoinTalk, creating a massive amount of noise which is becoming indecipherable, chaotic and overall causing massive disorganization. Over a month ago when the forum was pushing the one message that BlackCoin would be the first, and only (at that time), crypto with a self-made BC-buying multipool the result was a ridiculous panicky buying spree which luckily resulted in a much higher price plateau than from where it had been before that message spread.
-No crypto has ever hired a PR firm before because no other crypto (maybe with the exception of Evan Duffeld with Dark Coin) has had developers who have taken their coin so seriously as these guys. These guys are willing to test the suppose 'crypto boundaries' that exist and they have been rewarded for it so far.

Iconic, if you truly had an ounce of business experience you'd either donate your 'Wall Street meets BlackCoin' to this cause or sell all your holdings out and move on because pretty soon you will be coming off like a troll.
JL

Shots fired.

Centralize BC is dangerous, I hate any kind of government.

When you center something, you limit ideas, and puts power in the hands of a few individuals, just point me a government that is perfect (none), because people are different and think differently, can suddenly be good to you more can not be good for me!

I agree to ICONIC, nobody never want to marketing Blackcoin except ICONIC, and some others, you can include me too, I have always supported ICONIC, and his Marketing, ICONIC already done and is doing very much for Blackcoin, I'm really finding odd this sudden change of mind of many people here, a lot of people here that we hardly posts here, this suddenly inundating this forum, creating discord very strange ...
Activity: 266
I don't know why everybody thinks things have to be an either/or proposition, personally, I have donated to both Iconic's plan and the BlackCoin Foundation fund. I wish I could foresee the future, but the best analogy I can use is throwing mud on the wall, when you throw mud on a wall, some of it will stick and some of it won't. I don't know if either of these plans will work, but I'm willing to give to both because I want BlackCoin to succeed and it's not a BlackCoin Foundation vs. Iconic thing, it's about BlackCoin and I hope both plans are hugely successful, because BlackCoin will win and if BlackCoin wins, we win.

yes this x10000

why can't we all coexist independently while working toward the same vision: blackcoins longterm growth and sustained value

enough of this bipartisan bullshit. there is not OR we can do EVERYTHING. these efforts aren't mutually exclusive and aren't going to take attention or focus away from blackcoin or its goal, in fact, they both support the goal greatly.

enough with the ego clashes please guys. lets engage in competitive cooperation instead of pure competition spurned by ego and popularity.

if there is anything I've learned in my 7 years as a professional poker player is that there is no 1 right way to play a poker hand, the more creative you get and more risks you take, the more you are going to succeed and be rewarded.

ICONICEXPERT: I love you're enthusiasm and guerilla marketing tactics: they have done wonders for this coin and community. you don't need the official support of the self appointed foundation, please keep up the creative great work.

COMMUNITY: we can all coexist and run these promos and marketing efforts concurrently, we don't need to create drama and tension. please find a more constructive way to engage in conversation and criticisms because the way we are currently operating is self destructive.

thanks for reading.

Well said, both of you. I was just typing to Roulette a moment ago:

Yes. Either/or thinking is one of the hobgoblins to avoid. And your mud-on-wall analogy has, unfortunately, a great deal of truth to it. Most of all, I advocate respect and gratitude for our different efforts. Bear in mind, a right move is often arrived at through a series of questionable moves. Let each follow his own lights. Time will tell all. And thank god for our DIFFERENCES.
Activity: 336
CS Student - BC Logo Guy
Great news guys! This will definitely give credibility and publicity to blackcoin in an unprecedented manner! This is the real start of something big!
Activity: 65
I don't know why everybody thinks things have to be an either/or proposition, personally, I have donated to both Iconic's plan and the BlackCoin Foundation fund. I wish I could foresee the future, but the best analogy I can use is throwing mud on the wall, when you throw mud on a wall, some of it will stick and some of it won't. I don't know if either of these plans will work, but I'm willing to give to both because I want BlackCoin to succeed and it's not a BlackCoin Foundation vs. Iconic thing, it's about BlackCoin and I hope both plans are hugely successful, because BlackCoin will win and if BlackCoin wins, we win.

yes this x10000

why can't we all coexist independently while working toward the same vision: blackcoins longterm growth and sustained value

enough of this bipartisan bullshit. there is not OR we can do EVERYTHING. these efforts aren't mutually exclusive and aren't going to take attention or focus away from blackcoin or its goal, in fact, they both support the goal greatly.

enough with the ego clashes please guys. lets engage in competitive cooperation instead of pure competition spurned by ego and popularity.

if there is anything I've learned in my 7 years as a professional poker player is that there is no 1 right way to play a poker hand, the more creative you get and more risks you take, the more you are going to succeed and be rewarded.

ICONICEXPERT: I love you're enthusiasm and guerilla marketing tactics: they have done wonders for this coin and community. you don't need the official support of the self appointed foundation, please keep up the creative great work.

COMMUNITY: we can all coexist and run these promos and marketing efforts concurrently, we don't need to create drama and tension. please find a more constructive way to engage in conversation and criticisms because the way we are currently operating is self destructive.

thanks for reading.
Activity: 292
how about somebody raises money to tattoo a blackcoin on their face!
Activity: 84
IE this has nothing to do with control. The BlackCoin Foundation is a group of investors. None of the coin devs are in our group. We have no control. Think of the BlackCoin Foundation like you and your wife. We are a family that just wants the best for BlackCoin...

Your concerns are noted and we discussed them at great length, truthfully. It was not an easy decision. We were concerned about timing, how far along the coin was currently, are we ready in terms of coin features and coding...

At the end of the day we decided to at least get the ball rolling. We are going to try this for 90 days, and if it doesn't work the BlackCoin Foundation will be the hardest hit. But if it does work, the COMMUNITY has the most to gain.

I look forward to it. I think its exciting and I consider it a once in a lifetime opportunity to be here with this community right now.
Twitter: @Steven_McKie
I think the best thing that could happen is the announcement of a THIRD major PR related move to even the playing field.

Who wants to plan something big and unique? PM me. I'm trying to get in on the fun.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Guys need to relax and stop posting about how things won't work.  I like both ideas but if I don't like one, why say anything? They're both happening.

Look at the facts:

JL

Shots fired.
Activity: 168

Look at the facts:

JL

With all do respect but I doubt you have real world business experience. If you did you would know what I posted is correct. I shared 4 or 5 links to reputable sources all stating hiring a PR firm is a bad move. Anyone with Google and 5 minutes could find that out for themselves. I am not going to back something I think is fundamentally flawed because a few people from IRC is trying to ram it down the throats of this community to "keep control".

This reminds me of the "Meet Black" campaign that I advised not to do. An idea that was also fundamentally flawed, and how did that turn out?

If not agreeing with a bad idea makes me a troll then I am a troll.

Currently over 800 MH/s. Come on let's hit a 1 GH/s figure and make it known that BlackCoin has not one, but two pools that have hit a 1 GH/s figure!!! Other coins can't even get a single pool to get anything near what we have two pools doing right now!!!
z

People are hungry trying to get as much cheap Blackcoin as they can while the gettin' is still good. I have a feeling we may need a 3rd major pool soon.

McKie
Activity: 196

Look at the facts:

JL

Jump to: